I Need A Home

One of the sweetest 7 year old dogs in the world - FOXY - who has been living on our office street for the past 6 years or so, has been given a week's eviction notice by the hotel at the end of the street for chasing motor-bikes. She has never bitten anyone in her life and never would. She faces a miserable end to her life in the dogs home, at best. Is there anyone who would consider giving her a home...we would but we are too small and have 2 girls already who would kill her. Photos coming later today. Medium size dog. She has had the Op. We are giving a home to her mate Charlie who will be alone on the street.

Dogs that chase motorbikes cause accidents and injury, cant really see anyone taking up your offer of providing a home.

Got to agree here, the person on the m/c or bike does not know that the dog will not bite.

Edited by mistresserika
  • Like 1

Dogs that chase motorbikes cause accidents and injury, cant really see anyone taking up your offer of providing a home.

Got to agree here, the person on the m/c or bike does not know that the dog will not bite.

Fair comments. But someone might live away from the roads and with a garden for this dog to live out its' days? It is not an unreasonable request, even if people think it is unrealistic?

Perhaps some people with a fenced yard can help.

Yes is it the dog that chaces cars also in Bohput near the gas station?

If so that dog is harmless but i would worry that it would return to that place if it is a street dog unless like suggested it lived in a fenced yard.

That dog is lovely dog. and is cool.

No, that is "dead dog" he loves to chase cars ans actually studies number plates. He loves it even more in the rain!

good i would not want to take him away from what he loves. does he hate cars by number plates. he is a geanious. i noticed he does pick and chose who he wants to chase almost like he is hard at work.

• Like 1

Foxy chases 1 motor bike in particular - an employee of the hotel who over the last few months kicks her as he rides past! In 6 years living on this small street off the ring road near Bophut - she has lived in harmony with the business staff and the hotel guests with no problems. Due to the actions of 1 employee in the hotel she has understandably showed a very small amount of unacceptable behaviour (barking at people at night and chasing a particular employee's motor bike) and because of this the hotel want to remove her from the street! Surely there is some one on Samui who can offer this sweet friendly but not so pretty girl a home!

Foxy chases 1 motor bike in particular - an employee of the hotel who over the last few months kicks her as he rides past! In 6 years living on this small street off the ring road near Bophut - she has lived in harmony with the business staff and the hotel guests with no problems. Due to the actions of 1 employee in the hotel she has understandably showed a very small amount of unacceptable behaviour (barking at people at night and chasing a particular employee's motor bike) and because of this the hotel want to remove her from the street! Surely there is some one on Samui who can offer this sweet friendly but not so pretty girl a home!

What would you do if you managed a hotel and a dog was barking at night & I assume thereby irrating paying guests?

I am pleased to say Foxy has won a reprieve. Our pleas to the hotel have been heard and she is back on a trial period! Thanks to the hotel for their understanding.

Perhaps someone could do the dog a favour by NOT LETTING HER RUN OUT AT BIKES because she'll end up getting an innocent motorcyclist killed. i know she's a nice dog but i can say in all honesty that she nearly had me off my bike once and its just not acceptable what she does. I'll add to that that i've lost count of how many people she's caused to have major wobbles by running onto the road.

So i ask the question..surely working there for so long you must have seen the danger she was causing? Why didn't you restrict her movement to make this situation safe?

I am pleased to say Foxy has won a reprieve. Our pleas to the hotel have been heard and she is back on a trial period! Thanks to the hotel for their understanding.

Perhaps someone could do the dog a favour by NOT LETTING HER RUN OUT AT BIKES because she'll end up getting an innocent motorcyclist killed. i know she's a nice dog but i can say in all honesty that she nearly had me off my bike once and its just not acceptable what she does. I'll add to that that i've lost count of how many people she's caused to have major wobbles by running onto the road.

So i ask the question..surely working there for so long you must have seen the danger she was causing? Why didn't you restrict her movement to make this situation safe?

Are you sure this is the same dog Carmine? Foxy lives on a dead end soi with no through traffic and has never run out at motorbikes until very recently and then only at one particular person on a bike.

I think the dog you refer to may be "Dead Dog" referred to in earlier posts who chases cars/motorbikes along the ring road near Boncafe/PTT - or used to - he has not been seen for the last week or so!

• Like 1

Are you sure this is the same dog Carmine? Foxy lives on a dead end soi with no through traffic and has never run out at motorbikes until very recently and then only at one particular person on a bike.

I think the dog you refer to may be "Dead Dog" referred to in earlier posts who chases cars/motorbikes along the ring road near Boncafe/PTT - or used to - he has not been seen for the last week or so!

Yes you are correct....apologies to the OP, my mistake.