Problems With Blue Tooth ?

strawberry

Hi All,

thanks to stu monster I've been able to get back on line with my PC at home. been getting email from friends as well as sending photo's, Over the past couple of days I've been trying to send mail to thai visa and on 3 occasions my mail has been lost 1st time the page went blank the2nd I got one of thaivisa sponsors web page and the next time it went blank again. I'm now back into the internet cafe'to try and get some answers.

I'm thinking its my blue tooth set up.I surf all over thaivisa and it accepts me as strawberry and my password but won't let me post new topics.

The other problems that make me think its the blue tooth set up that is the problem are I can't down load updates to my virus protection or or skype.com.

although I'm being charged for both incountry calls and overseas calls I'm not being charged for time spent on line.

It also takes a long time to change pages anything upto a minute or more.

Regards Joe

am still thinking you may have something setup incorrectly.

you should be able to right click on the little bluetooth symbol down near the clock , alnd select quick connect , then dial up networking then you phone name. that should bring up a small box saying connecting to your phone name then you should get a connection to bluetooth connection box . the username and password should be blank and the phone number should be *99# ( this is wehat I get for AIS 12call ) .

the other thing you might want to do is scan your computer for spyware/adaware etc.

maybe next time at the internet cafe get them to burn you a disc with spybot search and destroy ( http://security.kolla.de ) and adaware personal ( www.lavasoftusa.com ) and either the signature updates for your virus scanner or the latest version of a free one ( eg. www.freeav.com ) . maybe you have something on your system that is hijacking your browser .

Hi Stu,

it looks like my email has gone through,so I'll spend time giving a run down on what I'm doing.

The brand of blue tooth is Billionton.

The protection I haveis as given by you to me over a year ago and I haven't had problems since you gave me this.

AD-Ware SE

AntiVirus personal

Firewall is Zone Alarm

Spybot Search anddestroy

My 1st step is to get the Blue Soleil main window

I'm also AIS and the number is*99#.

I've only just been back online with this PC over about 10 days and the only thing I haven't been able to update is the AntiVir guard but I will take your advice and go to www.freeav.com to see what I can do there. Its at least 6 months since I updated from them.

You could be right and something may be hi-jacking my PC. In fact I'll do that now and will get back to you

Many thanks Joe