Sold As Seen

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the "SOLD as Seen" law exists in Thailand? I have just traded in a pick-up to a dealership against a brand new top of the range model. The manager had a good look at the car and offered a price which we agreed on and accepted. The money was handed over for the pick-up, deposit for the new car payed and all seemed well. However the following day the dealer informs me that there is something wrong with the gearbox and he wants me to pay more money or cancel the deal and get my truck back and return the money. I know for sure this would not be possible in the UK. Where do I stand in Thailand with this from a legal perspective?

Thanks

I'm not sure about the laws here regarding this but if it were me I would get my deposit and car back then give him the money, sell your truck privately and go to another dealer. You would probably get more private anyway.

I'm pretty sure either he is trying to get more money from you for his own pocket or he has had a telling off by his boss about the deal he struck with you.