Is There A "True Value Hardware" Store In Bkk?

buzzer

Hi,

There's a couple items I'm looking for that I can only find at True Value. Pricey US stuff.

Previously, I've been to their stores in Pattaya & Phuket. A previous poster gave map coordinates for a location in BKK - but it seemed to be in Samut Sakhorn with no guarantee it would actually be there. He also left a mobile # of an employee in Pattaya - who fails to answer.

The US site only locates US branches.

If anyone knows a location and/or phone # in BKK I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Buzzer

Rama 4 has very little - by far the best one is in Nonthaburi. Haven't been to the one at Crystal Design Center.

US stuff is VERY pricey there, but they have a good selection of things you won't find at HomePro.

Edited by Sateev

Very strange store indeed. Being from the US, I go in occasionally. I bought a Weber portable gas grill in the States a couple of years ago and brought it back with me as checked baggage. It was $200 or at that time, with CA sales tax, about 7,000 THB. The store threw in some free stuff and add-ons, cover, some grill tools and cleaner, extra foil grease catchers, etc. Here the exact same grill is 25,000 THB with no extras at all.

I do not understand. Tax cannot possibly explain that. I find it hard to believe they are still in business. Cool stores, though, it's like walking into the US Embassy, one feels like they are "home".

• 1 month later...

There used to be a display area for TrueValue in the Central Chidlom supermarket... But it disappeared lately after a remodeling re-do of the store. I asked the store staff there, and they said the TrueValue display there was gone, not just moved.

Meanwhile, the TrueValue website linked above is running a banner that says they now have a new branch at the Promenade Mall.

So that would appear to mean there now are 4 BKK locations:

--Nonthaburi across from the Ministry of Public Health

--K Village Center on Suk Soi 26 near Rama IV

--Crystal Design Center

--The Promenade Mall

http://www.truevalue...th/location.php

BTW, TrueValue also had a pretty good sized display a month or two back at the annual American Chamber of Commerce retail event, held this year at CentralWorld. I believe they had a similar display a year ago when that event was held at Siam Paragon. So I'm guessing they're a regular display vendor at that annual event.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I went today to check out the relatively new TrueValue shop at the K Village mall on Suk Soi 26. It's a nice new store, but they seem to be lacking a lot of the products they used to offer in the past when they had displays in several of the local malls like Central Chidlom and Siam Paragon, which have since disappeared.

I wanted to buy something like Comet or Ajax cleanser powder, which I'd easily been able to find in the past. But the K Village shop had none of it or even anything similar.

They're open daily from 10 am to 9 pm.

• 1 year later...

I went today to check out the relatively new TrueValue shop at the K Village mall on Suk Soi 26. It's a nice new store, but they seem to be lacking a lot of the products they used to offer in the past when they had displays in several of the local malls like Central Chidlom and Siam Paragon, which have since disappeared.

I wanted to buy something like Comet or Ajax cleanser powder, which I'd easily been able to find in the past. But the K Village shop had none of it or even anything similar.

They're open daily from 10 am to 9 pm.

Did you ever find the sink cleaner, Comet or Ajax? I too always bought it when I lived in central Th. Now I live in Chiang Mai, heard rumors of a True Value going in here, but haven't substantiated it yet. A good alternative to the sink cleaners, is Amway's LOC Home Soft Cleanser, if you can find a distributor. It works well on most things, and on the hardest dried fried on messes, I use it with a wet fine emery cloth or sandpaper. On occasion the wife will burn food to a stainless pot. Good Luck. wai.gif

-David, Oregon