Cheapest Way Of Booking Hotel + Flight To Bangkok From Hamburg?

Hi everybody,

I am planning a job-hunting trip to Bangkok at the end of this month. I am planning to fly from Hamburg, Germany at the end of May (30st, 31st May or 1st or 2nd June) and I will be staying for 30 days.

However, I have been struggling with booking the right ticket for days now, and I therefore hope that some of you here maybe can help me suggest websites that offer flight + hotel at the same time?

I found some german websites, but there the maximum days of travel is 22 days and I want to stay for 30 days.

I have also been seeking just flights, but I then found out that booking the hotel at the same time brings the price down on the hotel. Then again, I would be "locked" to that hotel for the entire stay - but it´s a gamble.

It is my first time in Bangkok, not my first trip alone. I think choosing the solution with flight + hotel also has the benefit of transfer from the airport to the hotel instead of encountering possible communication problems or frauds at the airport when going with taxi´s (I heard too many stories).

I hope that some of you here can suggest some websites for combining the flight with the booking of the hotel. If you have other solutions, suggestions please let me know.

I will have to book as fast as possible, as the prices are rising, so any reply asap would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I´ll be paying with cold beer and/ or coffee OR the poison of your choice when in Bangkok for those who are interested and willing to help. :)

Kind regards,

Bjørn Kristensen

Buying your flight and hotel together means you are paying dearly for an online agency to package what you can easily do yourself and it usually provides no flexibility. I've seen the combined offers and they seem ok at first but when you try to book often there is no space for the hotel. Watch the hotel taxes are often NOT included.

Book Directly with your airline of choice - look at this for some ideas

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/527870-airline-information-and-flight-deals-for-expats/

In terms of hotels you can look at agoda and the likes and book direct, in terms of taking a taxi don't be concerned when you arrive you simply queue up and there is a desk, you inform them of your hotel name and address and off you go, you will pay the tolls and the metre rate. I often use the Citadines on Soi 11, so you would simply inform them Sukumvit Soi 11. I would estimate total cost 400 baht with tolls depending on time of day up to 500.

If you are job hunting you'll need to be close to the BTS, the hotel I mentioned is a 5 minute walk and there is a grocery store on Soi 11 and lots of cheap eats around the area.

Good luck

Agreed. Get the cheapest flight you can then focus on a hotel in an area you want to stay. Close to the BTS is a huge deal. What is your budget for a hotel? There are hundreds of hotels in Bangkok...and it's low season now.

Don't worry about being scammed at the taxi queue on arrival. It's pretty straight forward. If you are nervous, get your hotel to have a driver meet you there. But seriously, head over to the queue and make sure they use the meter. No matter what they say. If they won't, get out and get another taxi. Easy.

I used to booked my flights and hotels separately with expedia and was able to cancel the hotels with 24 hours notice. I then booked a hotel and flight together and needed to cancel. I was told I wasn't allowed to because booking them together meant I had booked a package holiday and they were non-refundable. So be careful about booking both together, unless you are absolutely sure you will come on those exact dates and stay at that hotel.

if you're coming for 30 days why not book the hotel for a few days and then take a look around and book a new hotel or the same hotel directly. You can often get big discounts if you walk in with cash. It's easier to decide on a hotel once you've seen a few for yourself and seen what's nearby and what suits you.

Edited by w11guy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. smile.png

Thanks for your all your helpful replies. I decided to book my hotel and flight separately and am now only looking for a rather cheap, but good hotel in Bangkok. I have started a new forum entry for that.

Once again, thank you all for your replies.

Kind regards,

Bjørn Kristensen