Parmesan Cheese And Nutmeg Spice...

I'm sure I've seen a variety of the holiday spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, etc) at one of the Villa Markets, but I've been to so many of them trying to scrounge up ingredients that I can't remember which one it was.

But I do know that Parmesan cheese is everywhere. Every Big C I've been to has had it. It's the wedge-shaped block of parm that you have to grate, but that's so much better than the pre-grated sawdust style parm anyway.

Just bought nutmeg and grated Parmesean at Villa, Cheese can be bought in can, (Kraft), or by the wedge, and the Villa on S

ucumvit 33 has a large selection of spices

Yep, that's my experience also... Most all of the Villa Markets and Foodlands I've seen stock both regular wedges and grated packages of parmesan cheese, as well as the jarred Kraft variety (though the latter is ridiculously overpriced here).

I'm pretty sure the same markets stock jars of nutmeg...as well as places like the Central Markets at Chidlom and Central World, and the Gourmet Market at Siam Paragon, as well as other places.

At Paragon, for reasons that could only be understood by Thai retailing geniuses, they actually end up having about three different spice sections in the supermarket. One for western type spices, another for Thai type spices where there's often an overlap, and then another area as well. So it pays to look around.

I just got back from Pattaya, and there is Parmesan cheese at all the supermarkets, we went to, was very impressed by the variety of western food at Central Festival in Pattaya, but very pricey.

My wife purchased some Nutmeg (nuts) at the local market, an added bonus was the lining that covered the nutmeg inter nuts, was mace. So both are available at the local market, and I live in a small rice growing village.

Good Luck, Hope you find some.

Cheers:smile.png

• 2 months later...

Just bought nutmeg and grated Parmesean at Villa, Cheese can be bought in can, (Kraft), or by the wedge, and the Villa on S

ucumvit 33 has a large selection of spices

Kraft Parmesan??? May i laught?

How could they call that powder Parmesan?