Buying A Kindle In Chiang Mai?

PoodMaiDai

Well I have just bitten the bullet and bought Kindle Paperwhite. This was my first sally with Amazon and I found them about as user friendly online as Air Asia. There were items I tried to buy and they waited to the last to tell my they were not available for shipment to Thailand - has Thailand a black ban on Kindle covers? My shipping address and address for my visa card is different and I ticked the box saying this was so but I was never asked that address. Visa has never approved a purchase before without that adress. Also I was not asked for the three number code on the back of my card, aniother first. All very strange.

The sun total for a $134 Paperwhite and adaptor was $251.42 or $251.33. The first figure was the order summary and the second was what appeared on the confirmation email. The adaptor was advertised at $9.99 a $10 discount but by the time it all went through there was no discount. I'll wait and see what happens when my Kindle arrives sometime between next Friday and the following Tuesday.

I have a kindle and am having problems with hooking it up. No surprise for me being tech challenged. My friend helped me set the account up on my desk PC and tomorrow will straighten out the kindle.

I called the credit card company and told them that I would be purchasing things on the card and wanted them to be sure that it was a real deal they said no problem.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic