Pickup Delivery Times

3,5 months ago I ordered a new D-Max. I was told a delivery time of 2 months, but it still has not been delivered, and all the dealer can tell is 'we'll call you as soon as it has been delivered to us'. Isuzu HQ is trying to help me, but with an unwilling dealer there is only so much they can do. They did tell me present delivery time for an order placed now is 4-5 months though.

I just called Mazda, and was told a delivery time of 2 months (I'd be looking at BT 50 double cab 2.2 AT).

Anybody have any insight in whether the information I received is true? Would like to avoid a discussion on the cars or alternatives BTW.

In Phayao I ordered a DMAX. Was told 2 months. Later told the one I wanted would not be avilable did I want a 4WD and an extra 100000 Baht. Declined offer. Went to Chevrolet. Nothing in Phayao but later a phone call from Chevrolet in Lamphun. A new 4 door was available. It was delivered to us 3 days later.

We ordered and received a Toyota Hilux G AT 4X4 in 28 days, delivery times sometime differs from dealer to dealer, seems like volume dealers get priority! Do your homework and shop several dealers, you never know when you might stumble across a cancelled order sitting in the lot! Good luck

My latest phonecall to HQ has had positive results. The lady was very surprised I called again, after Isuzu Andaman Sales (Phuket) did not do as promised, and promised to sort things out straight away.

A few hours later the sales manager calls, perfect English, and tells me: sales guy has been sacked, delivery of car will be next Monday. Very, very sorry for the inconvenience.

So all fine for me, I was just on the way back from Mazda (enquiry only) when the phone rang, so I'm a happy chappy now.

• Like 1

My latest phonecall to HQ has had positive results. The lady was very surprised I called again, after Isuzu Andaman Sales (Phuket) did not do as promised, and promised to sort things out straight away.

A few hours later the sales manager calls, perfect English, and tells me: sales guy has been sacked, delivery of car will be next Monday. Very, very sorry for the inconvenience.

So all fine for me, I was just on the way back from Mazda (inquiry only) when the phone rang, so I'm a happy chappy now.

Good indeed!!

Are you getting your new truck with the Owners Manual in English?

Would you give me that Isuzu HQ phone number, it would be such a relief to talk an authority who speaks English!

The hotline number from the website. The English menu does not work, but when I talk to the operator I get connected to an English speaking lady from customers relations.

The hotline number from the website. The English menu does not work, but when I talk to the operator I get connected to an English speaking lady from customers relations.

Thanks, I will give it a go!

Isuzu Pattaya told me "maybe 2 months" for a Dmax.

NIssan said 2 weeks.

Seems extraordinary to me that waiting times should be so long.

Amazing that a little bit of flooding might cause delays, shame on the car companies having delayed delivery times.

Sounds like you did well.

I ordered a D-Max in the first week of January and was told 2 to 3 months maximum. Wifey called the dealer several times and was told no date yet.

After the 3 months and no car, we cancelled, got our 5k deposit back and booked a Vigo.

And I'm pleased to say it's being picked up on Saturday after only 2 months wait.

Isuzu Pattaya told me "maybe 2 months" for a Dmax.

NIssan said 2 weeks.

Seems extraordinary to me that waiting times should be so long.

Amazing that a little bit of flooding might cause delays, shame on the car companies having delayed delivery times.

There was also the Tsunami set back in Japan that factors into this car delivery back-log here in LOS.

The flooding was some time ago, and I've been told that 2-3 months is common, no matter what the weather's like.

The flooding was some time ago, and I've been told that 2-3 months is common, no matter what the weather's like.

Tea money talks. smile.png

I'm sure, but since when should one have to pay anything to anyone to get a car delivered in reasonable time? This is nonsense and I would just go with the brand that can offer reasonable delivery times. Would you pay tea money to get your servicing done also? Not me.

Tea money to get round a driving offence, maybe.

from what I 've observed with these new cars is that the supply chain is fragmented. You would expect that your order goes from the dealer to the factory, once the factory produces your car, it is delivered to your dealer.

However, not so. In reality, the dealer takes your order and whether that specific order reaches the factory is beyond me. But the cars that arrive back at the dealer do not align with the orders that have been taken. Thus you hear a lot about dealers calling their customers to pick up their cars but the cars are of a different color or model. Or some people waiting 3-4 months to take delivery on their order when someone else at another dealer gets theirs within 1 month. Some dealers getting a large amount of cars that haven't been reserved while other dealers never seem to get their cars.

The next time I need to buy a new car that is in short supply, I will be reserving at several dealers and wait for which ever comes in first.

And just to reply to the OP's original post, I ordered my Mazda pickup 2.5 months ago and will be picking it up tomorrow. clap2.gif

My originally order was for the Ford WT back in December... 6 months ago! blink.png After all of this bullsh@t, what is supposed to be a truly joyous time for a man has turned it into a plain hassle.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I need to replace a couple of pick ups this year and dread the usual delivery BS.

Last year Mitubishi delivered a Pajero Sport in 2 weeks but Toyota took about 4.5 months for a Fortuner. Throughout the Toyota saga we got constant excuses and "2 month" promises plus a few hints for extra money etc. Fair enough the Tsunami and Floods were disasters so in the end I was happy to get a Fortuner at all.

Car companies are very organised and could arrange delivery schedules, if the dealers wanted to that is. I suspect there is a lot of Thai style flexibility in the stock allocation so the only choice is to pick a dealer with some pull and regularly remind them your order is important.

Interestingly I went to 4 dealerships of the same brand over the last couple of days. They were located about 100km apart.

One had no stock at all of the vehicle I was interested in, not even for display. One had six vehicles of the right model and two were the version I wanted. One had two identical vehicles of the wrong version. One had just one vehicle of the wrong version.

Asking about delivery if I ordered a particular model/spec, I was variously told two weeks and three months and all points in between. The most clued-up salesman said "maybe two months but it could come any time and I would call you when it does".

Astounding though that the available stock should be so badly distributed between the four branches.

Even the branches with stock made little attempt to secure a sale or discuss prices, apart from one guy in Rayong who nearly bit my arm off. Unfortunately he didnt have the version I wanted and Rayong was the farthest branch from where I live and so the least suitable.

I'm sure, but since when should one have to pay anything to anyone to get a car delivered in reasonable time? This is nonsense and I would just go with the brand that can offer reasonable delivery times. Would you pay tea money to get your servicing done also? Not me.

Tea money to get round a driving offence, maybe.

Perhaps you miss understand. You order a motor, pay the deposit, THEN suddenly theres a delay in delivery, WHY, cos somebody has handed over a cash sweetener and has got your ride. Get in first with the sweetener. It's the way it is. smile.png .

The government incentive of cash return for first buyers is the ticket to getting fast delivery. Just have a thai to come with you who has never owned a vehicle. Order the truck let them know it is a cash deal. Ask them to register the sale in the thais name. Then after the rebate papers are signed and money received and shared with dealership have the truck changed to your name. The dealer will probably do the whole thing for you.

The government incentive of cash return for first buyers is the ticket to getting fast delivery. Just have a thai to come with you who has never owned a vehicle. Order the truck let them know it is a cash deal. Ask them to register the sale in the thais name. Then after the rebate papers are signed and money received and shared with dealership have the truck changed to your name. The dealer will probably do the whole thing for you.

First time buyers scheme has nothing to do with delivery times, and buying under that scheme will not speed up delivery, not will a cash payment.

Do you know anything if bought this way the vechile can't be transfered to a new owner for 5 years.

Do you know anything if bought this way the vechile can't be transfered to a new owner for 5 years.

That is after it has been registered, I think he was talking about changing ownership before registration (and so also not collecting the tax rebate).

But yes, agree, he seems not to know what he is talking about.

• 1 month later...

I booked a Mazda 2 and was told delivery in 2 months. 2 months later went to see the dealer expecting delivery any day. They told me now Mazda cut back deliveries and can get it in 6 months. I cancelled the order and will pick up a Ford Fiesta with delivery in one day. By the way, Honda Jazz is 11 months for delivery, Toyota Vios 6 months etc. Delays are combination of the 100,000 baht rebate and lack of parts due to flooded factories. I also suspect they are giving export higher priority v.s. domestic market.

Edited by RichardO