Thai Wanting To Holiday In Holland. Advice Needed Please.

A Thai friend wishes to go to Holland for a 3 week holiday.

What does she need to do to get a visa for a holiday in the Netherlands?

Does she need to show proof of finances etc? If so, how much money?

Can her Thai friend in Amsterdam vouch for her?

Her situation is this :-

She has a friend who already lives in Amsterdam.

She has been to Hong Kong and other places abroad but not to Europe.

She will have a return flight booked.

She will stay at her friends house so no hotel bills.

Thanks for any help on this.

Here is the link to VFS - http://www.vfsglobal.com/netherlands/thailand/thai/index.html

Your friends friend will need to provide proof that they are allowed to stay in the Netherlands, passport page, letter of invitation and a few other things.

Your friend (the one traveling) will need to provide proof of sufficient funds. The Swiss Embassy used the ball park figure of 100CHF per day when my wife applied, which is about 3400baht.

Here is the link to VFS - http://www.vfsglobal...thai/index.html

Your friends friend will need to provide proof that they are allowed to stay in the Netherlands, passport page, letter of invitation and a few other things.

Your friend (the one traveling) will need to provide proof of sufficient funds. The Swiss Embassy used the ball park figure of 100CHF per day when my wife applied, which is about 3400baht.

Thanks for that reply. I will digest and pass the information on :)

Would any of these requirements change if the Thai was married to a UK national and living in the UK on a settlement (12 months) visa but had yet to receive ILR ?

They would be travelling alone, without the UK husband, for a week, to visit their sister who is a resident of the Netherlands, married to a Dutch man.

I'm not sure whether any of this has any bearing on their need to apply and receive a Shengen visa.

I go to Amsterdam maybe three times a year, sometimes with my husband, and sometimes alone (but to stay with Dutch friends).

Its very easy and I usually apply for the schengen visa by the postoffice to the German embassy as its free and I dont have to attend interviews and go into London.

Very easy. Take a look at the German website.

I know you are meant to apply to first port of entrance but its always been ok and Ive been to Amsterdam 8 times.