Pcx 125Cc Vs Pcx 150Cc

I now have a silver colored PCX 125cc 2010, but had just visited with my Honda dealer where it had a black and a white PCX 150cc.

Can something with experience of owning both, tell me what is different in old and new model apart from the engine size?

Is comfort better on the new model? Hope you can tell (convince me, ha ha ha) to replace the old with the new model ...

post-84957-0-34539300-1336555986_thumb.j

I Have had both, no difference in comfort as that's mainly down to the seat which I have changed on both models as I feel the standard seat is uncomfortable, no other major changes except the 150 is a bit faster, not by a big margin but quicker. I only sold my 125cc as i got almost what I paid for it 14 months ago so the real cost to change was very little, so if you can sell yours for a good price then maybe its worth changing, I suspect it may be harder to sell 125's for high prices now as the 150s are readily available.

My friend was offered 40000 for his 15 month old 125 with 9k on the clock in part ex against a new one priced at 85000 ( over priced by the Pattaya stealers as you can buy for 78000 all in with insurance etc), so 45000 to change he said no thanks and will keep his 125.

there is already a very busy thread about the new PCX 150cc in this forum and all your questions discussed........i traded my 125 to a 150cc 2 month ago

summary:

• more torque/better acceleration
  • slightly higher top speed about 115km/h
  • stronger/better rear suspension higher seating position
  • smaller fuel tank 5.9 to 6.2
  • slightly increase fuel consumption 2.3 to 2.5 l/100km
  • better tires
  • and driving a brand new bike and new model is always a good feeling

Cheers

there is already a very busy thread about the new PCX 150cc in this forum and all your questions discussed........i traded my 125 to a 150cc 2 month ago

summary:

• more torque/better acceleration
  • slightly higher top speed about 115km/h
  • stronger/better rear suspension higher seating position
  • smaller fuel tank 5.9 to 6.2
  • slightly increase fuel consumption 2.3 to 2.5 l/100km
  • better tires
  • and driving a brand new bike and new model is always a good feeling

Cheers

I have a 125 PCX (red with black trim) and a 150 PCX (red with black trim), and what Mr J says (except for top end speed, which I cannot confirm or deny) is correct and complete. If you already own a 125 PCX, everything else equal, the upgrade to the 150 is worth B10,000, no more. I'd also pay a few thousand Baht to get rid of that crappy silver color (but I do not like the red trim on the white or black 150). Best price I have seen for the 150 PCX is B74,500, so if you can't get B64,000 for your PCX (assuming it has less than 6,000 km on it; B62,000 if you value the color change), you are better off keeping your 125. If your present bike has 6,000 km or more, you have got to take into account that you are shedding those km's when you get a new bike.

Keep what you got put some money into it for some mods and you will be a happy camper.

If I go for a new 150cc, it will be a white one. Only problem I have with the white and black PCX 150, is that I can`t stand the horrible red color on the covers (trim) or what ever you want to call itlaugh.png

So, I have two choices as I see it.

1. Order new black color covers for a RED color bike, or...

2. Bay a RED bike, and have the Honda dealer re paint it to white color...

I don`t know witch option will be the cheapest one cheesy.gif

I change the color to black in PhotoShop on a white PCX, and I really like it...

post-84957-0-90720400-1336582219_thumb.j

Keep what you got put some money into it for some mods and you will be a happy camper.

If I go for a new 150cc, it will be a white one. Only problem I have with the white and black PCX 150, is that I can`t stand the horrible red color on the covers (trim) or what ever you want to call itlaugh.png

So, I have two choices as I see it.

1. Order new black color covers for a RED color bike, or...

2. Bay a RED bike, and have the Honda dealer re paint it to white color...

I don`t know witch option will be the cheapest one cheesy.gif

I change the color to black in PhotoShop on a white PCX, and I really like it...

post-84957-0-90720400-1336582219_thumb.j

I agree, the white and black PCX looks very good. You can change all of the red parts to black for very little money. I am guessing it will be less than B2000 to do it all. When I bought my 125 PCX it was pearl white and brown. The Honda shop in Pattaya changed the entire bike to red with black trim, including the seat and the side panels, for B6,000. They used original, new factory parts, not a repaint. The bike looked like it came from the factory red and black. The plastic body parts are very cheap and easy to get. When you buy the parts they usually incluse the labor to install them at no extra charge. I had to change the Green book, but you won't need to do that if you leave the primary color white.

Will be cheaper to replace the red parts, I had the same thoughts I went from a white and brown 125 and wanted a white 150 with black, I priced it about 1500 baht to change the plastic panels, I ended up liking the red coloured side panels.

P1030827.jpg

P1030928.jpg

Will be cheaper to replace the red parts, I had the same thoughts I went from a white and brown 125 and wanted a white 150 with black, I priced it about 1500 baht to change the plastic panels, I ended up liking the red coloured side panels.

P1030827.jpg

P1030928.jpg

i just bought the same seat for my PCX 150cc black/red - feels and looks awesome

I bought a black seat to go on mine when I get it. Looking for carbon fibre plastic bits to replace the side panels.....and a muffler. Man those standard mufflers look ugly!

I was in Nat west Honda yesterday and asked the parts people about changing the red panels to black. The lady says we can change the side panels but the center panel is bigger on the 150cc scooter and the 125cc parts will not fit. She days too wait awhile until parts are in the pipe line. I am not sure if it is a bulls--t job. They are very keen on sales and making money in parts so think they are being truthful.

I guess you are a bit worried about your sexuality then giggle.gif

Hell yeahcheesy.gif

I prefer pink...passifier.gif

and no foot brake? Next...coffee1.gif

if you want a foot brake,buy a real bike ,why even post in a pcx thread ??why-god-why1.jpg

Edited by wana
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

ianthai, always wondering, what for people install that metal panels at footrest?

Does anyone else here understand the above post...........or is it just me?

ianthai, always wondering, what for people install that metal panels at footrest?

Perfectly understandable old chap.

He wants to know if you turn right or left, at the main entrance, to go to the coffee shop outside the Helsinki railway station.

Just had the ugly rust red panels on my PCX150 painted green on the side panel and black on the center, with green wheels. Also had a new evo intake installed haven't had time to check gas mileage. I will get the costas exhaust when it is avaliable

Perfectly understandable old chap.

He wants to know if you turn right or left, at the main entrance, to go to the coffee shop outside the Helsinki railway station.

Samlowry is asking why owners of PCXs (at least some) replace the black plastic inserts on the footrests of the PCX with the shinny stainless steel inserts with "PCX" emblazoned across them (see picture below). And they are not cheap -- more than B2,400 for the pair. They are strictly for appearance. So, there are two reasons required -- (1) someone want to add "bling" to their PCX and (2) that same person has more money than sense. And I expect that after a fairly short time the metal inserts get all scratched and look like crap. But it is their money, so up to them.........

footpadK1.jpg

Just had the ugly rust red panels on my PCX150 painted green on the side panel and black on the center, with green wheels. Also had a new evo intake installed haven't had time to check gas mileage. I will get the costas exhaust when it is avaliable

I am not sure if it's the right thing to do....but, can we see pictures of that? smile.png

The red and white is nice as well, but it`t too "ladyboy" for my taste, sorry matecheesy.gif

I too had reservations about the white and red. It looked a bit to "flamboyant" so I got a custom seat with black on the sides. The "Tribal" decals are mostly black and help to offset ( more masculine) the appearance whistling.gif - I think. If I can't live with these results I'll get the 9 piece black plastic package from JRMotor for 1500 baht.

After 1500 kms I have been getting 118 - 120 imperial MPG - about the same as my 125 PCX which was white and black.

post-71632-0-46624700-1355211914_thumb.j

Edited by gerry53