Obama Says He Supports Same-Sex Marriage

News_Editor

Obama says he supports same-sex marriage < br /> 2012-05-10 02:36:01 GMT+7 (ICT) WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) -- In an unprecedented step which will likely please his political base but upset conservatives, U.S. President Barack Obama on Wednesday voiced his support for same-sex marriage. He previously said his personal views on the issue were evolving."When I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I've just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married," Obama said in an interview with ABC News.Obama has raised millions of dollars from lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) donors as a result of his support for equal rights for same-sex couples. But gay rights supporters were frustrated that Obama always fell short of endorsing same-sex marriage, instead saying his views on the issue were still 'evolving.' tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-05-10