Bangkok Bank Power Card On 9-Month Tourist Visa ?

freedomnow

Is it possible to get the Bangkok Bank Power Card on 9-month Tourist Visa ?

I'm renting monthly here in Chiang Mai so no lease and I have the Be1st card already from a previous trip to Thailand ...but my bank in Pattaya told me I'd be hit with a 25 Baht fee everytime I withdraw from a BKK Bank ATM which is a bit annoying ! I also want to keep my spending account separate from my investing account.

Yes, you can. I know several banks allow farang to opent accounts with very few stipulations.

Kasikorn was a doddle for me.

I went armed with my tourist visa/passport and my only worry at the time, i was staying in a guest house.

not problem, they only want an address just to fill on the form

The visa they did not want to see, it was irrevelant.

Passport they just need the photo/signature page

Got a passbook straightway and a ATM debit card. They asked me how much i wanted to deposit to open the account..500bt was sufficient.

You can then send funds from your own bank direct to the thai bank, and never get charged for using the ATM. And if the ATM is broken, or out of cash, just go inside and withdraw (with passport and passbook)

Thanks eyecatcher,good to know.

Occam ....I have a triple entry so i was assuming it is :-

60+30 immi extension + then visa run

Give or take 9 months ?

The 6 month tourist can be extended in theory and in practice but it depends on the dates stamped and when your visa was issued.

There are others on here who can give a detailed run down on where to be on which day to really squeeze the maximum days from a visa.

for me, a multi entry visa, gives me a relaxed 6 months then i go and get another one from the UK

Life cant be great here if you spend it every few weeks in a minibus all day