Irish Long Stay Visa

"you were also able to prove you would be unable to return to live in Ireland"

Um correct me if I am wrong but surely the advice your giving to others and the suggestions that two year relationship is not needed nor is the girl needed to have a job is a bit misleading if your own case was based on that unable to return proviso???

Care to elaborate please.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um correct me if I am wrong but surely the advice your giving to others and the suggestions that two year relationship is not needed nor is the girl needed to have a job is a bit misleading if your own case was based on that unable to return proviso???

It wasnt meant to be misleading, those are the simple facts, we have been together less than two years and she doesn't have a job.

To elaborate : it struck me that it might be as important for me to prove that I was also only going back for a holiday therefore giving strength to her statement on her application that she would be accompanying me when I enter and when I leave.

I have been in continous employment for 20 years with the same company and could provide documentation to prove I need to reside in Asia because of my job, I believe ( maybe incorrectly but its my theory) that this may have swung the decision in our favour, if this is the case then it proves there is some flexibility in the system.

It wasnt meant to be misleading, those are the simple facts, we have been together less than two years and she doesn't have a job.

To elaborate : it struck me that it might be as important for me to prove that I was also only going back for a holiday therefore giving strength to her statement on her application that she would be accompanying me when I enter and when I leave.

I have been in continous employment for 20 years with the same company and could provide documentation to prove I need to reside in Asia because of my job, I believe ( maybe incorrectly but its my theory) that this may have swung the decision in our favour, if this is the case then it proves there is some flexibility in the system.

I think it just proves that your situation is the exception to the rule. Of course they will apply some flexibility when you are required to stay in Thailand. Making your statements that we don't need the two year thing or that she needs everything previously stated by many guys trying to get visas simply not correct. Your opening sentence of your post stated that you proved that the "requirements" we're wrong but you did not compare a like for like scenario.

Don't get me wrong I am happy for you mate but your scenario is not the norm for an Irishman LIVING in Ireland trying to get his girl a visa.

Edited by irlguy1

Diggerdo If you read my post again I said 1 to 2 years in a relationship for a tourist visa. not just met you girl friend on the internet, but proved you had face to face meetings. The fact you were in a 14 month relationship helped. the fact you were comming to Ireland with our girlfriend and were both returning to Thailand again, this proved her reason to return to Thailand. ( most important)

I agree with Iriguy1 you case is an exception to the rule.

I am here in Ireland, Girlfriend has applied for her tourist visa and I am hoping when she is here we can apply for a long stay visa, for her to stay in Ireland for up to a year. You want to take your girlfriend back to Thailand, where I want my girlfriend to stay with me in Ireland.

By the way Diggerdo what visa did she apply for, was it a tourist visa, or a long stay visa? long stay visa requires a 2 year relationship thats what it says on the Irish immigration web site. Did she stay longer than 90 days? I am talking about a long stay visa, different rules apply. Best of Irish luck to all in the future Pat wai.gif

Edited by newbepat

Diggerdo If you read my post again I said 1 to 2 years in a relationship for a tourist visa. not just met you girl friend on the internet, but proved you had face to face meetings. The fact you were in a 14 month relationship helped. the fact you were comming to Ireland with our girlfriend and were both returning to Thailand again, this proved her reason to return to Thailand. ( most important)

I agree with Iriguy1 you case is an exception to the rule.

I am here in Ireland, Girlfriend has applied for her tourist visa and I am hoping when she is here we can apply for a long stay visa, for her to stay in Ireland for up to a year. You want to take your girlfriend back to Thailand, where I want my girlfriend to stay with me in Ireland.

By the way Diggerdo what visa did she apply for, was it a tourist visa, or a long stay visa? long stay visa requires a 2 year relationship thats what it says on the Irish immigration web site. Did she stay longer than 90 days? I am talking about a long stay visa, different rules apply. Best of Irish luck to all in the future Pat wai.gif

Hi Pat....although I am the exception to the rule I have posted on here because there may be others on here similar to myself, and the facts remain regarding what info my GF had to supply to successfully apply for a short term single entry holiday visa and get that visa issued on the first attempt. ( see post # 5 regarding initial application )

They did tell me at the Consulate in BKK that there wasn’t a hope in hell of getting any other type of Visa, I had hoped to apply for a multiple entry so as we could visit friends in the UK but they advised me I would only be wasting my time.

I'm sorry if you and others on here are not in the same boat as myself but it appears to me that the embassy does appear to take each case on its own merit and the rules regarding the applicant are flexible depending on the circumstances.

If sections of my posts are not relevant to yours and other peoples applications feel free to disregard those posts.

I wish you all the best of luck in the future too and really hope your applications work out for you

Sorry Diggerdo. this thread is about long stay visa. My question was about a long stay visa to Ireland. GF has already been successful in obtaining a short stay visa and this has already been covered quiet extensively on TV.

Quote : I had hoped to apply for a multiple entry so as we could visit friends in the UK but they advised me I would only be wasting my time.

What's that about as far as I know a multiple entry visa is for, if you need to come in and out of Ireland many times nothing to with the UK.

It might be better to get your facts correct before you post.if you want to give advice about a short stay visa maybe you should try another thread

But in the meantime anyone with experience of applying and receiving a long stay visa to Ireland and are in a De facto relationship (not married) please let us know.Pat wai.gif

Edited by newbepat

Sorry Diggerdo. this thread is about long stay visa. My question was about a long stay visa to Ireland. GF has already been successful in obtaining a short stay visa and this has already been covered quiet extensively on TV.

Quote : I had hoped to apply for a multiple entry so as we could visit friends in the UK but they advised me I would only be wasting my time.

What's that about as far as I know a multiple entry visa is for, if you need to come in and out of Ireland many times nothing to with the UK.

It might be better to get your facts correct before you post.if you want to give advice about a short stay visa maybe you should try another thread

But in the meantime anyone with experience of applying and receiving a long stay visa to Ireland and are in a De facto relationship (not married) please let us know.Pat wai.gif

+1

Didderdoo your like a dog with a frickin bone you have already been informed quite clearly that your post is not relevant on this thread. Your comments are misleading to many so I suggest you open your own thread with your own situation as it is of no help what so ever to Irish men looking for a long stay visa to Ireland for there girl as the title and content suggest.

• 1 month later...

Just to up date any Irish guys that are interested. G/F arrived in Ireland yesterday

she received a tourist visa and permission to stay for 90 days at Dublin Airport.

It took about 5 weeks to process.

Our next task it to try for long stay visa ( De Facto Visa) which will allow her to stay

in Ireland for 1 year. Anybody who has been through this process could you please

share you experience with us, we will do likewise. wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just to up date any Irish guys that are interested. G/F arrived in Ireland yesterday

she received a tourist visa and permission to stay for 90 days at Dublin Airport.

It took about 5 weeks to process.

Our next task it to try for long stay visa ( De Facto Visa) which will allow her to stay

in Ireland for 1 year. Anybody who has been through this process could you please

share you experience with us, we will do likewise. wai.gif

Hi Pat great to hear your gf is here, Our 2nd holiday visa only took us 2 weeks to process back in January. Had you not already got your gf a visa (hence this is your 2nd holiday visa??)

I'm about to start work on a long term visa too and had been previously been advised here by a few lads (who did the same as you) and gnib to do the same. last time she was here we were going to apply but we only had 4 weeks left on the visa and the girl in the gnib said it would take longer than that to process. She also mentioned as you stated earlier that she could remain in the state as long as her application is being process, however if the application was rejected she has now overstayed a short stay visa and that would go against her in the future. she did say tho once we could provide evidence we were in a relationship over 2 years and as she was here 2 times already then we had a very high change of being granted permission to remain in the state.

so make sure you apply sooner rather than later if you havent done so already

Let me know how you are getting on as we about to embark on the same journey.

Bring ur gf to a thai community party, we were lucky as my gf had a friend who moved here recently and we got to meet all of her thai friends she met here. Lovely people and helped my gf alot especially food!!!

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by robio7

• 4 months later...

Well guys much to our disappointment and annoyance now 4 months since our marriage and 18 months since our relationship started she has been refused her visa. Seriously 8 trips to Thailand I have stayed with her family I have about 5000 pieces of info, Mails,photos,texts,letter and everything you could need to prove a relationship but reason for refusal...RH not enough evidence to show valid relationship before marriage. Gimme a break. So to the poster I disagreed with about how hard it is to get a visa well I was right much as it pains me to say. I wish you were wrong. So take heed all you irish men the system sucks balls.

Edited by irlguy1

Well guys much to our disappointment and annoyance now 4 months since our marriage and 18 months since our relationship started she has been refused her visa. Seriously 8 trips to Thailand I have stayed with her family I have about 5000 pieces of info, Mails,photos,texts,letter and everything you could need to prove a relationship but reason for refusal...RH not enough evidence to show valid relationship before marriage. Gimme a break. So to the poster I disagreed with about how hard it is to get a visa well I was right much as it pains me to say. I wish you were wrong. So take heed all you irish men the system sucks balls.

hey mate sorry to hear that......are u going to appeal?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for the delay but well done irguy1

My girl friend is in Ireland right now on a 90 day tourist visa

We are applying for a De-Facto Visa,we are putting the documents together

Any useful comments would be more than welcome

Pat wai.gif

Edited by newbepat

Sorry for the delay but well done irguy1

My girl friend is in Ireland right now on a 90 day tourist visa

We are applying for a De-Facto Visa,we are putting the documents together

Any useful comments would be more than welcome

Pat Posted Image

Congrats on getting her this far. Any questions u have feel free to ask and if I can help I will.