13 Bath For 1 Lime: Shame On Best Supermarkets!

nikkoid66

Today I forget to buy lime at the market (around 5 bath each and that's very expensive read here: http://www.pattayamail.com/travel/high-lime-prices-give-shoppers-sour-aftertaste-10615 )

So I go to Best supermarkets corner Naklua/Pattaya Nua.

I take a bag of 10 and at the cashier the lady ask me to pay 130 baths!!!

I asked her to repeat 3 time I was consterned.

If you need to buy anything, avoid Best. If the customer do not say anything, they will continue to screw people like they do now.

If the Best supermarket boss read this: shame on you. I want my money back. I will not buy anything there anymore.

5b for 1 lime are these the massive ones? The little ones that are commonly used to put on the side of rice at restaurants and toss into som tom cost about 13b for a back for 6 or so at the local Foodland, that or ive seriously gone blind when paying. But i think i would notice if that small bag rang up for anything over 50b.

That particular Best supermarket is well known for the cheapest wine in Patts..It is NOT renowned for its supply of fresh fruit and vegetables...In the future make a list of what to buy where and don't moan if you go to the wrong place for the wrong things...

• Like 1

According to Yingluck, you have imagined the whole episode of 5baht limes at the market. As for 13baht limes at Best, I guess she'd say you have had a major psychosis. Price rises are only a figment of our imagination. Just learn to ignore the voices.biggrin.png

According to Yingluck, you have imagined the whole episode of 5baht limes at the market. As for 13baht limes at Best, I guess she'd say you have had a major psychosis. Price rises are only a figment of our imagination. Just learn to ignore the voices.biggrin.png

Can't wait for the 300 Baht a day minimum wage to be implementaed on the farms.....THEN watch prices of limes and everything else go through the roof..

This happens every year as there are a few months when they are in very short supply and those you can get are of poor quality. Supply and demand. In a few months they will be cheap again.

here in Suphanburi down the market 4 baht but the price fluctuates wildly...when the price gets above 8 baht then the wife just sez to fergiddit...

must be some kind of manao mafia goin' on...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

Still seem pretty cheap on Samui. Don't know the exact cost because I bought a few bits on my way back from a nice bowl of jok

4 limes

3 tomatos of a medium size I guess.

1 good size cucumber 6 inches long I suppose

1 onion

1 piece of steamed bamboo which is awsome in salad.

24 Baht

Still seem pretty cheap on Samui. Don't know the exact cost because I bought a few bits on my way back from a nice bowl of jok

4 limes

1 onion

24 Baht

sound a bit like a thai gazpatcho, without the bamboo...

4 limes

1 onion

24 Baht

sound a bit like a thai gazpatcho, without the bamboo...

Very true though in this case it was just for a simple salad to go along with some steamed red snapper. Yummo

Limes or Kaffir Limes? same family, not much difference taste wise, they grow in the hedgerows here and are free, if they are in someones garden, mrs asks if she can have some, always free, market price here, 20bht a kilo, i always have a squeezed lime in water and ice as a liver detox everyday, recent blood tests shows it works,