Toxic Gas Traps Six Trespassers At Abandoned Mine In China

News_Editor

Toxic gas traps six trespassers at abandoned mine in China < br /> 2012-05-11 07:10:30 GMT+7 (ICT) DUSHAN COUNTY, GUIZHOU, CHINA (BNO NEWS) -- Rescue workers in southwestern China are searching for six villagers who entered an abandoned mine and became trapped after being poisoned by toxic gas, state-run media reported on Thursday.The incident happened on early Thursday morning at an abandoned antimony ore mine in Dushan county in the Bouyei-Miao autonomous prefecture of Qiannan, which is located in Guizhou province, according to the state-run Xinhua news agency.Prefecture deputy chief Yang Yongying Xinhua that three local villagers had entered the mine to carry out illegal mining activity, but they are believed to have inhaled toxic gas before passing out. A fourth villager who was on the lookout then went to the village to seek help.The fourth villager was able to find two people to join him in an effort to rescue the trapped villagers. However, all three are believed to have also been poisoned by inhaling the toxic gas. As a result, six people are now confirmed trapped inside the mine.Rescue and investigative operations were ordered by local authorities, but no further information was immediately available. tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-05-11