Latest Air Asia Free Seat Promotion

theoldgit

The latest free seat promotion goes on sale next week, Monday 14th for domestic flights an Wednesday 16th for international departures.

The flight period is for early next year, seats go on sale at 00.00 (GMT + 8), though I never know what that actually means.

I suppose this means that next week there will be some happy bunnies passing on details if their bargain flights along with the normal assortment of those that criticise all things Air Asia.

Thanks for that.

By the way, there is a new budget airline BKK-SIngapore. It's called SCOOT. My friend had a long weekend to Singapore and he paid 3000baht return, incl. all taxes! He had to book 2 months in advance though.

Good to have alternatives, especially if it will drive prices down! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that.

By the way, there is a new budget airline BKK-SIngapore. It's called SCOOT. My friend had a long weekend to Singapore and he paid 3000baht return, incl. all taxes! He had to book 2 months in advance though.

Good to have alternatives, especially if it will drive prices down! thumbsup.gif

Booked with Scoot already, going to Singapore in July.

Cheers theoldgit. I have never worked out the GMT+8 thing either!!! From my understanding it starts at 08:00 Malaysia time. Can anyone confirm? With these deals it's best to get on it early so would like to know when the sale starts (Thai time)

I've picked up some great deals with AirAsia and never had a complaint flown 100+ times.

thumbsup.gif So, 00:00 GMT+8 = 07:00 Thai time? Sorry but I've had a hard day blink.png

0800 Malaysian time, 0700 Thai time. In this case the AA deal refers to Malaysian time.

When it is 0000hrs(midnight) GMT(London), or whatever the quoted time might be, just add/subtract the number of hours to the respective country which is ahead/behind GMT.

At present London is one hour ahead of GMT as it is summer time/daylight saving.

Great coffee1.gif ................nothing like buying a ticket (you still pay all the fees what ever aa say) 1 year in advance to save a couple of thousand baht, oh its also fantastic when flying from BKK as you will have NO IDEA which airport you will be dept from or arriving at

But a bargain is a bargain.

I will stick with Thai all inclusive e-fares thanks then I know what i am paying for and ALSO know 100% i'll be using Swampy

(edit for: Taxins remote controlled mouth piece has confirmed ALL LOW COST CARRIERS will be required to move over to DM later THIS year)

Edited by terryp

Malaysia is in the time zone GMT + 8. Thailand is in the GMT+7.

If it says 00:00 (GMT + 8), that means 00:00 in that time zone (in Malaysia in this case), NOT 8 o'clock in Malaysia. And Thailand is one hour behind so it will be 11 pm here.

Hope this helps :-)

If it says 00:00 (GMT + 8), that means 00:00 in that time zone (in Malaysia in this case), NOT 8 o'clock in Malaysia. And Thailand is one hour behind so it will be 11 pm here.

so it will start 11pm tonight the 13th?

so it will start 11pm tonight the 13th?

That seems to be the case for domestic flights which, I suppose, means that international flights will go on sale on Tuesday at 23.00.