Large Inflateable Pool, How To Keep It Clean, Tips For A Newbie

Nakonamath

Hi, we bought a quite big inflateable bassin/pool, this is our step before building a real pool, to see if we will use it, how much work do we need to keep it nice, and so.

However, we are new at this, and only think about the nice thing, to swin it it, and play ect. not the cleaning part :-)

where can we buy the things we need to add to the water, ( online ) from which size ( liter ) would it be recommended to use filter,

Water test ? we have 2 kids under 2 years

Anyone,

i havent seen any pool shops in out area, ( bangsaen )

Jack

the pool is similar to this

http://blueicepool.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/inflatable-pool-2-300x225.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Owning a swimming pool is one thing but maintaining it is a totally different ball game.You must test your chemical levels regularly, flush your filter, clean out the skimmer basket and vacuum.Vacuuming the pool removes leaves and other debris and helps to keep the water clear.Under normal circumstances,one thorough vacuum per week is usually all you need.

Owning a swimming pool is one thing but maintaining it is a totally different ball game.You must test your chemical levels regularly, flush your filter, clean out the skimmer basket and vacuum.Vacuuming the pool removes leaves and other debris and helps to keep the water clear.Under normal circumstances,one thorough vacuum per week is usually all you need.

above ground pools

i also started with a above ground pool, its a no go. filters are bad quality and useless after a few days (cartrige)

i changed for a real inground pool and problem solved.

the biggest problem for you is the water temp.is to high.

after a few days the water turns green (algae)

my advice as its yust a splash pool take the water out after using it and clean the pvc with a brush or scotch bright. and put new water in when you are going to use it again.

working with chemicals pump and filters would cost you a lot more than 2 m3 water every time.

I bought one similar to the OP from BigC this year and in the holidays the kids are always in it.

I usually empty it every 3 or 4 days scrub it out with a stiff brush and refill it.

The biggest problem I have is that unless it is on something bits of grit etx get under it and cause smaal leaks.

BigC also sell the repair kits.

Buy a cheap submersible pump, 0.25 kW'sh, a bit of vacuum hose and one of my huge 1 micron bag filters (1000baht), gets rid of everything. Mr Billd is right, mount it on a thick bed of sand, unless the soil is totally stone free.

Mine is on the tiled patio and I think the grit etc comes in off the kids feet. Next time I put it out I will lay it on one of the liners you put over stuff in a pick up plus also put out a bowl so they wash their feet first.

Patio tiles are fine and keep the surrounding area clean, is it possible to put it in a shaded area, a car port perhaps, your kids will able to use the pool during the day without risk of skin damage.

In Global they sell these small coloured rubber mats, like doormats, my pool surround is stone, which has good grip when wet, but the rest of the tiles are very slippery when wet. So I bought a dozen of these to walk on in safety, they act as a doormat too and clean the feet.

They are not expensive, about 90 baht each for the 40cm x 60cm size, standard tiles are a death-trap when wet.

the inflateable webought, i had under a half roof the sun could exactly not reach it, which in fact made it a little cold to my taste. however, we added little Clorine, worked quite OK for around 2 months.

Next one i buy will the Easyp up pool,

We live in a Townhouse, so we only have the space where other part thee cars, so put in the ground would be complicated :-)

What is the effet of algae, if we cover the pool and have it half into the sun ? will the sun still give nutriates to the algea throug the blue cover ?

Covering the pool, even partially will cool the water and slow down the growth of algae, by improving the effectiveness of the chlorine use a 1 micron bag to clean the water and you can remove the algae spores too, which is sometimes in the tap water.. This helps stop it coming back too, since algae spores multiply as well as grow.

The submersible pump and bag filter is a cheap and effective water cleaning system, unsurpassed by anything else available, below about 50,000 baht, it is as portable as the pool too.

Sounds too good to be true, but it is simple maths, bacteria and algae spores cannot pass through a 1 micron filter, they are too big..