And We'Re Going To...

I thought I'd open up this thread so that we could all share the triumphs and congratulate our teams' achievements, whatever the sport...

I'll lead off with

Congratulations to the Philippines, on their promotion to the top flight of Asian rugby next season - keeping them in the hunt for a place at the rugby world cup in England in 2015

SC

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to Thailand on winning the Asian Division II rugby at eKelana Jaya Stadium, defeating a powerful Malaysian side 22 - 19.

They play off against India later in the year for promotion to Division I, and a chance at promotion to the Asian Five Nations elite in 2014 and possible world cup qualification

SC

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a day when the eyes of the sporting world were glued to the 24 hour Le Mans race, sports fans around the world cried out with one accord

But what about the MacTavish Cup?

Let us offer our hearty congratulations to Newtonmore as they draw their season to a close with triumph in the MacTavish Cup

post-60794-0-64741900-1339924052.jpg

Last year's winners - Kingussie

And perhaps we could afford a grudging "well done" to the Scottish rugby team, the only tourists to win in the Southern Hemisphere this month, despite some cracking performances by the Irish, the Welsh, the English and the French as they drove their hosts close

SC

Even a third win against Samoa for a clean sweep in the test series won't be enough to haul us into the Top 8 and favourable seeding for the 2015 world cup...

• 4 weeks later...

Bukit Jalil!

I just bought two tickets for Malaysia - Man City on 30 July at Bukit Jalil National Stadium

The other choices were Arsenal or QPR, so it was an easy choice...

Malaysia - Liverpool was a great day out last year...

SC

• Like 1

Wembelee! Wembelleee! We're going to Wembelee!

Challenge Cup Semi-Finals - I don't know the venues off the top of my head..

Leeds v Wigan on 14 July Saturday 11.30 Thai Time Astro 814 Eurosport, Galpharm Stadium, Huddersfield

Huddersfield v Warrington on 15 July Sunday 11.30 Thai Time Astro 814 Eurosport, Salford City Stadium, Barton-upon-Irwell

Challenge Cup Final 25 August Astro Channel 814 Eurosport (not confirmed), Wembelee! Wembelee!

SC

• 1 year later...

And whilst we're here, I might take a virtual digression to Muirfield, and catch up with my dear old mother, while I'm about it.

And now, if you don't mind, I'll wax a little nostalgic with some reminiscing...

So I was sat outside in my shorts in a pub in the North East New Territories, watching The Open from Muirfield, and the weather was not the balmy sunshine - balmy, it's positively quite warm! Anyway, it wasn't in 2002 (if my memory serves me well) it was blowing a gale and the rain was coming in sideways. Poor old Tiger Woods' parka blew inside out, and - the sound was turned off, but you could read his lips - he said to the caddy "FirfucksakeMan! Whyd'yenoplaygolf inthe Summer?"

SC

And I can confirm that Thailand overcame India to win promotion to Asian Division 1 and keep alive their hopes of qualifying for the World Cup in England.

Original article here.

SC

And it's that time of year again - we're going to Wembellee! Wembellee! - subject to a semi-final against Hull FC in a fortnight...

And maybe Old Trafford again this year!

So where do you go to, my lovely

Congratulations to SC who came within a whisker of this thread be archived ... whistling.gif