Thaivisa Calendar 2006 - Download now!

george

Thaivisa Calendar 2006 (thanks to member tywais!)

The Thaivisa Calendar 2006 is now ready for download in .pdf format. It has all the public holidays for 2006 as well. Print it out!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Many thanks George. Very useful.

Wish you the same and thank you for all the News in 2005. Keep it coming.

Cheers.........kandt :o

if a hoilday falls on a saturday or sunday is the monday or tuesday a hoiday as well i find this confusing that some calenders dont show the extra hoiday for songakran on the 17th april because the 15th is a saturday which is not a weekday

Great, only one problem

The holiday on 3rd of Jan was cancelled and replaced with 19th April

"The Bank of Thailand have recently announced that the public holiday that was originally planned for 3 January has now been replaced by a holiday on 19 April for the Senate Election Day."

Can the calender be updated to reflect this?

Cheers :-)

Great, only one problem

"The Bank of Thailand have recently announced that the public holiday that was originally planned for 3 January has now been replaced by a holiday on 19 April for the Senate Election Day."

Sorry, but that information is wrong. Jan 2 & 3rd were official goverment holidays announced by the Thai government. Only thing I can think of is there is one banking holiday each year (fiscal settlements) and is usually in June or July. At any case the calendar is correct for the 3rd.

As for Songkran, the offical days off due to one day (15) being on a weekend will not be announced by the government until closer to that day. May be the previous Wed (12) or the following Mon (17). The gov decides based on various balancing variables.

Just looked at the bot site. Those holidays only apply to commercial banks and finance companies. April 19 is marked as "special holiday" is probably the fiscal year bank holiday. Jan 3 apparantly wasn't a bank holiday but it was a government holiday (our university was closed those days 2,3)

Edited by tywais

Great, only one problem

Sorry, but that information is wrong. Jan 2 & 3rd were official goverment holidays announced by the Thai government. Only thing I can think of is there is one banking holiday each year (fiscal settlements) and is usually in June or July. At any case the calendar is correct for the 3rd.

As for Songkran, the offical days off due to one day (15) being on a weekend will not be announced by the government until closer to that day. May be the previous Wed (12) or the following Mon (17). The gov decides based on various balancing variables.

Just looked at the bot site. Those holidays only apply to commercial banks and finance companies. April 19 is marked as "special holiday" is probably the fiscal year bank holiday. Jan 3 apparantly wasn't a bank holiday but it was a government holiday (our university was closed those days 2,3)

So in fact what your really saying is that I'm not entirely wrong :o My company cancelled the 3rd Jan holiday and replaced it with the 19th April. I also know people at other companies that are not banks or finance companies that also did the same.

Quite confusing and I know this annoyed alot of people as they had already planned there Christmas/New year break and return to find they had taken an extra days holiday instead!!!!!

So in fact what your really saying is that I'm not entirely wrong :o My company cancelled the 3rd Jan holiday and replaced it with the 19th April. I also know people at other companies that are not banks or finance companies that also did the same.

Quite confusing and I know this annoyed alot of people as they had already planned there Christmas/New year break and return to find they had taken an extra days holiday instead!!!!!

Probably private companies can allocate their holidays as necessary for their convenience. For example, big companies like Big C, Tesco, etc never shut down. The calendar I produced are official government holidays such as post offices, universities, schools, etc. Is interesting though to see that business can adjust as they see fit.

may i add my thanks for the calender.However i think it could have been inproved on had you added the muslim holidays this would be a great help for people going to penang on visa runs.maybe listing these.dates on another thread,we could add them with a view to pre-planning.thanks again albert

You do realize that Penang is predominately Chinese which would mean adding the Chinese holidays as well. Malasians about 33%, and there are the Indians (11%) so the calendar could get pretty busy quick. :o

The idea of a Thaivisa calendar only came to me on New Years eve so had to rush to get it done and uploaded.

Edited by tywais

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...