Seeking Information: Bamboo Bar, Soi 3 And Sukhumvit

ivan96822

Went to this spot last year and had a great time....Have you gone there recently? What is your opinion?

Also, does anyone know if the band that covers all the classic 1980s and 1990s pop and rock still plays there?

Are 100% of the women there ladies of the night?

Please let me know...Thanks.

Went there maybe 12 months ago.

Was every girl a lady of the night? ... who knows, didn't speak to every girl ... but the two ladies who occupied the spare seats at my table were free lancing.

The band was good but the song selection will depend on the band playing on the night.

What I did like was sometime between 11pm and Midnight out came the free food.

Pop over to the table and load your plate up.

Normally I wouldn't go down Soi 3 except to go to the Hospital but was in another Bar and I always ask a local about where they go ... and they suggested the Bamboo Bar.

May we know why you are asking?

No cover charge so logicial to just go and see for yourself.

The restaurant next door (south of Bamboo) has some of the best Lebanese and Greek food and at very reasonable prices that you will find in Bangkok.

If you're talking about the restaurant that's attached to the Bamboo Bar, then I absolutely agree!

Was every girl a lady of the night? ... who knows, didn't speak to every girl ... but the two ladies who occupied the spare seats at my table were free lancing.

The band was good but the song selection will depend on the band playing on the night.

Normally I wouldn't go down Soi 3 except to go to the Hospital but was in another Bar and I always ask a local about where they go ... and they suggested the Bamboo Bar.

Sure, you may know why I am asking....Because I went there twice last year, had a blast, and was hoping that the place is being run the same way it was back then. I can only hope to meet a non-working girl, though....I know that this is not the most popular view, but I would prefer being with a woman for free rather than having to pay for intimate services....So the question remains: Are there non-working girls there?

Thanks in advance.

And on another note...what time do they typically close?

I wont get to BKK till 2 am but am quite intent on hitting Bamboo Bar after a 22 hour day of travel. In all seriousness, your opinion? And again: are the ladies mostly working girls?

Thanks for reading. Please respond.

Sure, you may know why I am asking....Because I went there twice last year, had a blast, and was hoping that the place is being run the same way it was back then. I can only hope to meet a non-working girl, though....I know that this is not the most popular view, but I would prefer being with a woman for free rather than having to pay for intimate services....So the question remains: Are there non-working girls there?

Thanks in advance.

One way or another you always pay...

• Like 1

Thanks in advance.

very true ! .

and if you are looking for a ' normal ' girl, soi 3 probably isnt the best place !. try Soi 11, RCA and Thong Lor .. plenty of normal girls there, and a few rich ones !

Thanks in advance.

very true ! .

and if you are looking for a ' normal ' girl, soi 3 probably isnt the best place !. try Soi 11, RCA and Thong Lor .. plenty of normal girls there, and a few rich ones !

Who will still expect you to pay in one form or another...

Soi 3 isn't the best place to start looking ,generally anywhere near that area isn't goin to be too flash on that front

You may be lucky as i did know a beer girl in their who was decent ,can't say for certain but she wasn't working ,but may have been a bf scammer

The thing about these places they are what they are,try to believe they are something else is a mistake ,I offered the same advise to a friend who frequents bkk in his time off from work. ,he likes to stay in Nana but I took him out in thonglor ,met a super hot chick one night out side HOBS he really hit it off with her ,then she asked where he stayed ,their conversation kinda lulled after he admitted his lodging was above a skank hovel

The point is as bad as it is for me to assume every girl on soi 3 to 31 is a worker ,every dude in the eyes of good girls who frequents these places is a whoremonger .....why else would they be there

Try a different approach ,stay in the prompong area soi 39ish ,try the bars of Thonglor,ekkamai and onwards ,meet good chicks and then when you got a itch bounce on up to cowboy or nana to get your fill

Your post sounds like your relative newbie to Bangkok ,don't worry I started on khaosan rd more than 10 hrs ago ,tought it was the greatest place in the world ,then found nana and then cowboy .....the dream was complete ..........then I moved to Thailand and I woke up ,duped by skanks and frausters everyday but went back coz it was great

good girls are hard to find ,they don't want your cash they have their own ,if your lucky they will make you look poor

Either way baboo bar place does a mean curry enjoy it and have a blast

Another newbie tourist who believes that every girl in Thailand is "easy" and only some of them demand money before hopping into bed on the first "date"!

Grow up son - as a tourist you have virtually no chance of meeting a "non-working" girl and getting her into bed (for free) before you have to fly back to your humdrum workaday life in the West.

Oh, and while you are here, have some respect for the local people, treating everyone as if they are playthings for your personal amusement will almost certainly cause you major problems!

Patrick

• Like 1

I agree with the OP that the Bamboo Bar is a fun place for a good time as part of a night out.

Most (all?) girls there are freelancers, which doesn't make them bad people (baht people they are). Buy a few drinks, have some fun and if things go any further than that, be aware that there are no freebies there, but a good time can be had by all.

• Like 1

I have been there but not for a long time. I remember about 10+ years back going there and meeting some non-working girls although they didn't exactly go out much so perhaps they were in the wrong place. There were definitely working girls there but not overkill. I returned some 3 years later so about 7 or 8 years back and it seemed to be a lot more hardcore and full on so I wouldn't recommend it in terms of meeting non-working girls

Another newbie tourist who believes that every girl in Thailand is "easy" and only some of them demand money before hopping into bed on the first "date"!

Grow up son - as a tourist you have virtually no chance of meeting a "non-working" girl and getting her into bed (for free) before you have to fly back to your humdrum workaday life in the West.

Oh, and while you are here, have some respect for the local people, treating everyone as if they are playthings for your personal amusement will almost certainly cause you major problems!

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick, for the encouraging information. I have been to Bangkok before and had a swell time on my own. I will spare the details because I prefer to be terse. You sound like an angry farang who has grown to despise his own kind because they may have more fun in life than you actually do.

As for treating others like playthings, quit acting like you are Mr. High-and-Mighty only because--whoop-de-doo--you happen to live in Bangkok. You're nothing special. You're a dime a dozen. I know I am, too, but at least I don't come across as some bitter old person admonishing someone who is just trying to have a good time in "your" city. Give me a break. Get a life.

I'm much younger than Patrick. I agree with him.

There we go....a younger person admonishing you.....

And yeah, please open that beer bar.

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick, for the encouraging information. I have been to Bangkok before and had a swell time on my own. I will spare the details because I prefer to be terse. You sound like an angry farang who has grown to despise his own kind because they may have more fun in life than you actually do.

As for treating others like playthings, quit acting like you are Mr. High-and-Mighty only because--whoop-de-doo--you happen to live in Bangkok. You're nothing special. You're a dime a dozen. I know I am, too, but at least I don't come across as some bitter old person admonishing someone who is just trying to have a good time in "your" city. Give me a break. Get a life.

I'm much younger than Patrick. I agree with him.

There we go....a younger person admonishing you.....

And yeah, please open that beer bar.

Not that I really care, but your post is unclear...You say that you're much younger than Patrick. No surprise. "I agree with him"? Me or Patty-boy?

Again, not that I care, but just looking for clarifying a few things. Enjoy the work week, gents.

Not every girl in BB is a hooker.....so be careful, but most seem to be there for that reason I would guess......its just the 5% or 10% that are not you need to be careful not to ask about it.....but then a lot of those know what is going on and if they have a brain, they would understand the mistake and politely decline.

As for food....next door is outstanding at 3am ish....the lamb chops are glorious...

Thanks in advance.

This is, for me, the most annoying cliche I hear from foreign guys in this country.

You guys are doing something dreadfully wrong

Not every girl in BB is a hooker.....so be careful, but most seem to be there for that reason I would guess......its just the 5% or 10% that are not you need to be careful not to ask about it.....but then a lot of those know what is going on and if they have a brain, they would understand the mistake and politely decline.

As for food....next door is outstanding at 3am ish....the lamb chops are glorious...

I wouldn't be able to put a % on motivation for girls to be there, but I certainly would not advice anyone to be rude and ask "how much". Nice girls mostly, whatever their reasons are to be there. Talk and see how things go

Thanks in advance.

Most thai ladies (99,9) that are easy available for foreigners are interested in money in one way or another. Just live with it.

Just the same as most foreign men who are interested in thai woman, are interested in a feminine beautiful women.