Red Shirts To Commemorate Bangkok's 2010 Crackdown

webfact

so have the reds started turning up yet in Bangkok, has anybody been past the area to see?

There's one! No sorry, it was just a tourist in a pink top and it's dark so I thought it was red, sorry

I was looking for intelligent feedback.

so have the reds started turning up yet in Bangkok, has anybody been past the area to see?

There's one! No sorry, it was just a tourist in a pink top and it's dark so I thought it was red, sorry

Sorry to disappoint you, just trying to bring some joy into your life, I promise if I see any, I'll let you know..........thumbsup.gif

Edited by phiphidon
  • Like 1

Sorry to disappoint you, just trying to bring some joy into your life, I promise if I see any, I'll let you know..........thumbsup.gif

Don, you bring joy into my life every day, much laughter in fact ;) On a serious note I am back in BKK early Sunday morn and need to go direct from Swampy to Don Meung for a flight and really dont want to miss it, I assume protests will not affect that route, do you (or anybody) know?

Don, you bring joy into my life every day, much laughter in fact wink.png On a serious note I am back in BKK early Sunday morn and need to go direct from Swampy to Don Meung for a flight and really dont want to miss it, I assume protests will not affect that route, do you (or anybody) know?

Get a motorsai (depending on luggage) just look for one without a red flag on..............

Well all the revisionists on this site who claimed that the army never shot anyone, got a big slap on their faces today when the DSI confirmed that at least 26 of the 92 deaths have been caused by the Army .

Shame on you for negating the obvious for so long .

And 16 by the UDD led forces, those 'peaceful protesters, not terrorists'.

Play it safe, avoid the truth, grant amnesty to all (deserving).

Well all the revisionists on this site who claimed that the army never shot anyone, got a big slap on their faces today when the DSI confirmed that at least 26 of the 92 deaths have been caused by the Army .

Indeed, the Yingluck's government way to resolve things is to say that no one is responsible for any thing.

Red-shirts start blocking traffic at Rajprasong

Jor Sor 100 Traffic Radio Station reported that red-shirt people started blocking traffic at the Rajprasong Intersection at 5 am Saturday.

They are holding a demonstration at the Intersection to commemorate those killed in the crackdowns against red-shirt protesters two years ago.

The radio station advised motorists to avoid the Ploenchit and Henri Dunant roads.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-19

Red-shirts start blocking traffic at Rajprasong

Jor Sor 100 Traffic Radio Station reported that red-shirt people started blocking traffic at the Rajprasong Intersection at 5 am Saturday.

They are holding a demonstration at the Intersection to commemorate those killed in the crackdowns against red-shirt protesters two years ago.

The radio station advised motorists to avoid the Ploenchit and Henri Dunant roads.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-19

Did they get a gov't permit to do that?

The DSI are saying the military were responsible for at least 25 of the deaths and the UDD for at least 12,

the evidence was not clear enough to place blame for the other 52 deaths.

So the UDD are responsible for almost half the deaths at present.

I hope they mention this at Ratchaprasong.

I don't understand your Maths. Based on the numbers supplied, the UDD would be less than 1/3, the military just over 2/3.

Do you really mean 16 by the UDD led forces, rubl? Wouldn't want the wrong figures taken as fact here, would we? I can kind of understand the confusion if you're going by this report by MCOT

DSI: Thai state officials connected to 22 deaths in 2010 protest

BANGKOK, May 19 – Thailand’s Department of Special Investigation (DSI) said on Friday it has concluded that 16 deaths during the 2010 political riots might have been caused by state officials, while 12 other deaths may be caused by red shirt protesters

DSI Chief Tharit Pengdit said there is solid evidence proving state officials were involved with the deaths of 16 out of 89 persons during the April-May 2010 protest of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), the red shirt movement.

The cases have been forwarded to the metropolitan police to conduct further investigation but police also asked more investigation files of six other deaths from the department, Mr Tharit said.

Altogether 22 deaths might have been due to state officials, the DSI chief said, adding several cases are already in court.

Mr Tharit however noted that among 89 deaths, 12 were believed to have been killed by the red shirts, while in another 55 cases the identity of the killers were not yet identified.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/556163-thai-state-officials-connected-to-22-deaths-in-2010-protest-dsi/

Which is confusing enough but then the other paper quotes the same Mr Tharit as saying that 25 deaths were due to the security forces. The only stable number so far has been the 12 attributable to the red shirts, but I am sure I saw a figure of 9 being used just last week.

Times they are a changing.

Oh for some quality english language reporting...........

Which is confusing enough but then the other paper quotes the same Mr Tharit as saying that 25 deaths were due to the security forces. The only stable number so far has been the 12 attributable to the red shirts, but I am sure I saw a figure of 9 being used just last week.

Glad you realize that your red buddies were indeed vicious mass murdering terrorists! Good to read that you (and especially you!) have the guts to admit these senseless killings, most likely orchestrated by a dark force from some desert state.

Do you really mean 16 by the UDD led forces, rubl? Wouldn't want the wrong figures taken as fact here, would we? I can kind of understand the confusion if you're going by this report by MCOT

DSI: Thai state officials connected to 22 deaths in 2010 protest

BANGKOK, May 19 – Thailand’s Department of Special Investigation (DSI) said on Friday it has concluded that 16 deaths during the 2010 political riots might have been caused by state officials, while 12 other deaths may be caused by red shirt protesters

DSI Chief Tharit Pengdit said there is solid evidence proving state officials were involved with the deaths of 16 out of 89 persons during the April-May 2010 protest of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), the red shirt movement.

The cases have been forwarded to the metropolitan police to conduct further investigation but police also asked more investigation files of six other deaths from the department, Mr Tharit said.

Altogether 22 deaths might have been due to state officials, the DSI chief said, adding several cases are already in court.

Mr Tharit however noted that among 89 deaths, 12 were believed to have been killed by the red shirts, while in another 55 cases the identity of the killers were not yet identified.

http://www.thaivisa....10-protest-dsi/

Times they are a changing.

Oh for some quality english language reporting...........

Considering the 'red shirts' & 'black shirts' were using military weapons, those deaths could very easily have been committed by the 'red shirts' & 'black shirts'.

Yes would be interesting to know what this "solid evidence" is. Surely they are not basing it solely on military weapon use / bullets embedded in bodies, given the use of military weapons by the red/black shirts.

Yes would be interesting to know what this "solid evidence" is. Surely they are not basing it solely on military weapon use / bullets embedded in bodies, given the use of military weapons by the red/black shirts.

Yes they will! And the only possible snipers could be military snipers send by Abhisit and Suthep.

Yes they will! And the only possible snipers could be military snipers send by Abhisit and Suthep.

Since the red and black shirts contained ex military among their members, I am sure they would have had snipers.

The DSI are saying the military were responsible for at least 25 of the deaths and the UDD for at least 12,

the evidence was not clear enough to place blame for the other 52 deaths.

So the UDD are responsible for almost half the deaths at present.

I hope they mention this at Ratchaprasong.

I don't understand your Maths. Based on the numbers supplied, the UDD would be less than 1/3, the military just over 2/3.

sorry, I should have said the DSI find the UDD to be responsible for almost half the number of deaths attributed to the army (12 compared to 25). Extraordinary when you consider they claim to have been unarmed

The collection of photo's by Richard Barrow is nice. I'm wondering if I should hop over to buy the "Lep It Be" shirt, or the one with PM Yingluck and BB magnificently dressed looking over her shoulder

http://www.facebook....35060922&type=1

"Lep It Be" shirt, seems to have lost something in the translation?

It's an anagram of "pet bile"

the "Lep It Be" shirt

540548_456982234315649_149529535060922_1856776_2088214602_n.jpg

the one with PM Yingluck and BB magnificently dressed looking over her shoulder

The big boss looking over her shoulder:

547682_456982017649004_149529535060922_1856773_1245984299_n.jpg

382448_456982170982322_149529535060922_1856775_685649153_n.jpg

Is mr T making a gang symbol on the bottom shirt?