Settings For Ais Netsim In A Dongle ?

I have been using a DTAC happy internet sim in an unlocked foreign 3G dongle/modem with a windows PC for internet access for a couple of years.

I thought I would give AIS a try to see if it was any faster (it can't be any slower).

I've just got me a prepaid AIS NET Sim for 69B which apparently comes loaded with 3 hours of internet. The girl in the shop activated it.

Anyone know the right settings to put into my dialler UI to make it work?

Popular ones seem to be :

Dial number: *99#

APN: internet

or

Dial number: *99#

APN: aisnodata

(all other settings left blank or set to 'detect automatically')

The first one does nothing at all ("a connection to the remote computer could not be established"). The second one thinks it's connected to the internet (i.e. the UI gives no error message and the 'connected time' clock ticks over), but it can't find any webpages via a browser or a ping of a url (Server no found).

I also tried 'obtain APN address automotically' to no avail.

The sim card/modem can see the phone network.

Any suggestions ?

For AIS/One-2-Call either *99# or *99***1# seems to work, the APN = internet. (I think the APN of aisnodata may be used to close the connection when there is no data being transmitted?)

Typically one would purchase a SIM, add money, choose and activate a data plan, insert the SIM in the aircard, insert the aircard in the PC, create a new connection profile and connect.

Can you determine the brand/model of your aircard?

Local service provider air-card APN settings;

Profile Name = AIS, APN = internet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

Profile Name = DTAC, APN = www.dtac.co.th, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

Profile Name = TRUE, APN = internet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = true, Password = true.

Profile Name = TRUE H, APN = hinternet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = true, Password = true.

Profile Name = TOT, APN = internet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

Profile Name = TOT Unlimited, APN = totnetsim, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

Profile Name = CAT, APN = catinternet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.