Dressing Your Sausage

Classic toad in the hole. Quality pork sausage (Cumberland or Lincolnshire) surrounded by light/crispy topped Yorkshire pudding and smothered in rich onion gravy...licklips.gif

Now you're talking! Or one of my top comfort foods 4 Cumberlands sticking out of a pile of mash that's hot enough so that the butter you put on top just melts into the mash. Plus bread and butter of course.

I dunno about anyone else but sossies without bread and butter just seems incomplete.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever heard of a stoner kebab ? A west coast of Scotland favourite , it is a foot long sausage made from lamb kebab meat , wrapped in a deep fried pizza .

Back home my Friday evening tea of choice was a nice fillet of cod, rock or plaice and a battered pizza with chips drowning in salt and sarsons. Plus 3 bread rolls.and a saveloy if i was really peckish.

yes...saveloys; a large battered, deep fried sausage available in most chip shops in England...being a yank, I never understood how they could eat those things without mustard...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Ever heard of a stoner kebab ? A west coast of Scotland favourite , it is a foot long sausage made from lamb kebab meat , wrapped in a deep fried pizza .

Back home my Friday evening tea of choice was a nice fillet of cod, rock or plaice and a battered pizza with chips drowning in salt and sarsons. Plus 3 bread rolls.and a saveloy if i was really peckish.

yes...saveloys; a large battered, deep fried sausage available in most chip shops in England...being a yank, I never understood how they could eat those things without mustard...

I never could understand how I could eat them as unencumbered by batter they resembled an erect dog's penis......

What you've got to remember regarding the mustard Tutsi mate is if the salt and vinegar ratio is at an optimum level any other form of condiment becomes superfluous.

Edited by mca

I never could understand how I could eat them as unencumbered by batter they resembled an erect dog's penis......

What you've got to remember regarding the mustard Tutsi mate is if the salt and vinegar ratio is at an optimum level any other form of condiment becomes superfluous.

If you are talking good old fashioned hotdogs , I prefer them unencucumbered .

Classic toad in the hole. Quality pork sausage (Cumberland or Lincolnshire) surrounded by light/crispy topped Yorkshire pudding and smothered in rich onion gravy...licklips.gif

thats got me taste buds going, one to go on the falang menu i think

i have to correct you there a savaloy is neither battered nor deep fried not in my next of the uk anyway but boiled or steamed

220px-Saveloy%2C_chips_and_curry.jpg

lovely with chip shop style curry sauce or chinese curry sauce same same

i have to correct you there a savaloy is neither battered nor deep fried not in my next of the uk anyway but boiled or steamed

yeah...that one looks nice...down the canteen where I useta work in Sinfin Lane in Derby they had the whole works with chips and curry sauce...served up by grumpy, but adorable, dinner ladies...

Back in Norwich you had the option. Battered or not. The same with the beef burgers. Really spoilt for choice we were! The only think I could never find were battered black puddings which I was privileged to try on a trip Oop North.

battered black puddings?...whoooah nellie!...that requires some serious consideration....never even seen those in Glasgow which is big black pudding country...

I went to Edinburgh on a stag weekend and they were certainly available there from the chippie. Served sausage shaped as opposed to the traditional round patties I was used to with my full English brekkie.

F3ck I could do with a couple of those bastards and some real chips right about now.

Which chi

Which chippy in Norwich was it. ?

battered black puddings?...whoooah nellie!...that requires some serious consideration....never even seen those in Glasgow which is big black pudding country...

The Philidelphia chipy ,an Italian family business , had the black pudding supper ( battered and deep fried) . It still serves and can be found on the western end of Kelvinbridge just above the elephant's graveyard a stone's throw from the Zambezi Rapids . If in Glasgow . They still call me son , " where ye been son , no seen ye in a while ? "

Well there are the directions anyway .

Which chi

Moneys Fish and Chips in Hellesdon. Are you a Norwich lad?

hey...I was in Wisbech which is just north of King's Lynn which is just north of Norwich and I never did see no battered black pudding...maybe it was a local delicacy that they hid from non-locals...local people in England can be very sneaky that way...sort of like in the 1972 US film 'Deliverance'...

local hoodlums would disrespectfully mimic my Derby east midlands accent: 'you alright, duck?...'...'I ain't yer 'duck', ye bastid...'...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Which chi

Moneys Fish and Chips in Hellesdon. Are you a Norwich lad?

No, but I spent 7 years there. I spent a few months in a flat just past the roundabout on Reepham Road. Frankly, the fish and chips in Norfolk (and later Suffolk) were mostly average at best. I was brought up in Skegness and there was an excellent choice there.

Yarmouth could be OK and I did use chippies on Dereham Road (Valori's ??) and in the City. They were quite good in Easton..

hey...I was in Wisbech which is just north of King's Lynn which is just north of Norwich and I never did see no battered black pudding...maybe it was a local delicacy that they hid from non-locals...local people in England can be very sneaky that way...sort of like in the 1972 US film 'Deliverance'...

local hoodlums would disrespectfully mimic my Derby east midlands accent: 'you alright, duck?...'...'I ain't yer 'duck', ye bastid...'...

You're not a sheep-shagger are you Tuts ?

You're not a sheep-shagger are you Tuts ?

do you mean that am I from Wales? nah, I'm from Pasadena near LA but I had a math teacher there once named Jones who I believed to be a brutal homosexual abuser with disturbing bestial inclinations...Pasadena is a rough place and he messed with the wrong people once and got his arse kicked up and down the street and had to retire...what about you, (ahem) where are you from?

Edited by tutsiwarrior

No, but I spent 7 years there. I spent a few months in a flat just past the roundabout on Reepham Road. Frankly, the fish and chips in Norfolk (and later Suffolk) were mostly average at best. I was brought up in Skegness and there was an excellent choice there.

Yarmouth could be OK and I did use chippies on Dereham Road (Valori's ??) and in the City. They were quite good in Easton..

Talk about small world! I lived about 3 miles from that roundabout and was good friend's with Valori's son.

What I used to like at Yarmouth was a stall on the market selling mushy peas by the polystyrene cup which you then doused in vinegar and mint sauce.

Wisbech? You gyppo! biggrin.png

Talk about small world! I lived about 3 miles from that roundabout and was good friend's with Valori's son.

What I used to like at Yarmouth was a stall on the market selling mushy peas by the polystyrene cup which you then doused in vinegar and mint sauce.

That there stall still be here,I like a pie with my peas though.

• Like 1

Good grief mca...that last pic is downright cruel! laugh.png

Isn't it? If there were a couple of slices of black pudding on top and a few mushrooms I might not be responsible for my actions.......

I like the way the egg yolk is trying to mesmerize you Paul McKenna style.

"Eat me.....eat me.... you have no willpower to resist you pathetic worm...."

Edited by mca

Wisbech? You gyppo! biggrin.png

now...I don't understand...in a previous thread they said that the apples in Wisbech were excellent but I never did see no apple orchards...and now I'm accused of being a tinker/gypsy and I never did see no gypsies when I was just there to work on a power station project...jezuz christ, the folks got ye comin' and goin'...there must be a 'Wisbech secret' that I am not aware of...

just like with the battered black pudding it is 'Deliverance' time...with sneaky locals and etc...

and then there was my electrical associate who was from France who when bundled in a heavy sweater and a duvet across his knees in front of the fire said: 'yes, things are very strange in Visbeachuh...' and then I went home to the caravan park and got under the covers and I thought about his observation about 'Visbeachuh' and it was frightening...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Tutsi mate. At first you claim you didn't see any gypsies in Wisbech and then by your own admission "went home to the caravan park".

The prosecution rests. How much do you charge to tarmac a drive? biggrin.png

• Like 1

Tutsi mate. At first you claim you didn't see any gypsies in Wisbech and then by your own admission "went home to the caravan park".

The prosecution rests. How much do you charge to tarmac a drive? biggrin.png

Yeah tutsi....what is the pikey sausage of choice?

I was just there to work on a power station project...j

Yeah yeah yeah. You're not fooling anybody mate. "Work on a power station project" indeed. More like work on the gearbox of a 1990 uninsured and untaxed Ford Transit......biggrin.png