Chiang Mai Party?

raro

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, you without the tags you can be a little more selective in who you introduce yourself to. There is some serious bad blood out there as you can see regularly, and no shortage of psycho-nutters.

I do agree and I have chatted to quite a few around CM who dislike this person or that person on TV and are quite angry it may all be hot air but who knows?

That would be interesting guys…A sort of Darby and jones version of ‘West Side Story’ going on, but with a lot less singing at each other.

I think I’ll come wearing a cricket box, lead pipe down me kecks and be prepared to swing me hand bag. What with psycho-TV posting nutter’s…..And the Chiangmai ‘quite angry posse’…………………..Now you may just be right, but if true I think it shows, a lack of control by individuals not to be able keep an open mind until meeting and chatting with their TV nemesis, you may find they are good folk and if not….Plan B, the dirty look!

Just a small note about the anonymity thing.

I've been to every TV party in CM since the first, and honestly I don't recall one harsh word or a confrontation between members, with everyone wearing nametags.

Often we all (and I include myself) can get hot under the collar online.

At the parties, everyone seems to get along quite well.

When one encounters someone you have had "words" with, it is no more than a raised eyebrow, and "Oh, so you are Mr. So-and-so".

It's amazing how one's concept of an online persona can be so wrong in real life.

Met more than a few fascinating people over the years, and look forward to the next party.

Let bygones be bygones- attend and enjoy!

thumbsup.gif

Just a small note about the anonymity thing.

I've been to every TV party in CM since the first, and honestly I don't recall one harsh word or a confrontation between members, with everyone wearing nametags.

Often we all (and I include myself) can get hot under the collar online.

At the parties, everyone seems to get along quite well.

When one encounters someone you have had "words" with, it is no more than a raised eyebrow, and "Oh, so you are Mr. So-and-so".

It's amazing how one's concept of an online persona can be so wrong in real life.

Met more than a few fascinating people over the years, and look forward to the next party.

Let bygones be bygones- attend and enjoy!

thumbsup.gif

O goody now we have two Global Moderators agreeing with each other. I have never been to a party but i agree with the rest of their opinion.

• Like 1

I would be seriously interested, provided no one decides to beat the crap out of me because I upset them in the past. Perhaps I could wear a nametag that says; member X. and if anyone asks who I am, I could just say; my agent let me out on special license to Thai visa?

Here is my suggestion; I would be interested in having a night out with the lads, you know, choose our own places to eat, hit the bars, book a hotel room for the night so as to sleep off the booze. Perhaps all meet at the Taepae Gate? This way we could pick and choose which Thai visa members we prefer to be in the company off.

Just a thought, guys.

I'll go again, enjoyed the last time. There were name tags at the Old Bell affair, not sure if they were required attire, but not enforced for sure. I prefer, as one of the reasons I moved here is not to be told what to do all the time, is to let those who want wear them and those who don't don't. It's suppose to be social and enjoyable, I vote on making that the priority.

i agree

Since 'The Olde Bell' is a sponsor of TV, is advertised as 'The home of Thai Visa in Chiang Mai' and as everyone seems to agree the last Ánnual' event held there was such a sucess that it should be held there this time.

In the winter months, maybe. But it's quite the sauna these days.

Since 'The Olde Bell' is a sponsor of TV, is advertised as 'The home of Thai Visa in Chiang Mai' and as everyone seems to agree the last Ánnual' event held there was such a sucess that it should be held there this time.

But do we know when the party will be?

But do we know when the party will be?

I guess if TV are putting 'feelers' out now, it won't be in the winter.

Space, air con and lots of parking should be high on the list.

Edited by uptheos

Prob wont be back until November...(and maybe as a permanant..time to give it a go)so then would be fine or maybe even Christmas.V

Went to TV do once at the Ele Bar a couple of years ago which was so-so but would agree with comments regarding the Old Bell...good location,ambience ,loads of diff beers and spiffing landlord ..what.....and yes had a "swaally" in there last night.

been to the last 3 thai visa parties,first one was good at tuskers,nice venue,imho thought last one wasnt so good bit cramped on the first floor and no were to sit,i would suggest the pub,for a party,the grounds have been refurbished,and are very nice,plenty of space and parking available.

Talking about "lots of parking" and free beer in the same thread...hmmmm, you could always take a 'tuck tuck' both ways.. I would have no problem with name tags with the TV avatar pic on it either. I have no fear of anyone impersonating me since my avatar is an actual photograph of me on an normal morning. I've had those slippers since I was 7.

Edited by DowntownAl
  • Like 1

People concerned about "bad blood" shouldn't be.

Once removed from their keyboards and placed in an actual social setting, people tend to be just fine.

Not sure about going, but I'll opt for "yes with free beer."

could we please discuss the party and leave the rest in the Thai language forum? cool.png

We had badges at all parties that I attended and found it very useful as you could finally have a chat with those you always wanted to meet in person. I'm pretty sure we will do this again this time.

Sorry Raro but you are telling pokies the one in Pattaya at 'Berts'no one had a badge except for you ,this was the night when you 'rang the bell'and almost hit Bert with it.biggrin.png

could we please discuss the party and leave the rest in the Thai language forum? cool.png

We had badges at all parties that I attended and found it very useful as you could finally have a chat with those you always wanted to meet in person. I'm pretty sure we will do this again this time.

Sorry Raro but you are telling pokies the one in Pattaya at 'Berts'no one had a badge except for you ,this was the night when you 'rang the bell'and almost hit Bert with it.biggrin.png

right...we wanted to have the name tags but ran out of time preparing them. Wasn't much of a problem as most people knew each other already and the Golden Man didn't really need an introduction...

and no, I will never ring any bell again laugh.png

raro ... or anyone else in pattaya now ?

re .. and the Golden Man didn't really need an introduction

i found his tailors in koh san road bangkok while i was there in april last year but

ive not heard any reports of the man himself for a long time !

is he still around ?

dave2

post-42592-0-23151100-1337737422_thumb.j

post-42592-0-10429100-1337737457_thumb.j

The third option is a bit presumptuous.. I had to vote 'no', though that doesn't mean I'm not ever interested in meeting other members. In fact it's hard NOT to meet other members about town.

If the goal of the poll is to assess potential attendance then this wording may skew the results.

+1