Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Upgrades Relationship Status

Lite Beer

Don't people around the world get married everyday? Just yesterday there was a wedding in our estate and it hasn't made the world news yet. Some 26 yr old American lad gets married and it's world news <deleted>.
that American lad happens to be one of the richest men in the world...that may have something to do with it making the news...jealous are we?

Hi Dave, In between "Richest men" you should have wrote "self made" thumbsup.gif

and he founded an online social network with c.1,000,000,000 users

Hey Brit Its a funny old world ain't it ,to many the likes of undoubted failures ,like Stalin,Mao ,Castro , and Che Guevara etc etc Stand out as some how "Icons" to the left , and yet when an evil Capitalist provides a service to mankind ,whilst Employing(Exploiting)sick.gif tens of Thousands to make his brain child work they are spoke of in derisory terms ,"Whats it all about Alfie" I ask myselflaugh.pnglaugh.png Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

Don't people around the world get married everyday? Just yesterday there was a wedding in our estate and it hasn't made the world news yet.

Chooka, why you didn't update the happy people's FB-pages? Then it would have been World News in a minute.

Update his profile would be more accurate.

In the Dark here Thad could you be more specific ?

Easy Col, it just depends on if you view getting married as an upgrade.

Some I know, myself included, consider their last divorce as more of an upgrade ;)

I'm massively jealous of Mark Zuckerberg and don't want to know anything more about his life! Bring on the stories of people worse off than me. That I like!coffee1.gif

Brutally honest, a rare quality these days , you breathe like a breath of fresh air JT thumbsup.gif

Easy Col, it just depends on if you view getting married as an upgrade.

Some I know, myself included, consider their last divorce as more of an upgrade wink.png

lucky old me then !, the parting of the waves between my last Thai lady and My Marriage to Jan was most certainly 2 of my better decisions since coming to Thailand in Nov 03biggrin.png

Don't people around the world get married everyday? Just yesterday there was a wedding in our estate and it hasn't made the world news yet.

Chooka, why you didn't update the happy people's FB-pages? Then it would have been World News in a minute.

Yeah ,"HELLO MAGAZINE" offered us 100Gs (Sterling) and a free 2 week honey moon in the Seychelles to splash our wedding all over the front page ,naturally I declined as I know how "touchy" some people are when some one else is getting some thing for nothing and not them !laugh.pnglaugh.png Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

goldman sachs sold 50% of their stake

they want out, they want their 500 mil investment back and they got it

now the shares can plummit, they don't care

I was'nt aware that Goldman Sachs held a gun to the head of prospective buyers of the shares .

The proper Facebook terminology is "to update your profile"not "upgrade your profile" as the thread title suggests.

Hey Brit Its a funny old world ain't it ,to many the likes of undoubted failures ,like Stalin,Mao ,Castro , and Che Guevara etc etc Stand out as some how "Icons" to the left , and yet when an evil Capitalist provides a service to mankind ,whilst Employing(Exploiting)sick.gif tens of Thousands to make his brain child work they are spoke of in derisory terms ,"Whats it all about Alfie" I ask myselflaugh.pnglaugh.png

As Adam Smith explained in The Wealth of Nations (1776), the entrepreneur's greed is actually a positive trait (for society) as it is this self-interest that leads him/her to service the needs and wants of his/her customers.

I do not understand why many people view wealthy capitalist's as evil when they have become rich by identifying and servicing people's requirements and desires. There are not many successful business people selling products/services that nobody wants.

Yes, thank God for the "greedy capitalists". A far greater percentage of what we have today that makes day-to-day life easier than 200 years ago is due to these people. The only non-private governmental sources are the spin-offs from Military or Space industries' R&D. We know how much the anti-capitalists hate these programs as well.

Don't people around the world get married everyday? Just yesterday there was a wedding in our estate and it hasn't made the world news yet. Some 26 yr old American lad gets married and it's world news <deleted>.
that American lad happens to be one of the richest men in the world...that may have something to do with it making the news...jealous are we?

No I am already married.

Hey Brit Its a funny old world ain't it ,to many the likes of undoubted failures ,like Stalin,Mao ,Castro , and Che Guevara etc etc Stand out as some how "Icons" to the left , and yet when an evil Capitalist provides a service to mankind ,whilst Employing(Exploiting)sick.gif tens of Thousands to make his brain child work they are spoke of in derisory terms ,"Whats it all about Alfie" I ask myselflaugh.pnglaugh.png

Charismatic world leaders Vs geeky kids with no social skills.

Hmmmmmm ..... that's a hard call.

Any chance of explaining what you mean by "geeky kids with no social skills" these "kids" now have thriving businesses world wide employing hundreds of thousands of People ,for Instance the "Bill and Amanda Gates foundation" is the biggest private charity organisation in the world employing 500 people to give their money to worth while causes,and I trust you use "windows" in your PC? laugh.png Edited by Colin Yai

Any chance of explaining what you mean by "geeky kids with no social skills" these "kids" now have thriving businesses world wide employing hundreds of thousands of People ,for Instance the "Bill and Amanda Gates foundation" is the biggest private charity organisation in the world employing 500 people to give their money to worth while causes,and I trust you use "windows" in your PC? laugh.png

The ability to make money doesn't make people popular (or charismatic).

Nor does giving money to charity, producing popular products or employing people.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The geeks employ thousands and enrich the lives of billions while the "charismatic world leaders" above combined for over 100 million deaths and even more imprisoned and billions more in lost generations.

• Like 1