Where To Buy New Laptops? Bkk, Kul, Tpe?

Kf6vci

The difference is not that big to warrant a dedicated notebook buying trip, and if you bring notebook from outside, choose a make that has support in Thailand. Acer is quite big here, but Benq isn't. HP offers only corporate support and any spare parts are ordered from Malaysia.

Was quite impressed by the prices in Taipei a month ago...didn't go to a dedicated computer mall, but still, a slick Panasonic Pentium M could be had for the equivalent of 25.000...same thing would cost at least 32-35.000 here.

Was quite impressed by the prices in Taipei a month ago...didn't go to a dedicated computer mall, but still, a slick Panasonic Pentium M could be had for the equivalent of 25.000...same thing would cost at least 32-35.000 here.

I found the differences between prices in BKK and Taipei not that big. Taipei might be somewhat cheaper, but it is very hard to compare prices because you dont get the same versions and the same accessories. I could have had an acer here with 10 % teachers' discount, and that would have been the same price as in Taipei.

I live in Bkk and Taiwan, but I bought a computer where I woul need it most (because of the guarantee) and that was Bangkok.

BTW acer is strong in Bangkok, but Taiwanese dont like it's quality too much

Well yeah, but your 10% teachers' discount (how'd you come by it, btw, ISIC?) means 2500-3000 baht in this case, which is still a sizeable difference...it costs 7000ish (maybe even less) for a round-trip to Taipei, so I'd still reckon it's worth the trip...see the world, get a laptop, what could be better? :o

And yeah, ACER is a generally low-end brand, but it's not too horrible...everything these days has pretty shoddy workmanship (even Plextor drives are now OEM BENQs!), so I think it's fine for the money.

Hi All, I was wondering whether you know the market in neighboring countries as well. Taiwan and Malaysia to be specific. Thank you! Chris

If you don't bother about warranty and can fly to Middle East (Dubai to be exact). You'll get cheaper laptops than South East Asia. One year ago I got mine (HP Compaq nx9105) at good price where in SEA it can be up to 1.5x more expensive (with same or different brand with similar specs).