Why So Many Farangs Without A Clue?

chops

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...I was about 20 years older and she was a lovely young woman (but very unpleasant) and I was wearing a neat, M&S charcoal grey suit and everything and I felt that her abuse was unfair...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

If I walk around in a police uniform then everyone would wrongly assume I was a police man. Do these women not understand that if they walk around dressed in short skirts and showing lots of skin then folks will assume they are dressed to work as a prostitute? The whole reason that prostitutes dress in revealing clothing is to entice customers. I just assume any women dressed like a prostitute is doing that so everyone will check out their goodies and make an offer.

Edited by Jayman

If I walk around in a police uniform then everyone would wrongly assume I was a police man. Do these women not understand that if they walk around dressed in short skirts and showing lots of skin then folks will assume they are dressed to work as a prostitute? The whole reason that prostitutes dress in revealing clothing is to entice customers. I just assume any women dressed like a prostitute is doing that so everyone will check out their goodies and make an offer.

Hmmmm, you seem to be blinkered. My 23 year old daughter loves showing her stuff and l like seeing it. So do the natives. smile.png

• Like 1

In the west, excessive leg display is rude, exposed shoulders and cleavage is perfectly acceptable, nipples showing through tops OK.

In Thailand, excessive leg display is acceptable, bare shoulders or cleavage on display in public is extremely rude, nipples showing is totally off limits under all circumstances.

You really need to learn the difference in dress code between the countries.

Another one without a clue!

If they are dressed like the girls on walking street then I assume they are prostitutes. I have been experiencing thailand for 20 years now and even still, today in the villages women/girls don't dress like whores. Even when the pattaya girls go back to the farms they are expected to cover themselves. Maybe things are slowly changing. I see girls at the temples in Pattaya dress like prostitutes when I know for 100% fact that it's considered inappropriate by all. Women must not even show their knees to the monks in the temples not to mention dressed and dolled up to strut.

I think you need to learn the dress code between different regions of Thailand before you start preaching as to what's acceptable in Thailand as a country. I'd like to see girls dressed like that in the south of thailand.

Another one without a clue but thinks he knows it all. Let me guess, you're retired right?

Edited by Jayman

Hmmmm, you seem to be blinkered. My 23 year old daughter loves showing her stuff and l like seeing it. So do the natives. smile.png

You must be very proud.

Absolutely.

If you've got it, flaunt it. Look at Thai TV ever day, different from farang land eh. biggrin.png

You must be very proud.

Absolutely.

If you've got it, flaunt it. Look at Thai TV ever day, different from farang land eh. biggrin.png

I see, so you base your opinion on what's right/wrong, appropriate and not by what you see on Thai TV?

Wow.. no wonder your daughter has little respect for herself if she has grown up watching the thai soapies to learn what's right and wrong.

If they are dressed like the girls on walking street then I assume they are prostitutes. I have been experiencing thailand for 20 years now and even still, today in the villages women/girls don't dress like whores. Even when the pattaya girls go back to the farms they are expected to cover themselves. Maybe things are slowly changing. I see girls at the temples in Pattaya dress like prostitutes when I know for 100% fact that it's considered inappropriate by all. Women must not even show their knees to the monks in the temples not to mention dressed and dolled up to strut.

Another one without a clue but thinks he knows it all. Let me guess, you're retired right?

You are completely right, I am no expert on prostitutes and have never been to walking street.

But you do seem to know a lot about prostitutes so I bow to your superior knowledge about them and how they dress.

One does wonder why you would want to stay in Thailand though?

You are the one that enjoys looking at the 23 year old daughters stuff and I'm the blinkered one? Only on TV....

Ok.. proud father.. how about posting some pics of your daughter for us all to drool over. Since you say it makes you feel so good to have the locals looking at her. Put up or shut up mate.

• Like 1

You are completely right, I am no expert on prostitutes and have never been to walking street.

But you do seem to know a lot about prostitutes so I bow to your superior knowledge about them and how they dress.

One does wonder why you would want to stay in Thailand though?

I have no issues with prostitutes nor have I express that in any way. In fact I can honestly say I like prostitutes. I have never had a prostitute give me sh!t for staring at her goodies. My issue is with girls/women that dress provocatively and then get angry if you are staring at their tits/ass/legs or whatever else they have on display.

And seeing that I am an expert on prostitutes why wouldn't I want to live here in the land of prostitutes?

Edited by Jayman

You are the one that enjoys looking at the 23 year old daughters stuff and I'm the blinkered one? Only on TV....

Ok.. proud father.. how about posting some pics of your daughter for us all to drool over. Since you say it makes you feel so good to have the locals looking at her. Put up or shut up mate.

cheesy.gif ,Now don't be pervvy, you seem to imply that a fab lady (my daughter) must be not good in some way. You are wrong and l am proud. Do you not watch Thai TV every day with the beautiful ''super stars'' showing how beautiful they are, OR are you stuck in a bar watching footy ? cheesy.gif

I see, so you base your opinion on what's right/wrong, appropriate and not by what you see on Thai TV?

Wow.. no wonder your daughter has little respect for herself if she has grown up watching the thai soapies to learn what's right and wrong.

Oh dear. You really should leave your western dogma in the west. To play the shame game while attempting to impose your beliefs on someone else speaks volumes, about you. Let me guess, Protestant?

Oh dear. You really should leave your western dogma in the west. To play the shame game while attempting to impose your beliefs on someone else speaks volumes, about you. Let me guess, Protestant?

No I'm not of any christian/catholic based faith. I simply was stating that I don't think that Thai TV is a very good place to learn what is right or wrong. Do you think hitting women is right since that is what they show on Thai TV?

And I'm not trying to impose my belief on anyone. I am stating my opinion here like all the rest on TV. You can believe what you want. I am just sharing my opinion as opposition to other opinions I'm reading here like enjoying looking at their 23 year old daughters goodies. Do only protestants think that is wrong? I really don't know much about the jesus based religions.

Edited by Jayman

No I'm not of any christian/catholic based faith. I simply was stating that I don't think that Thai TV is a very good place to learn what is right or wrong. Do you think hitting women is right since that is what they show on Thai TV?

Sorry I was thinking TV = ThaiVisa, when you were intending TeleVision ....... my bad ....... DOH!

Now we are all on the same page.

Thai television soaps are for entertainment not education. It's not real, it's not a plan for life.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Sorry I was thinking TV = ThaiVisa, when you were intending TeleVision ....... my bad ....... DOH!

Now we are all on the same page

Thai television soaps are for entertainment not education. It's not real, it's not a plan for life.

Ok.. was wondering how I was meeting such resistance on something that seemed so very obvious to me. Thai TV = Thai TeleVision where as TV= Thai Visa. The stuff they show on Thai TV is taken seriously by many that are watching it. The original comment I responded to was about what is appropriate based on what is viewed on Thai TV (TeleVision) and I just can't agree that Thai TV is a good measure of what is appropriate.

• Like 1

The stuff they show on Thai TV is taken seriously by many that are watching it. The original comment I responded to was about what is appropriate based on what is viewed on Thai TV (TeleVision) and I just can't agree that Thai TV is a good measure of what is appropriate.

I always take the ghosts, zombies and demons in Lakorn TV very seriously and so do my entire family.

Only the other day the demon that hides in my closet snuck into my umbrella, and then attempted to possess me in the next rainstorm. Luckily my daughter, who trains at the local witches academy, had her belly dancing outfit on, and managed to protect me with a counter-spell.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

If you've got it, flaunt it.

Hmm.. isn't that what these "stupid" men are doing with their money? They got it so they are flaunting it. So glad we have a thread like this to set the facts straight.

whistling.gif

The stuff they show on Thai TV is taken seriously by many that are watching it. The original comment I responded to was about what is appropriate based on what is viewed on Thai TV (TeleVision) and I just can't agree that Thai TV is a good measure of what is appropriate.

I always take the ghosts, zombies and demons in Lakorn TV very seriously and so do my entire family.

Only the other day the demon that hides in my closet snuck into my umbrella, and then attempted to possess me in the next rainstorm. Luckily my daughter, who trains at the local witches academy, had her belly dancing outfit on, and managed to protect me with a counter-spell.

You won't convince Jayman, especially whilst he's wearing his Nuns outfit. whistling.gif

You won't convince Jayman, especially whilst he's wearing his Nuns outfit. whistling.gif

You can convince me your daughter is as hot as you say by posting her pictures. Like I said, I have no issues with beautiful women that want to flaunt their bodies as long as they don't complain when I look.

Wow..i would never asssume that just because a woman is wearing something sexy or revealing = prostitute! There is such a thing as dressing sexy in a classy/sophisticated way. Frankly im shocked if you automatically that every woman in a short skirt is displaying herself as if a prostitute. Being proud of how you look and enjoying attention shouldnt be something to be ashamed about (or of course, offended by if someone looks at you). There is a difference in dressing/acting somewhat "slutty" (for want of a better word), and there is a difference in appreciating a nice looking woman (or man) and leering. Surely you must know the difference..?

'extremely long legs'? oh, phuturatica please post a photo and show them off...'some folks' seem to think that they got a monopoly on the long legs around here...

once I was ascending a stairway in the office where I worked in the UK and I was confronted by an angry young woman who snarled: 'whaddaya think yer looking at? pervert!'...and I said: 'whaaa???' and then I noticed that she was wearing an extremely short skirt and the implication then was clear...I was just trying to mind my own business...honest...

Lol, why didnt you just tell her that if she is going to dress in a very short skirt, then she is automatically giving the world permission to admire. Silly mare!

..in that sense i really dont understand women who act offended. Of course, leering is impolite..but looking is perfectly normal. Would be like telling someone not to look at a window display that was set up to be looked at. blink.png

Edit: but a note of warning...i recommend keeping the looks to bare minimum or behind sunglasses when with gf's or wives ..or even just female company. ..cmon guys, keep the ogling for when you are with guy friends or when solo. ..just like we do wink.png

Edited by eek
  • Like 1

Wow..i would never asssume that just because a woman is wearing something sexy or revealing = prostitute! There is such a thing as dressing sexy in a classy/sophisticated way. Frankly im shocked if you automatically that every woman in a short skirt is displaying herself as if a prostitute. Being proud of how you look and enjoying attention shouldnt be something to be ashamed about (or of course, offended by if someone looks at you). There is a difference in dressing/acting somewhat "slutty" (for want of a better word), and there is a difference in appreciating a nice looking woman (or man) and leering. Surely you must know the difference..?

Please don't misquote me... I specifically said "I just assume any women dressed like a prostitute is doing that so everyone will check out their goodies and make an offer."

I said nothing about dressing in a sophisticated or classy way and thinking they are a prostitute doing so. I live in Pattaya so maybe I just don't see many women dressing in a sexy yet sophisticated and classy way here that often (if ever). Nor anywhere else I have visited in Thailand. Now I will also admit I don't spend much time in Bangkok so maybe there is a whole hi-so set of young, sexy, classy, and sophisticated women that I am not seeing. I do invite you to post some pictures so I can broaden my horizons on the subject. wink.png

The rest of your comments are on point.

Edited by Jayman

no matter how painful or truthful, one has think AND ask "have you seen those guys who flock out such amount"

in most cases, they are not the most gifted in terms of looks, personality and social skills.

having a nice, sweet "pussy cat" purring on their lap worth more than money for them, because back home they do not have and possibly never had it.

Are the stupid?! IMO yes, but it gives them the fake warm feeling they need.

I find it useless trying to explain things for them and point things out for them, because they ONLY want to believe what makes them warm and fuzzy inside.

So to summarize WHY in 1 word-------------------LONELINESS.

Edited by phl
  • Like 1

Being proud of how you look and enjoying attention shouldnt be something to be ashamed about (or of course, offended by if someone looks at you). There is a difference in dressing/acting somewhat "slutty" (for want of a better word), and there is a difference in appreciating a nice looking woman (or man) and leering. Surely you must know the difference..?

Edit: but a note of warning...i recommend keeping the looks to bare minimum or behind sunglasses when with gf's or wives ..or even just female company. ..cmon guys, keep the ogling for when you are with guy friends or when solo. ..just like we do wink.png

I'm confused....is leering ok or not ??

My wife likes to look at other girls also...she often smiles when I do. We have similar taste.

• Like 2

My wife likes to look at other girls also...she often smiles when I do. We have similar taste.

I'm with you on that one. My wife and I both like to "appreciate" good looking girls as well. When she's in a really cheerful mood I'm even given permission to touch. wink.png

• Like 1

'Stupid is as stupid does'………Fact is no matter how smart we think we are, we all have our buttons ….It’s up to the con-man….or bar girl to find it, (the button) which one flips us over on our backs! Some its greed, some its power and some it’s Sex…………..Or power and sex, whatever! We all……All…. have a weakness, (sorry, but if you think you don’t, you’re kidding yourself)

It’s not about having a weakness; it’s about knowing what yours is…….And dealing with it.

This story is not about bone-head <deleted>#king westerners not knowing the score…..It’s about thick westerner not knowing their own weakness and dealing with it.

Thailand….A battle between ‘little head’ and ‘big head’

Note; posting pissed..........

Edited by Tonto21
  • Like 1