Do Not Die In Pai........

sirchai

Hello,

I’ve been up in Mae Hong Son province several times within the last 10 years. Many foreigners died heroin overdoses 10 years ago in Pai. I never heard something in the news about it.

We’d just come back from a three week trip in Pai, staying there with my family. Still the same old problems, driving to the waterfall and almost everybody there’s selling H!

A younger guy died overdosed right at the waterfall around two moons ago, guess they must have changed it into a heart attack. But he wasn’t the only one who died there.

Of course the Thai authorities aren’t really interested to report such cases. Wouldn’t be good for their image….

This white heroin is much stronger than anything people buy in Europe, or the States. Also called heroin # 4 . Guess people should be aware of it, that they don’t die in Pai!

Another breath taking and unbelievable stupid behavior was people showing who rent motorbikes, but obviously never drove one before.

We had a motorbike for three weeks and I saw loads of foreigners who had serious accidents every day. Of course I didn’t see those who were in the local hospital….

Tried to warn some drunken girls NOT to drive being so drunk, they smiled at me and took off. Saw them the next days and they had an accident. <deleted>’s wrong with so many guys, leaving their brains at home when traveling?

If this post will prevent even one guy from having an accident, or taking off to Nirvana, I’d be more than happy about it. Drive safe and keep your hands off this BS…………………

post-108180-0-60752800-1337602993_thumb.

post-108180-0-68246700-1337603110_thumb.

Also in SEA in general Herion is cheaper than coke. So when people ask for Coke dealers will give them heroin and pocket the profit. The purchaser then takes a bump and OD's. I know of mre cases of this happening in Cambodia though.

Just another reason not to touch that crap, especially on this side of the world...

• Like 1

Never been to Pai. Was planning a trip there with a friend before the rain season, knew about stories of truckloads of backpackers and ganja, but figured "to each his own" but this changes things. The pics do nothing to illuminate the situation for me. Are you saying steer clear because it's only a haven for hard drugs? So why bother to visit?

Also in SEA in general Herion is cheaper than coke. So when people ask for Coke dealers will give them heroin and pocket the profit. The purchaser then takes a bump and OD's. I know of mre cases of this happening in Cambodia though.

Just another reason not to touch that crap, especially on this side of the world...

Sorry, but most people- especially those- who're selling heroin don't know what cocaine is. Never saw coca leaves here...........wai.gif

Never been to Pai. Was planning a trip there with a friend before the rain season, knew about stories of truckloads of backpackers and ganja, but figured "to each his own" but this changes things. The pics do nothing to illuminate the situation for me. Are you saying steer clear because it's only a haven for hard drugs? So why bother to visit?

It's not just a heaven for hard drugs. Cheap Ganja's everywhere, no cops would bother you. ( There're tourist cops now)You'll see a lot of weird guys,but also a very nice place but also some good people.

Guess it's up to everyone how to spent a holiday. The whole area's in a Plateau, surrounded by mountains. Pai is a nice place to go. (Or was?)

Foreign Rastafarian with long plastic hair everywhere, a nice swimming pool, hot. springs, waterfalls, elephant camps etc...but something seems to be wrong.

Won't go there any more. Feel much better in Isaan though.....

The Beepop ( a pub )with live music's still existing with a foreign and a Thai band, but all seems to be a kind of unreal.

Just let people know that some foreigners die there, some get arrested, some deported. some DIE on a motorbike, or are disabled for the rest of their lives.

But you''ll never hear that through newspapers or TV. ( Maybe Thaivisa......wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

You post like every place else is safe. Not. The world over it is a problem.

If one has a problem with drugs and is trying to kick it don't go. If one just wants to enjoy the waterfalls go.

You are fooling yourself if you think you are safe on a motor bike just because you are not in Pai.

• Like 1

If one has a problem with drugs and is trying to kick it don't go. If one just wants to enjoy the waterfalls go.

You are fooling yourself if you think you are safe on a motor bike just because you are not in Pai.

I've read many good posts you've made. My point being is to warn people not to come home dead, or crippled. My Ex girl friend from Europe had an accident seven years ago driving a big bike from CM to Pai. A truck had almost killed her She's still suffering from op to op.

Not even mentioning the overdosed guys now. I drive bikes for 37 years now..........coffee1.gif

I've read many good posts you've made. My point being is to warn people not to come home dead, or crippled. My Ex girl friend from Europe had an accident seven years ago driving a big bike from CM to Pai. A truck had almost killed her She's still suffering from op to op.

Not even mentioning the overdosed guys now. I drive bikes for 37 years now..........coffee1.gif

That particular stretch of road can be a real challenge any where. One problem with it here is if you have lots of power it can be very frustrating getting behind smaller bikes and there is not a lot of road to pass on. In addition to that you have the bad driving habits the natives have and the foreigners learn from them.

That particular stretch of road can be a real challenge any where. One problem with it here is if you have lots of power it can be very frustrating getting behind smaller bikes and there is not a lot of road to pass on. In addition to that you have the bad driving habits the natives have and the foreigners learn from them.

Went to Pai for the first time a few weeks back. Liked it for a short break but could not live there. It is such an feat to get there. We had a hire Vios and the Four by Fours kept on trying to overtake us on the corners even though i was getting thru the bends quicker than they could ever hope to but i guess there is important need for a four by four to lead the pack . They were spending so much time on the wrong side of the road doing the corners it surprised me that i only saw one accident and that did not involve a head on . On a bike it could be so much fun though.

I was in Pai with my family 2 weeks ago beautiful place. And loved the drive there.

No person bothered me about drugs because I was. With my family.

It is there if u want it . Actually of is all over the world so wouldn't worry it is for sure a great place to visit

Hello dolly I agree with you and to ad to your post it was posted in the Canadian embassy a few years ago that the biggest death rate for tourists in Thailand was motorbikes

OK I have to ask it being as no one else will.

Where is the best place to die?

If you must, hellodolly, die in an Isaan village. Everyone will have a party, and pop you into the incinerator, and bob's your uncle.

Only thing is, tell them to make sure you're dead first; there have been cases where the corpse was lying on the floor of his house, being respected, when he sat up and said, "Hey, what's going on?"

• Like 1

OK I have to ask it being as no one else will.

Where is the best place to die?

If you must, hellodolly, die in an Isaan village. Everyone will have a party, and pop you into the incinerator, and bob's your uncle.

Only thing is, tell them to make sure you're dead first; there have been cases where the corpse was lying on the floor of his house, being respected, when he sat up and said, "Hey, what's going on?"

MIne is from Isaan, and I was talking to her the other day about reincarnation. She asked "what actually is reincarnation?" I said to her, "well, its when you die and come back as something completely different." "So, I could come back as a pig?!" she laughed

I said, "you"re not listening are you.....? love you!"

• Like 2

Unlike the West, Thailand does not bound people by stringent rules and laws regarding safety standards, consumer protection, hygiene controls and truly is the land of double standards.

The Thai attitude is, that whatever people do is up to them and is done at their own risk and discretion. If people come to harm in the process, than that’s they’re fault and no one else can be brought to book for it. Even if there are applicable laws in some cases, these are rarely enforced or taken seriously.

Although the easy living with few rules may seem like an advantage to some, I can tell you that in Thailand it is not only easy to live, but it is also very easy to die here also.

The answer is: use your heads, think, and make should you can swim before diving into the deep end. The are many pitfalls in Thailand for the naive and those who are lacking in self-control.

Be safe out there, use common sense and good judgment at all times and never let down your guard. Your life may depend on it.

post-110219-0-14814700-1337709124_thumb.

• Like 1

<deleted>’s wrong with so many guys, leaving their brains at home when traveling?

Yes they do.

Too many times I've been sitting in a cafe in Pai or Samui, surrounded by back packers comparing road rash. Too many end up with worse - sad story about your ex girlfriend for example.