Shocked And Flabergasted At Rimping Today

gennisis

I dont think he is saying SK is expensive, only that Rimping are marking up those two items way over the RRP

http://www.sausage-k...h-potato.html seems fair enough to me, must be a limping mistake.

Depends on the size according to the information on the web page you supplied he has it on his list for 60 baht for 350 mg. Now how munch Rimping marks that up I don't know. Nor do I know if that is the same size he sells to Rimping they may get a bigger serving.

What looks like maybe two servings really dosen't say munch. How many mg in one serving.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people don't really buy pre-made mashed potatoes do they?

The SK sells to the rich and famous not to the poor and dumb

SK products are quite good value if you buy them direct and the quality is good.

Bang on with the quality. If it is no good I don't care how cheap it is.

Isn't buying pre cooked food just laziness.Very few people I would suggest don't have kitchen. Buying mashed potaoes and casserole packs when you can cook up more than you need at home, and leave what you dont use, in the fridge for another day. Maybe a poll on who uses the fresh food markets and saves heaps of money against buying at Rimping/Tops would confirm that the take away mentality is alive and well in CM.

That same logic can be applied to every consumer good under the sun. Do you also buy freshly cut trees to carve your own furniture? Do you buy cotton to make your own clothes? Both of those would would save you heaps more money than just going to the store and buying pre-made items. Does that mean you're just lazy?

Its really about convenience, I guess.. Just as you probably lack the time and the skills necessary to convert raw cotton to thread, weave it to cloth and then stitch your own clothes, the same concept applies to other people when it comes to preparing food.

Some of us are not old retirees, with nothing better to do that waste our time cooking elaborate dinners while we wait to die. Some of us have full time jobs where we put in 60, 80 hours a week and/ or don't know how to cook. Sure I could squander what precious little free time I have left over in the week to try to prepare a casserole. But I'd much rather drop a little coin on a pre-made one and be able to dedicate my remaining free time to more meaningful pursuits.

-Mestizo

Well said also some people just don't like to cook and some people don't have kitchens. I think a poll on who has a kitchen and who dosen't would give Sparkles a surprise. At a guess I would say half. Maybe I would be the surprised one.

I am retired and was talking to a friend who is still working and saving up to retire in the distant future. I just had to laugh and tell him I am already there. I did not retire to continue cutting corners every where I could or to miss out on a lot of things that I enjoy. If I want to go out and enjoy a good meal I will. If I want to get some precooked things that I can throw in a microwave oven I will.

But I will not do some thing I don't like just to save money.

• Like 2

Isn't buying pre cooked food just laziness.Very few people I would suggest don't have kitchen. Buying mashed potaoes and casserole packs when you can cook up more than you need at home, and leave what you dont use, in the fridge for another day. Maybe a poll on who uses the fresh food markets and saves heaps of money against buying at Rimping/Tops would confirm that the take away mentality is alive and well in CM.

That same logic can be applied to every consumer good under the sun. Do you also buy freshly cut trees to carve your own furniture? Do you buy cotton to make your own clothes? Both of those would would save you heaps more money than just going to the store and buying pre-made items. Does that mean you're just lazy?

Its really about convenience, I guess.. Just as you probably lack the time and the skills necessary to convert raw cotton to thread, weave it to cloth and then stitch your own clothes, the same concept applies to other people when it comes to preparing food.

Some of us are not old retirees, with nothing better to do that waste our time cooking elaborate dinners while we wait to die. Some of us have full time jobs where we put in 60, 80 hours a week and/ or don't know how to cook. Sure I could squander what precious little free time I have left over in the week to try to prepare a casserole. But I'd much rather drop a little coin on a pre-made one and be able to dedicate my remaining free time to more meaningful pursuits.

-Mestizo

Well said also some people just don't like to cook and some people don't have kitchens. I think a poll on who has a kitchen and who dosen't would give Sparkles a surprise. At a guess I would say half. Maybe I would be the surprised one.

I am retired and was talking to a friend who is still working and saving up to retire in the distant future. I just had to laugh and tell him I am already there. I did not retire to continue cutting corners every where I could or to miss out on a lot of things that I enjoy. If I want to go out and enjoy a good meal I will. If I want to get some precooked things that I can throw in a microwave oven I will.

I would have thought with the blood thinning meds you are taking, doing your own cooking and knowing exacly what's in it would be a good thing. Some of the things you say you eat out, make me wonder why you bother to take Warfarin at all. You need to help your meds, they're not wonder drugs.

Why not get a decent apartment with a small kitchen, there's loads around....a little bit extra but well worth it.

Edited by uptheos

Shocked! Yes, SHOCKED!!! After reading all this, I can only guess that all must be really right with the world these days to worry about such things! rolleyes.gif And flabbergasted, yes, absolutely FLABBERGASTED (the extra "b" at no charge, no mark-up to OP!), at the apparent lack of culinary capacity among TV CM homebodies!biggrin.png

Edited by Mapguy

-Mestizo

I would have thought with the blood thinning meds you are taking, doing your own cooking and knowing exacly what's in it would be a good thing. Some of the things you say you eat out, make me wonder why you bother to take Warfarin at all. You need to help your meds, they're not wonder drugs.

Why not get a decent apartment with a small kitchen, there's loads around....a little bit extra but well worth it.

Actually the only food to watch out for when you take Warfarin is the dark green veggies. If I had a kitchen it would just take up space. Besides I like my location.

If I'm in the neighbourhood of Rimping Mee Chok (North), I'd instead drive directly to the Sausage King workshop and store (now well mapped on their advertisement here). Mis-labeling is out of the question there, Rimping's markup is avoided, and I've even experienced a discount for Thai Visa Members. I select what I like, of course, at its price.

If I supposed that 'retirement' should be equated to 'waiting to die,' I'd suppose that working is fulfillment, rather than embarking on a vast (if necessarily incomplete) exploration of the self and our planet and all of our worthwhile human works and thoughts.

-Mestizo

"...........wait to die." Come on, that's a bit strong. I'm a retiree and I don't have enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do.

Yes; the post reeks of arrogance

• Like 1

SK was telling me the last time he delivered that Rimping had been mis pricing some stuff maybe that was it since they put there prices on the stuff

DK

Coincidently I am warming up a SK pot pie for 80 baht. I also have a package of breakfast sausages in my frig. The label, including the price is under the plastic wrap and with a SK letterhead. Lets put the blame game where it belongs.

Just because the product has the suppliers retail price on it does not mean that was the price paid by Rimping, I suggest almost certainly it was not. I seriously doubt that SK packages especially for Rimping or anyone else, he probably uses existing stock and relies on the retail end to price accordingly. Shock and horror, the retail outlet reprices goods from its supplier, whatever next!

-Mestizo

"...........wait to die." Come on, that's a bit strong. I'm a retiree and I don't have enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do.

Hi

gennisis Please before you post about Sausage King Get your facts right we do not sell mash potato or gravy at 120 Baht We sell at 70 Baht each But we do sell sausage with mash and gravy as a ready made meal at 129 baht. We sell our meals much cheaper and much better quality then the rest. Maybe somebody put you up to this post ??? if you look at our section in Rimping we have put a price list up so customers can see clear our cheap prices before they buy Not like some who sell at Rimping for nearly double our price.

rimping price menu new.txt

Edited by SausageKing
  • Like 1

Actually the only food to watch out for when you take Warfarin is the dark green veggies. If I had a kitchen it would just take up space. Besides I like my location.

Rubbish!!

You are just talking foods that interact with Warfarin. I presume you have cholesterol levels off the scale and if you are receiving Warfarin from Dr. Morgan, then she is treating you for athersclerosis, which is narrowing of the arteries/vessels due to accumulation of greasy gunge over the years. Warfarin won't remove the gunge, but a good diet might prevent them closing altogether....your blood can only be thinned so much....and you really can't get a camel through the eye of a needle!

Back on topic, SK's prices are very good.....Rimping marks most things over the top, but entices customers in with a few low priced items just like any other store.

-Mestizo

Hi

gennisis Please before you post about Sausage King Get your facts right we do not sell mash potato or gravy at 120 Baht We sell at 70 Baht each But we do sell sausage with mash and gravy as a ready made meal at 129 baht. We sell our meals much cheaper and much better quality then the rest. Maybe somebody put you up to this post ??? if you look at our section in Rimping we have put a price list up so customers can see clear our cheap prices before they buy Not like some who sell at Rimping for nearly double our price.

I AM NOT BLIND and most certainly have not been 'put up" by anyone., As I originaly said,shopping at Rimping yesterday with a companion,the mashed pots and gravy were priced as I have posted, We were both amazed.......since the prices are stamped on your label I can only assume that it was YOU who have priced them...maybe a mistake...I dont know,but..please dont accuse me again of lying.. I did not see any pricelist of your products displayed,I only looked at the price on YOUR label..

Matbe you have given a clue....you say that 129 baht is your price for a pack of sausage mash and gravy.... maybe a mistake then in your labeling dept....whatever... I do not appreciate your suggestion that I have been 'put up" to post here.

Edited by gennisis

I AM NOT BLIND and most certainly have not been 'put up" by anyone., As I originaly said,shopping at Rimping yesterday with a companion,the mashed pots and gravy were priced as I have posted, We were both amazed.......since the prices are stamped on your label I can only assume that it was YOU who have priced them...maybe a mistake...I dont know,but..please dont accuse me again of lying.. I did not see any pricelist of your products displayed,I only looked at the price on YOUR label..

Matbe you have given a clue....you say that 129 baht is your price for a pack of sausage mash and gravy.... maybe a mistake then in your labeling dept....whatever... I do not appreciate your suggestion that I have been 'put up" to post here.

Maybe just severely mistaken as you were in this post:

gennisis

• photo-thumb-40598.jpg?_r=0
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 848 posts

Posted 2012-01-28 16:22:16

I have had the Sausage King bacon....it was OK,but probably not as good as Sausage King claim

I must admit being slightly anti Sausage King since I had ordered a couple of packs of their Sliced American Ham, and found out that it was'nt ham.but loin...Ham,to me comes from the Leg,not the body.Their photo of their ham on their website was of a sliced leg.

But anti or nor their samosa's were brilliant.

end quote

Note the definition of ham:

Ham

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the cut of meat. For other uses, see Ham (disambiguation).

275px-NCI_clove_ham.jpg

magnify-clip.pngHam with cloves.

Ham is a cut of meat from the thigh of the hind leg of an animal, especially pigs.[1]

or Ham (habreve.gifm)

In the Bible, a son of Noah and the brother of Japheth and Shem.

ham (habreve.gifm)

n.

The thigh of the hind leg of certain animals, especially a hog.

A cut of meat from the thigh of a hog.

The back of the knee.

The back of the thigh.

hams
The buttocks.

A performer who overacts or exaggerates.

A licensed amateur radio operator.

v. hammed, ham·ming, hams

v.intr.

To overact.

v.tr.

To exaggerate or overdo (a dramatic role, for example).

Maybe you were confusing yourself with definition
v.
tr.

?

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Why do people take Warfarin over say Plavix, Warfarin is rat poison and has a high overhead, periodic blood testing etc.

In my case it was a heart specialist who recommended it. He had no idea of the condition of my arteries. Unless there is a way to test with out blood samples. But he did know I had a enlarged heart. Got to admit the whole thing had me wondering as the cost at Siraphat was 4,001 baht.

Back to the mashed potatoes there was a web site given earlier that had them at 120 baht. Wonder what that was all about.

Maybe just severely mistaken as you were in this post:

gennisis

• photo-thumb-40598.jpg?_r=0
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 848 posts

Posted 2012-01-28 16:22:16

I have had the Sausage King bacon....it was OK,but probably not as good as Sausage King claim

I must admit being slightly anti Sausage King since I had ordered a couple of packs of their Sliced American Ham, and found out that it was'nt ham.but loin...Ham,to me comes from the Leg,not the body.Their photo of their ham on their website was of a sliced leg.

But anti or nor their samosa's were brilliant.

end quote

Note the definition of ham:

Ham

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the cut of meat. For other uses, see Ham (disambiguation).

275px-NCI_clove_ham.jpg

magnify-clip.pngHam with cloves.

Ham is a cut of meat from the thigh of the hind leg of an animal, especially pigs.[1]

or Ham (habreve.gifm)

In the Bible, a son of Noah and the brother of Japheth and Shem.

ham (habreve.gifm)

n.

The thigh of the hind leg of certain animals, especially a hog.

A cut of meat from the thigh of a hog.

The back of the knee.

The back of the thigh.

hams
The buttocks.

A performer who overacts or exaggerates.

A licensed amateur radio operator.

v. hammed, ham·ming, hams

v.intr.

To overact.

v.tr.

Maybe you were confusing yourself with definition
v.
tr.

?

I always thought ham came from pigs

According to definition 1 it might come from a bear.

I always thought ham came from pigs

According to definition 1 it might come from a bear.

If you know anything about Ham you will know we have several types of hams and people travel far to buy from us,And i know we are the best in quality goods as our raw products are by far the best.I will also go to check at Rimping to see who is right or wrong

We started with the OP complaining about the price of a tub of mash.

Now he has changed his tune and it is a tub of mash and gravy.,

How long before it ti a tub of Sausages and mash and as such correctly priced.

Will Rob receive an apology. I doubt it.

Please read the post correctly. I had only suggested that in view of SausageKings post,it just might have been an error in the label.

It was SausageKing that said that they have tubs of Sausage,mash and gravy. I didnt even know that marketed such a product.

I also doubt that a 3" dia 2ins thick packet of frozen gravy priced...as both myself and companion saw at 127 baht contained sausages and mash as well.

We had done our shopping at the Meechok Rimping.Since Rob says he is going to visit the stores,I am happy to await his findings. I cant think that the packs in question have been sold. If they have been then there are even more shoppers without a clue as to value than I would ever had imagined... although from some of the replies to my original post that wouldnt surprise me.

And Harry,whatever Robs findings,I have no reasons for any apologies. I simply posted what I saw at Rimping,no lies,no motives, simply a factual report,and who are you to think that if wrong I would not apologise,maybe because you wouldnt ??

• Like 1

Please read the post correctly. I had only suggested that in view of SausageKings post,it just might have been an error in the label.

It was SausageKing that said that they have tubs of Sausage,mash and gravy. I didnt even know that marketed such a product.

I also doubt that a 3" dia 2ins thick packet of frozen gravy priced...as both myself and companion saw at 127 baht contained sausages and mash as well.

We had done our shopping at the Meechok Rimping.Since Rob says he is going to visit the stores,I am happy to await his findings. I cant think that the packs in question have been sold. If they have been then there are even more shoppers without a clue as to value than I would ever had imagined... although from some of the replies to my original post that wouldnt surprise me.

And Harry,whatever Robs findings,I have no reasons for any apologies. I simply posted what I saw at Rimping,no lies,no motives, simply a factual report,and who are you to think that if wrong I would not apologise,maybe because you wouldnt ??

+1

No Errors with Sausage King Sticker pricing as all can see so a big sorry would be nice as i have done nothing wrong. I went to Rimping right away to see who is right and wrong.

gennisis

+1

post-112062-0-35751400-1337774029_thumb.

post-112062-0-60797000-1337774046_thumb.

Edited by SausageKing

Hmmm, you're right, the image is not that great is it, a bunch of expats moaning about the price of frozen mashed potato and then in a separate thread, trying to round up folks to go for a beer at Carfoo and Big C - see you Pattaya types, the CM crowd really does know how to have a good time with no expense spared. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Get the big picture chaps...its about the end picture.......the sight of a steaming pile of......potato, lumpy gravy and sausages....all perfectly microwaved to a rubbery sensation......topped of with a paper plate and plastic kinfe n fork ....me