Krabi Islands Info

bluesky76

hi all

im thinking of going to Krabi in june and visiting the islands such as koh poda koh hong Railey etc etc

im just a bit worried about the weather and the reports of rough seas at this time of year.

i read that a few boats have been sunk recently around phuket and krabi due to very rough seas.

will all the islands in that area be open at this time of year?

and what is the weather like in krabi in june?

is it a good time to go there ?

many thanks

The islands are open all year around. However, indeed in June you might have occasionally rough seas. As long as the weather permits, the boats are running. I am sorry, I am not a weather forecaster and cannot predict the weather this year in June.

As kloung moung says it's just pot luck with the weather at the moment you seem to get 3-5 days of clouds then it changes to 3-5 days of brilliant sunshine

Previous two posters are spot on. It's a roll of the dice, weatherwise. Recently, weather has not been good, probably wouldn't advise the sea travel now, but two weeks from now when you come, hey, fingers crossed, maybe it'll get nice.

Check weather satellite photos of SE Asia, those can generally give you an outlook of a couple days anyway and possibly show some trends.

Good job your not here this week 3 days of rainand strong wind you would not be avoiding it and be out in a boat at all parts of ao nang and klong mooing have no electric at the moment lot of trees down

Supposed to improve in a couple of days

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt July will be any better. Statistical precipitation is higher in July than in June. 10 days ago we had miserable weather, the past few days were ok with some rain every evening. If you wanna hold off, than you have to wait until Nov/Dec, although last year we had some flooding due to heavy rain in Nov/Dec, as well.

Is Krabi 'supposed' to have less rain than Koh Chang for July/Aug? I always go to Chang and it rains a bit but is generally decent just wondering how Krabi compares to that typically during those months. Last few years I am on Chang (closer to BKK) and weather is fine over 10 days. I know it's not high season and you get good/bad days all over but is it more a sun and rain in evening / odd days of sun all day / odd day of rain all day type deal? It's been a while since I been down there