Going To Bira Tomorrow

I have never been to BIRA, so I will make a run down there in the morning to see the Motorcycle Magazine races. I can't stay all day, I have to meet with my mechanic about my other bike in the afternoon. If anyone is going and would like to ride together or meet up there I am up for it. I will be leaving from On Nut around 7 or 8AM, but am flexible on time.

Practice is in the morning, qualifying early afternoon and the races are late afternoon, according the the timetable from the organisers (which I can't find at the moment !! )

Will you be going?

Courtesy of BigBikeBKK

post-65746-0-39093300-1338047129_thumb.j

What is the 'moto 3' class?

600cc? smile.png

Moto3 is single cylinder 250cc. And Thai Moto3 is limited to bikes made in Thailand, so effectively it's a one-make race.

Would Honda have had any influence on those rules??

Well all Moto3 bikes are single cylinder. Don't know about the made in Thailand part...

http://www.crash.net..._announced.html

Thai Moto3 is not in any way related to international Moto3.

The rules governing Thai Moto3 have nothing to do with any of the international racing bodies that make up the Grand Prix Commission (FIM, Dorna, IRTA and MSMA) and set the rules for international Moto3.

Thai Moto3 is loosely modeled after international Moto3, but beyond the 250cc, 4-stroke, single cylinder requirements, that's about as far as the similarities go.

International Moto3 are racing on pure racebikes like Honda's new $35,000 NSF 250:

honda-us35000-moto3-250cc-grand-prix-racer.jpg

Real racebikes aren't allowed in the Thai Moto3 series, so the racers have to make do with the CB'r' 250.

• Like 1

Oh, didn't know that - I guess the name is a bit misleading then ;) I thought it was some sort of feeder competition, I mean I did realize that Luke & Colin good as they are are not actually on ESPN every sunday... ;)

Oh, didn't know that - I guess the name is a bit misleading then wink.png I thought it was some sort of feeder competition, I mean I did realize that Luke & Colin good as they are are not actually on ESPN every sunday... wink.png

Yes, a bit misleading, but TiT, Same Same But Different, right? ;) And racers who do well in Thai Moto3 and have the right connections / support do have opportunities to move up into international racing.

Anyway, Colin and Luke aren't racing in Thai Moto3 but the SB1 race was televised all the same (on Thai TV, not ESPN) :)

• Like 1

Oh, didn't know that - I guess the name is a bit misleading then wink.png

You would be shocked with the bikes at a Kawasaki Thailand MotoGP session biggrin.png

That's Kawasaki MiniGP matey, not MotoGP ;)

Purely for fun- no money in it, just a plastic trophy if you manage to get on the podium.

37203_n.jpg