Fresh Graduate Salary Expectations

Just a note here guys, I am simply here asking for advice, I never stated that I'm entitled to however much, I am just making guesses. With that said, thanks for all the advice, I don't want to get involved or start an argument here.

Mate..I never did say you were entitled to anything, its just that some people get on here trying to sound all wise and knowlegable and in reality know sh*t....so no argument from me...BTW TV is full of arguments..its fun and entertaining sometimes...wink.png ...best of luck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mini scouser (biggrin.png are you from birkenhead? )

You seem like youve get your head screwed on ( unless you support liverpool, then i take it back )

You are doing your homework, dont take all you read on hear to heart, some will try to change the agenda on forums.

Good luck with your chosen career, if you do ( or dont ) get the job in question pop back and let us know how you got on.

If he is from Birkenhead..technically he is not a scouser....he is a woollyback...thumbsup.gif

If he needs 35k/m salary for extension of stay in Thailand he obviously not from the UK, unless Merseyside has just declared independence...wink.png

Edited by Soutpeel

then <deleted> is the point in op taking this job instead of just getting a job teaching english? it will probably be less work and pay better?

i mean, understand what you are saying about thai people being just as good at this job and obviously they want farang face for the role of english teacher but it seems to highlight to me the pointlessness of OP pursuing work in Thailand at the 'local salary'.

Edited by farang000999

then <deleted> is the point in op taking this job instead of just getting a job teaching english? it will probably be less work and pay better?

i mean, understand what you are saying about thai people being just as good at this job and obviously they want farang face for the role of english teacher but it seems to highlight to me the pointlessness of OP pursuing work in Thailand at the 'local salary'.

The OP has a degree in engineering and obviously he want to try an persue a career in his chosen or related field in Thailand seeing as he has studied at a Thai university....the vast majority of "English" teachers in Thailand do so because they cant do anything else or use it as a vehicle to finance their careers in drinking and whoring in Thailand

Starting off in a career one has to start at the bottom and sometimes this means talking less than ideal conditions inclusive of taking lower paying jobs to get a foot in the door...one would assume if the OP intended a career in teaching English he would have studied English then at University..rolleyes.gif

Edited by Soutpeel

• 3 weeks later...

Marketability

In what way...the companies in Thailand have hassles with work permits when employing farangs so in some respects a farang is less marketable, unless a company really wants them and is prepared to pay the cost

Does this concern only white skinned people, or foreigners in general?