Thai Education Minister Suchart To Sue Bodindecha Protesters

webfact

EDUCATION

Suchart to sue Bodindecha protesters

The Nation

30183259-01_big.jpg

Suchart

BANGKOK: -- Education Minister Suchart Thadathamrongvej is considering filing a libel suit against students and parents protesting against Bodindecha School.

Suchart said the protest had stemmed from the parents' misunderstanding that their children had not been allowed to enter Matthayom 4 due to "tea money" issues.

He added that the demonstrators would also be sued by 27 schools' parentteacher associations because they had provided wrong information to reporters and even burned his effigy.

Meanwhile, officials from the Education Ministry presented flowers to Education permanent secretary Sasithara Pichaicharnnarong, who is facing a disciplinary probe over claims that she failed to perform her duty regarding the procurement of vocational educational equipment. Sasithara said she was ready to explain herself to the investigation committee, adding that the probe did not make much sense because she had not been asked any questions until after she went on an official trip to Australia and news about the investigation came out.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-01

TIT

disgraceful

toss people out of school or not having enough to pay off board admin

then when they complain about unfair treatment .... sue them

TIT

Now .... this is really bad for Thailand's image

No its not, its bad for the people who point it out; they are the ones who are wrong, not the officialssad.png

• Like 1

So if it wasn't "tea money", what was the reason their children had not been allowed to enter Matthayom 4?

He changed the term 'tea money' in to 'donations'

They failed to make the right donation.

And now he is suing them for, pretty much, making him look like a cock, which is of course completely acceptable in this 'I'm important, do as you are told' society.

So if it wasn't "tea money", what was the reason their children had not been allowed to enter Matthayom 4?

He changed the term 'tea money' in to 'donations'

They failed to make the right donation.

And now he is suing them for, pretty much, making him look like a cock, which is of course completely acceptable in this 'I'm important, do as you are told' society.

Yeah reminds me of the "I'm Important" skits from Harry and Paul...."I'm important, are you important? Oh you're just a housewife, your not important...what does you husband do....a CEO, o that's quite important, but not as important as me...laugh.png

Suchart needs his ass counter-sued along with the school directors if indeed there is corruption evident. Having your child pushed out of the school only because someone paid more is sick.

In a related thread this week, 3 pupils were allowed to re-enroll and the school administrators ordered them to be ostracized, forcing them to leave.

Why exactly this farce occurred wasn't explained, but it certainly isn't a way to generate goodwill.

Please publish the grade of these students (black out their names).

I am quite sure they don't perform as they claims.

In Thailand, teachers are not allowed to fail student, even if they are a real idiots.

In Thailand, teachers are not allowed to fail student, even if they are a real idiots.

They should publish the grades of all of the students that just enrolled too.

They did. It is public information. It is mandatory (by law) to publish the score of students doing entrance exams of EVERY (GOVT) SCHOOL.

All the information are in pdf and is in here: http://www2.bodin.ac.th/

Don't believe me. Just name me another school, any government school, and I give you the list of applicant's results.

Edited by pakorn7

Keep these bandits out of education and away from finance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

And away from Goverment, Police, Army, Children, National Parks and me....

There is a very nice red country.....North Korea....there they could live happy

Would it not be defamation to give any Thai student anything but a 100%?

• Like 1

Would it not be defamation to give any Thai student anything but a 100%?

probably under the system they have here

Who knew that demonstrators/protestors could be sued for making false accusations?

It's worse. It appears than someone can be sued for defamation, even if they are telling the truth. The act of simply complaining is grounds for a libel suit.

Amazing Thailand!!! w00t.gif

Non Officials are just as swift to scream "why you angry me"??!!!! after being shown the disgusting behaviour they have displayed.

IE - a thief getting angry because you accused him/her

or a liar threatening to kill them self &/or others after being exposed.

like 13 yr olds, all hormones and zero brains.

'You prove im a nasty piece of work and i'll sue &/or hurt you'!!

Edited by edgarfriendly

Just abolish education in Thailand. Most Thais don't know what to do with this stuff called education anyway and with the ideology of tomorrow never comes, yesterday is long gone and today we eat noodle soup, it's a waste of money anyway. Better no education then miss-education or education that keeps the majority of people stupid.

Up until this school year I believe all Mayathom 3 students automatically went on to M4.

Under this government the rule was changed to 80% automatic and the other 20% seats were opened to anyone including the 20% who didn't get a seat and to anybody else who has tea money in their grubby little hands.

There ought to be a law that opens the school finances for inspection every year and ALL the teachers and directors should be audited every year.

Persons found unusually wealthy should have their accounts frozen and have to account for the money.

If they are found guilty they should be dismissed, jailed, pay back all the money with interest and banned from ANY government position for life.