Best Beach Weather This Time Of Year?

Supakamo

Hi there,

I might like to go to southern beaches or islands now but wondering if decent weather can be found anywhere, and where that might be.

The climate has changed so maybe the traditional ideas about weather this time of year might be off from what is going on now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just got back from staying in Phuket in Kamala right on the beach and it was great. It rained some and there were lots of clouds but in my opinion that only made it cooler and more interesting. The ocean is a little rough this time of the year but there were no riptides that I noticed and I spent at least 3 hours a day swimming. Prices are better in the offseason and there aren't the crowds to contend with.

It's always hit and miss this time of year. if you're lucky, great! But you can also be unlucky. Phuket is quite dangerous now. A russian lost his life just a few days ago. We were in Phuket for a month a few years ago in August and had few days that were true "beach" days. It happens....

I've found this to be some great info on the wet season.

http://tezzasthaiinfo.blogspot.com/2007/04/wet-weather-information.html

Been some heavy rains here on Phuket during the past several weeks. There have been some stretches of a two-three days with only showers, but this is the rainy season and much more of it coming on. Should end around early November. Caribbean is quite nice this time of the year.

It's HIGH season in the perhentian islands in Malaysia, very close to the Thai border. . . Go there.

what is the best way to get there - ex BKK or Singapore?

Nearest airports are Kota Bharu or further away Kota Terengganu. Only flights from KUL nothing direct from BKK or SIN.

One word of warning if you are over 30 you will feel very old!

It's HIGH season in the perhentian islands in Malaysia, very close to the Thai border. . . Go there.

what is the best way to get there - ex BKK or Singapore?

Nearest airports are Kota Bharu or further away Kota Terengganu. Only flights from KUL nothing direct from BKK or SIN.

One word of warning if you are over 30 you will feel very old!

old but distinguished!

I guess Narathiwat is out due to safety concerns - which is a shame as it sounds like the closest!