Am I Own My Own For Disliking This.

kawapower

No-shirt- complete lack of respect, If drunk I can probably understand, especially if it's a tourist at Mc Donald’s, but one also cannot expect someone to dress for that type of occasion.

Regardless, these people are everywhere, there are loads of these guys, especially in Pattaya.

I'm 100% used to it already, but try to ignore most of what I dread about the human species.

I seen much worse than to get upset over the No Shirt Fat Man at McDonalds. Relax

Worse would have been if he was screaming for some reason or another.

The OP is spot on when he talks about "respect, morals and knowing when you are making a fool of yourself". Made me think of this video I have.wai.gif

Losing Face in the Land of Smiles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXilBboktw

Edited by FlyByNights

Just one word: tacky

The one word is: Russians.

Unbelievable. You say you have no problem with people being shirtless in a restaurant, and then you have the cheek to call all Russians tacky!!

Even before you get to Mcdonalds, just walking down the street with no top on is classless and crass IMO.

Where I come from the vast majority of people that walk down the high street with no top on are carrying a can of 9% beer and have a bull terrier with them. That says everything you need to know.

Obviously walking down a beach road in Phuket and a High street in the UK is a bit different, but doing it in a restaurant or shopping centre is the same wherever you are in the world. bah.gif

I knew it wouldn't be long before the moral police showed up trawling for a debate.

It's phuket, a beach destination and it attracts the bottom feeding tourist that is into sun, booze and sex and it always will be.

I see shirtless people everywhere, even walking in the supermarket but I put it down either no self respect or consideration for others. I see other examples of lack of consideration for others daily but i let it be as it doesn't affect me greatly.

Russians seem to be the biggest offenders of this shirtless horror experienced by us. I seen guys in a Speedo in jugceylon drunk at 10pm. Just like he strolled off the beach. I didn't see centre managment complaining as he wandered around.

Another example. Villa supermarket there was a lady in a bikini who was also Russian. I didn't see anyone complaining even though it wasn't appropriate attire for shopping. She had a great body and I doubt there was a complaint seeing it was good to look at but seeing that Kenny saw a fat man it caused instant outrage to warrant a rant on thaivisa. Would it been the same if a young blonde bird was strutting in her bikini in McDonald's? Doubt it.

Kenny has a history of looking and describing men on his travels. I remember a thread where he was talking about men in Speedos ( budgie smugglers) and not having a good body.

My god mate get over yourself, I don't care if it was the most beautiful girl in the world or a man with an incredible body, it is just not nice full stop and many agree, what is your problem!!!!!

It does not matter where you are, put a shirt on and show some respect, people are laughing at you, it's because you are common have no intelligence, no consideration which allows you to act so badly!! where are the manors these days!!!

Edited by kawapower

what about if it had of been a fit young girl with the smallest of bikini's on chomping on her Mcs**t, i bet the OP opinion changes then, but to some religious group that would just be as offensive, whats next???, a bloke with a thong on is a idiot, a fit girl with the same thong on is a sex kitten, but if she's well over weight she then becomes a idiot, back to the original OP comments, if the guy in Mc D's had a stunning girl with him, dressed in gear that the OP appreciated and related to, it would never crop up about whats appropriate. i agree there's a time and place for appropriate dress codes, but in Mc D's come on, if a guy was in a top restaurant paying 30,000B but dressed in flip flops, T shirt and shorts, when everyone else is in formal wear, should he be allowed to stay????

No I would not change my mind, why would a fit girl change my mind to something offensive!!!

No point in discussing this any further, it is clear certain people have no problem with this disrespectful act, I don't give a flying <deleted> if you are a child, adult, beautiful girl, lady boy or anyone else, put a <deleted> top on and show consideration and respect for yourself and more importanty others!!!

Edited by kawapower