Am I Own My Own For Disliking This.

kawapower

In MacDonald's today, big big man sitting at a table with no tee shirt on, I am sure he thought he had a great body(I can assure you he did not have!! I looked at him then looked at my mucker and said "what the <Snip!> does he look like" along with my mate we both thought how disrespectful and just plain nasty this is! there is a place for no cloths it is called the beach!!!

No I am not having a bad day!! I am very happy apart from my mates little girl being ill in hospital, it's all about respect, morals and knowing when you are making a fool of yourself, and yes I do it often but not in a disrespectful way.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

No argument from me.

I learned a long time ago that when traveling in a foreign country, always try to dress according to local customs.

Not everyone does it though.

IMO they are just showing their ignorance.

But, there's not much you can do about it.

Unless you are Thai.

So as a foreigner Kenny, You are worried about a foreigner from a different country to your own, In a McDonalds in a different country to both of your origins.

I personally couldnt give a s**t if a Japanese man was walking naked down the street in Iraq, and I was having a coffee with a Frenchman. In fact I would probably have a bit of fun with it and put a wager on how soon the Jap would get shot or beheaded.

Dont be so preachy, just go with the flow and see what happens.....more often than not its more fun

So as a foreigner Kenny, You are worried about a foreigner from a different country to your own, In a McDonalds in a different country to both of your origins.

I personally couldnt give a s**t if a Japanese man was walking naked down the street in Iraq, and I was having a coffee with a Frenchman. In fact I would probably have a bit of fun with it and put a wager on how soon the Jap would get shot or beheaded.

Dont be so preachy, just go with the flow and see what happens.....more often than not its more fun

I am not preaching, I hate people who walk around with no top on it would seem others agree, it's not fun to see big fat people or even people with good bodies walking around with no top on unless it is at the beach!! it is not fun to sit in a restaurant with other people who are not wearing tops!! my opinion and no I will never see it as fun!!

• Like 1

IMO its about showing a bit of respect and its also unhygenic.This is one of the things that totally pisses me off in Phuket these days.One thing is these fools walking around the streeets...no problem.But when you`re having a meal and the neighbouring table are occupied with sweaty farangs not wearing shirts it ruins everything.

I swear to God that if I ever have the possibility to become invisible and armed with a knife,the streets of Phuket would be knee deep with the blood from these fools laugh.png !!!

• Like 2

It's McDonald's &lt;deleted&gt;.

It's supposed to have fat weird looking people killing themselves with food.

Did you expect supermodels dressed in evening gowns?

If this was some credible restaurant I would understand but its McDonald's.

I and others expect people to show respect and consideration where ever you might be unless of course you are as common as muck and have no thought for others!!

It's a fast food outlet, not considered dining excellence by anyone except fatties and homeless drunk people.

Go to Sydney and count the amount of homeless people sleeping in McDonald's and junkies overdosing in the toilets nightly.Even the blue lights don't stop them shooting up anymore.

A shirtless man in McDonald's is hardly a shock nor does it bother me.

I am not preaching, I hate people who walk around with no top on it would seem others agree, it's not fun to see big fat people or even people with good bodies walking around with no top on unless it is at the beach!! it is not fun to sit in a restaurant with other people who are not wearing tops!! my opinion and no I will never see it as fun!!

I agree with you.

Did you consider saying something to him or not? When I see something like this I am tempted to say something, but so far never have. Some time ago, on the front of the yellow bank in Kata, gone now, was a sign in English saying people were required to wear a T-shirt. Sign was there for a reason.

I'm with you, kawapower.

Beachside / poolside - fine. But, not in a formal restaurant (irrespective of the opinions about Macs, it's still a restaurant) and diners should have the decency to respect fellow customers. Oh, for a bit of intervention from the staff!

Same thing happened at Fuji. We were having a delicious healthy lunch and a guy and his gf/wife came in, he had no shirt on, and she was not well covered. He did finally put a shirt on, after the manager asked him to several times. You can’t fix stupid.

post-123755-0-56885800-1338597736_thumb.

I agree with you.

Did you consider saying something to him or not? When I see something like this I am tempted to say something, but so far never have. Some time ago, on the front of the yellow bank in Kata, gone now, was a sign in English saying people were required to wear a T-shirt. Sign was there for a reason.

Yes I considered saying something, my mate who is far more Ting Tong than me definitely considered saying something, but these people who show no respect or consideration are impossible to talk to, I am sure it would have ended in insults from the tee shirtless person, we purchased our very nice Mac breakfasts and left.

Just one word: tacky

The one word is: Russians.

Well now that is a raciest comment!!

Racist? Perhaps.....But in my case at Fuji, they were Russianlaugh.png

Edited by Shot

Racist? Perhaps.....But in my case at Fuji, they were Russianlaugh.png

I sold my Z1000 to a nice young Russian guy, I told him I had Russians living next door to me and that they were loud and had no consideration for anyone, in his own words he said, " I am Russian,I don't like Russians we are disliked by everyone, they all come here to get drunk and behave badly" obviously he is not one of them!!

Unbelievable. You say you have no problem with people being shirtless in a restaurant, and then you have the cheek to call all Russians tacky!!

Even before you get to Mcdonalds, just walking down the street with no top on is classless and crass IMO.

Where I come from the vast majority of people that walk down the high street with no top on are carrying a can of 9% beer and have a bull terrier with them. That says everything you need to know.

Obviously walking down a beach road in Phuket and a High street in the UK is a bit different, but doing it in a restaurant or shopping centre is the same wherever you are in the world. bah.gif

Unbelievable. You say you have no problem with people being shirtless in a restaurant, and then you have the cheek to call all Russians tacky!!

Even before you get to Mcdonalds, just walking down the street with no top on is classless and crass IMO.

Where I come from the vast majority of people that walk down the high street with no top on are carrying a can of 9% beer and have a bull terrier with them. That says everything you need to know.

Obviously walking down a beach road in Phuket and a High street in the UK is a bit different, but doing it in a restaurant or shopping centre is the same wherever you are in the world. bah.gif

I could not have posted better!! it's nice to know some people share my dislike of these common inconsiderate people.

I knew it wouldn't be long before the moral police showed up trawling for a debate.

It's phuket, a beach destination and it attracts the bottom feeding tourist that is into sun, booze and sex and it always will be.

I see shirtless people everywhere, even walking in the supermarket but I put it down either no self respect or consideration for others. I see other examples of lack of consideration for others daily but i let it be as it doesn't affect me greatly.

Russians seem to be the biggest offenders of this shirtless horror experienced by us. I seen guys in a Speedo in jugceylon drunk at 10pm. Just like he strolled off the beach. I didn't see centre managment complaining as he wandered around.

Another example. Villa supermarket there was a lady in a bikini who was also Russian. I didn't see anyone complaining even though it wasn't appropriate attire for shopping. She had a great body and I doubt there was a complaint seeing it was good to look at but seeing that Kenny saw a fat man it caused instant outrage to warrant a rant on thaivisa. Would it been the same if a young blonde bird was strutting in her bikini in McDonald's? Doubt it.

Kenny has a history of looking and describing men on his travels. I remember a thread where he was talking about men in Speedos ( budgie smugglers) and not having a good body.

Edited by LivinginKata
inflammatory comment removed

Sorry, Russian is not a race. But you knew that, right? wink.png

As far as McDonald's, who actually eats that crap anyway. Have some respect for your body. Reminds me of a line out of the Jimmy Buffet song named Fruitcakes, "I treat my body like a temple, you treat yours like a tent".

At the end of the day, there are fruitcakes everywhere. Some don't see fit to where a shirt where others think their cultural standards should apply no matter where they are in the world. Go figure. thumbsup.gif

Edited by KeyserSoze01

IMO its about showing a bit of respect and its also unhygenic.This is one of the things that totally pisses me off in Phuket these days.One thing is these fools walking around the streeets...no problem.But when you`re having a meal and the neighbouring table are occupied with sweaty farangs not wearing shirts it ruins everything.

I swear to God that if I ever have the possibility to become invisible and armed with a knife,the streets of Phuket would be knee deep with the blood from these fools laugh.png !!!

Why is it unhygienic?

what about if it had of been a fit young girl with the smallest of bikini's on chomping on her Mcs**t, i bet the OP opinion changes then, but to some religious group that would just be as offensive, whats next???, a bloke with a thong on is a idiot, a fit girl with the same thong on is a sex kitten, but if she's well over weight she then becomes a idiot, back to the original OP comments, if the guy in Mc D's had a stunning girl with him, dressed in gear that the OP appreciated and related to, it would never crop up about whats appropriate. i agree there's a time and place for appropriate dress codes, but in Mc D's come on, if a guy was in a top restaurant paying 30,000B but dressed in flip flops, T shirt and shorts, when everyone else is in formal wear, should he be allowed to stay????

what about if it had of been a fit young girl with the smallest of bikini's on chomping on her Mcs**t, i bet the OP opinion changes then, but to some religious group that would just be as offensive, whats next???, a bloke with a thong on is a idiot, a fit girl with the same thong on is a sex kitten, but if she's well over weight she then becomes a idiot, back to the original OP comments, if the guy in Mc D's had a stunning girl with him, dressed in gear that the OP appreciated and related to, it would never crop up about whats appropriate. i agree there's a time and place for appropriate dress codes, but in Mc D's come on, if a guy was in a top restaurant paying 30,000B but dressed in flip flops, T shirt and shorts, when everyone else is in formal wear, should he be allowed to stay????

If he was spending 30,000 baht at a restaurant in Phuket I imagine they would allow him to come in a womens nighty if he wanted,

If he was spending 30,000 baht at a restaurant in Phuket I imagine they would allow him to come in a womens nighty if he wanted,

well said, you'd be amazed, i think 30k might be a bit extreme but there are some heavy priced tagged restaurants, as my dad used to say "up north", the 30k figure is really to say should the restaurant allow you in or does money change that, oh and would the OP be offended in all the small thai shops where the thai guys are sitting topless with a sarong around them