New "goodnet" Adsl From Pacfic Internet

pete66

I see Pacific Internet have launched a new ADSL package called "GoodNet". The site page is only Thai language, but by the looks of it, you can get unlimited use 512/256 ADSL for just 1500B per month.

I have TA phone, but can't seem to find any details whether it works with TA or not.

If anyone has this package installed and would like to comment on how well it works, whether it has unlimited international access, please do!

Thanks,

seem like there's no reply to this post, i also like to know more about this GoodNet

ADSL with 512/256 for only 1500month unlimited international or local unlimited.

(If I got it translated correctly)

- VAT not included

- ADSL Fee not included (TA/CAT)

So, it should work with TA, but you have to add X,XXX THB for the ADSL connection.

The price mentioned is only for the Internet Access (unlimited international).

If someone can read the entire page ... let us know.

The ADSL service providers get between 1,500 and 2,000 Baht/month for 512/256 kbps. YMMV. The difficulty is the actual throughput that can be expected from such as service. Past experience makes it easy to keep my hopes down.

Yes, it's me again, PlanetMan, Thailand's unofficial Broadband Pessimist.

It would be interesting to know, but maybe difficult to learn, what is the "Engineering ratio" with which Pacific Internet supports this service. The Engineering Ratio is the amount they concentrate the CAT bandwidth they resell.

It works like this. ISPs buy bandwidth from CAT, say, a 2 Mbps international circuit, then they sell a potential 30 Mbps to consumers. This yields a 15:1 Engineering Ratio, and is what "HomePack" ADSL receives. Corporate Pack ADSL uses a smaller Engineering ratio, and sells the service for a much higher price. I haven't been able to learn what is the exact Engineering Ratio, but the large price difference between "Home Pack" and "Corporate Pack" can be seen on most ISP web sites.

Although compared to ADSL in other countries, Thailand ADSL has, um, bird flu, or something. ADSL still is usually faster than dial-u. When speed is the primary consideration, the price feels less burdensome.

Anyone have a pal working in the technical department of Pacific Internet (or any other ISP) could tell what Engineering Ratio thay use for this new service? Or for Corporate Pack ADSL?

Cheers

I see Pacific Internet have launched a new ADSL package called "GoodNet". The site page is only Thai language, but by the looks of it, you can get unlimited use 512/256 ADSL for just 1500B per month.

i thought it was too good to be true :o