Bicycles On Bus From Pattaya To Bkk?

mitchell44

I haven't done Pattaya - Bkk, but I did take my road bike on a bus from Krabi to Surat. I had to check with the ticket office to see which bus would have room for it, but it wasn't hard to set it up. The luggage compartment on larger buses is plenty big enough to put the bike in, no taking apart. Just make sure there's enough room that nothing will be jammed against it. They were really good about that, it was no problem.

I haven't done Pattaya - Bkk, but I did take my road bike on a bus from Krabi to Surat. I had to check with the ticket office to see which bus would have room for it, but it wasn't hard to set it up. The luggage compartment on larger buses is plenty big enough to put the bike in, no taking apart. Just make sure there's enough room that nothing will be jammed against it. They were really good about that, it was no problem.

I wrote the Pattaya bus company operating out of north Pattaya station (which receives from Ekkamai and Morchit amongst many others) and they replied in English that there's no charge for transporting bicycles and it's welcomed. All aboard!

It can be done, but it is not that easy... Done it many times, also from Pattaya:

Firstly, the one who calls the final shot is always the driver.

If you ask at the ticket counter, you might get the wrong answer. It can depend on the bus type, the capacity and wheather they expect the luggage compartment to be full with luggage from other passengers. I always seek out the bus to be taken in the parking lot and try to find the driver. Then of course... money talks!

Expect to pay around a hundred Baht for the bike to BKK.

The government Transport Company busses from along Sukhumvit (Not Roong Ruang) have about the same policy. Lately I came across a bus what was converted to run on Natural Gas, with 5 huge gas tanks in the luggage compartment. No chance there to get a bike in.

And by the way, on long distance busses, particular those high one - and a half deckers I never accounted any probs. The bike travels standing up.