Bills not aimed at getting Thaksin his money back: PM

Lite Beer

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the last bit about him being away for 8 years etc. The ONLY thing stopping Thaksin from returning to Thailand is........Thaksin.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

If they miss each other so much, why is it that they avoid contact while outside the country, to the point where one won't stay overnight when their sibling is arriving the next day?

Sent from my Cray XT5-HE

Apparently she can't count either. Thaksin fled the country almost exactly FOUR years ago (last Olympic Games in China), and not 8.

Also wondering why these journalists never have the guts to ask tough questions like, for example: "How do you suppose that a bill that absolves all crimes allegedly connected to politics will bring about reconciliation? Does this not send the wrong signal that it's alright to commit allegedly politically-motivated crimes, because sooner or later there will be tabled yet another reconciliation bill?"

Or: "Since it is obvious that a lot of people oppose the bill because they think it will primarily benefit Thaksin, why does the bill not include a clause along the lines of 'The provisions of this bill do not include fugitives from the law" or something similar?"

I guess she prepared for those questions by stating that she hasn't read the bills,she seems to be very good at not knowing anything.

Anyway,can you imagine a leader of a country publicly announcing,we are drafting a new constitution but I leave that to my staff.

In any civilised country that would last you another 24 hours before you were ousted.

Ooops,shouldn't have used the word civilised in this context.

Edited by pipo1000

Wasn't it Abhisit who insisted a vote for PTP was a vote for Thaksin....and didn't all you guys fully agree.........

Well the votes rolled in.....smile.png ......and here we are whistling.gif

But isn't it so that all those guys don't have a vote?smile.png

Wasn't it Abhisit who insisted a vote for PTP was a vote for Thaksin....and didn't all you guys fully agree.........

I'm pretty sure Abhisit can vote:D

I thought Geo was talking about guy's on this forum?

You think he would have gained a higher total? w00t.gif ........from The Tvisa guys above..if they could vote...can you read? blink.png

He was. I was joking :D

I was......they didn't vote.....neither did Abhisit vote PTP.....but many did......and as Abhisit said......and here we are......another great circular discussion the core of the news section input....

You think he would have gained a higher total? w00t.gif ........from The Tvisa guys above..if they could vote...can you read? blink.png

So what was the point of your post,you think any of the people who voted Thaksin PTP read this forum?

Let me help you with that.

The majority of people who voted that way can't read at all, let's stand an English language forum.

Edited by pipo1000

So what was the point of your post,you think any of the people who voted Thaksin PTP read this forum?

The majority of people who voted that way can't read at all, let's stand an English language forum.

I think saying the majority cannot read is taking an extreme angle. Don't confuse NOT reading with cannot read.

granted IF Thailand in general had better news reporters then it would be easier to actually read what they call newspapers in this country.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

The point of my post was to point out that Abhisit insisted a vote for PTP was a vote for Thaksin, the core message in his failed election campaign.......and the votes rolled in for PTP....as for your following comment regarding the language skills of PTP voters.......perhaps the ballot forms were not in English........which brings me to think if the Tvisa guys above did have a vote......yes there is perhaps a real chance the Thaksin vote would have increased...cheesy.gif .

Edited by 473geo

I think saying the majority cannot read is taking an extreme angle. Don't confuse NOT reading with cannot read.

granted IF Thailand in general had better news reporters then it would be easier to actually read what they call newspapers in this country.

You're right about that,I should have used the word uneducated.

A scathing comment regarding Thai people, specifically PTP voters..........makes you wonder does it not......if all the educated people in Thailand are Democrats, why do they not carry the reasoning ability to advise the voters of their ability to govern? I mean it is not as if they have been close to getting elected for quite some time, would appear education is just not enough...

A scathing comment regarding Thai people, specifically PTP voters..........makes you wonder does it not......if all the educated people in Thailand are Democrats, why do they not carry the reasoning ability to advise the voters of their ability to govern? I mean it is not as if they have been close to getting elected for quite some time, would appear education is just not enough...

Don't try to put my words in a different context.We all know that uneducated people believe in the porkies told to them.

So maybe you could offer all readers onhere the proof of any of the amazing,miracle,unbelievable, election promises made by PTP that have been brought into reality.

Don't try to put my words in a different context.We all know that uneducated people believe in the porkies told to them.

So maybe you could offer all readers onhere the proof of any of the amazing,miracle,unbelievable, election promises made by PTP that have been brought into reality.

But that is not the issue here, the issue here is that following the coup, following the banning of his political party and himself for 5 years, laying criminal charges and obtaining a conviction, chasing him around the world, the Democrats could not finalise the expulsion..............somehow the democrats have also failed to convince the voters they are the government of choice....with the staggering result that barring last minute street demonstrations your 'educated' democrats, having failed to get their act together, were on the verge of the inconceivable achievement of allowing Thaksin to walk right in through the front door.....

Edited by 473geo

^ #109 473geo

"But that is not the issue here, the issue here is that following the coup, following the banning of his political party and himself for 5 years, laying criminal charges and obtaining a conviction, chasing him around the world, the Democrats could not finalise the expulsion.."

The issue here is our PM saying that the bill she didn't read is not about getting Thaksin back his money. That's something I could even believe, that is it's not the main issue.

^ #109 473geo

"But that is not the issue here, the issue here is that following the coup, following the banning of his political party and himself for 5 years, laying criminal charges and obtaining a conviction, chasing him around the world, the Democrats could not finalise the expulsion.."

The issue here is our PM saying that the bill she didn't read is not about getting Thaksin back his money. That's something I could even believe, that is it's not the main issue.

Well for the whole tenure of office, her approach has either confused the Democrats completely, or they have been taken to the wire on this one before they were prepared, not very smart on either account......GK summed it up, the democrats should have been prepared to instigate due legal process, not panic,not disrupt parliament, and certainly not feel the need to fall back on street protest....their credibility is brought into question yet again

^ #109 473geo

Well for the whole tenure of office, her approach has either confused the Democrats completely, or they have been taken to the wire on this one before they were prepared, not very smart on either account......GK summed it up, the democrats should have been prepared to instigate due legal process, not panic,not disrupt parliament, and certainly not feel the need to fall back on street protest....their credibility is brought into question yet again

Sorry geo, I don't want to go into what either you or GK think the approach of the PM has been. I'm merely saying that regarding the topic it does seem somewhat strange or even hilarious to have the PM say that a bill she hasn't read is not aimed at getting k. Thaksin (oh and by the way herself) some money back.

BTW I first replied with "^ #109" because I was still in Opera browser which doesn't like the TVF frontend. Now switched to firefox wai.gif

^ #109 473geo

Sorry geo, I don't want to go into what either you or GK think the approach of the PM has been. I'm merely saying that regarding the topic it does seem somewhat strange or even hilarious to have the PM say that a bill she hasn't read is not aimed at getting k. Thaksin (oh and by the way herself) some money back.

BTW I first replied with "^ #109" because I was still in Opera browser which doesn't like the TVF frontend. Now switched to firefox wai.gif

Actually Rubl it does not appear strange at all......in fact given her continued avoidance of any potentially 'difficult' areas .......a keen and astute follower of recent Thai politics might be forgiven for thinking her reaction was to be expected....

^ #109 473geo

Well for the whole tenure of office, her approach has either confused the Democrats completely, or they have been taken to the wire on this one before they were prepared, not very smart on either account

It can be quite difficult to have a debate with an opponent that never shows up.

^ #109 473geo

Actually Rubl it does not appear strange at all......in fact given her continued avoidance of any potentially 'difficult' areas .......a keen and astute follower of recent Thai politics might be forgiven for thinking her reaction was to be expected....

There's a difference in 'performing one's duty' and 'reaction as expected'. So back to the topic and in 'free style' interpretation "you should believe me, I'm smiling nicely" smile.png

^ #109 473geo

Well for the whole tenure of office, her approach has either confused the Democrats completely, or they have been taken to the wire on this one before they were prepared, not very smart on either account

It can be quite difficult to have a debate with an opponent that never shows up.

Not another tactic that has totally flummoxed the opposition.....poor souls....Abhisit can't show off his debating skills.....crying.gifpassifier.gif

I love the last bit about him being away for 8 years etc. The ONLY thing stopping Thaksin from returning to Thailand is........Thaksin.

He could have returned any time he wanted, his jail cell is still waiting for him.

sometimes i get so very tired when reading on this forum.

^ #109 473geo

Not another tactic that has totally flummoxed the opposition.....poor souls....Abhisit can't show off his debating skills.....crying.gifpassifier.gif

Yea we all know debates are worthless in a democracy. whistling.gif

• Like 2

There's a difference in 'performing one's duty' and 'reaction as expected'. So back to the topic and in 'free style' interpretation "you should believe me, I'm smiling nicely" smile.png

Don't tell me now her smile is throwing the opposition......what next?