Manchester United

redrus

I take my hat of to you reds. You had absolutely no right to get anything from that game having been outplayed for 75 minutes. Great advert again for the EPL. Well played Villa - thrilling stuff.

Arsenal fan (who wishes the Gunners were as good at lost causes)

I take my hat of to you reds. You had absolutely no right to get anything from that game having been outplayed for 75 minutes. Great advert again for the EPL. Well played Villa - thrilling stuff.

Thanks mate was almost worth going 2 down just to see us come back like that.

We are carrying to many players right now i will not name names but we all know who they are.

All credit to villa they played well in the end happy with a draw.

We are carrying to many players right now i will not name names but we all know who they are.

Its most of them isnt it bar the centre backs? these outstanding youngsters Ferguson claims Man U have need a few top players to learn off, without Rooney there isnt anything top class in midfield or upfront.

Cracking game though including the first half despite what the commentator said.

Its most of them isnt it bar the centre backs? these outstanding youngsters Ferguson claims Man U have need a few top players to learn off, without Rooney there isnt anything top class in midfield or upfront.

Cracking game though including the first half despite what the commentator said.

Great entertainment especially the last half hour. Villa should have buried you at least twice over and more....full credit for pulling a draw out of the bag. Great finish to a thrilling game.

Thanks to both sides for this one! :)

Correct - without Rooney tracking back or Scholes playing Mr distributor, MU's midfield is on a par with Arsenal's defence without Vermaelen, khrap.

Agree with Englander about the first half - absorbing - dunno what the commentators were watching!

Edited by SantiSuk

Lucky to get anything.

Park_rating -2, even is awful hair kep falling over to one side when a villa player came near.

Berba_-1, guess he is pacing himself

Fletch and carrick - 0, confused the two villa rookie cm's for xavi and inesita

Back 4, -1, ok villa are fast but come on!

Nani-1, did nothing until he switched to the left.

SAF +2, had the balls to yank off berba and little pea, but left park on for what?

Team: - 0: no shots on target for 80 mins_this is United, not wigan, no desire until two down.

Lucky to get anything.

Park_rating -2, even is awful hair kep falling over to one side when a villa player came near.

SAF +2, had the balls to yank off berba and little pea, but left park on for what?

Team: - 0: no shots on target for 80 mins_this is United, not wigan, no desire until two down.

Would suggest you let someone else take the corners. At the moment teams can forget about marking and simply leave a defender on the near post! :D

Lucky to get anything.

He took the lazy bastard off and Chico and then took Park off to put Smalling at centre forward............that is when we where at are best!!....a few marbles rolling around Villa Park,i still cant work it all out??

Lucky to get anything.

Bit harsh on Parky there James. I know you are no fan of the lad and last night wasn't his best ever performance, but over the last few games he has been one of our best players and the fact that he puts himself about and actually looks like he gives a shit means something to me. Put it this way, there are other players out there more deserving of a rocket up the backside. Apparently SAF is calling in Tevez to administer. Front of the queue you go Berba.

(well played to the Villa btw)

Rooney news thrills ex-Reds-MUFC

Former United players give their reactions to the news that Wayne is staying:

Denis Irwin

"Everybody has a favourite metaphor for Wayne Rooney’s face. Like a cloud formation, we all see something different when we gaze at it. For some it’s a gnarled breed of terrier. For some, Shrek. To my eyes, it’s food. I see the healthy jaw, that delicious ampersand of a nose, and cannot but imagine succulence. Rooney’s face is an entire meal, albeit one of dangerously low nutritional value."

JONATHAN LIEW

Daily Telegraph

:blink:

Rooney news thrills ex-Reds-MUFC

Former United players give their reactions to the news that Wayne is staying:

Denis Irwin

"Everybody has a favourite metaphor for Wayne Rooney's face. Like a cloud formation, we all see something different when we gaze at it. For some it's a gnarled breed of terrier. For some, Shrek. To my eyes, it's food. I see the healthy jaw, that delicious ampersand of a nose, and cannot but imagine succulence. Rooney's face is an entire meal, albeit one of dangerously low nutritional value."

JONATHAN LIEW

Daily Telegraph

:blink:

He really should stop eating hot dogs from Little Chef. ;)

On behalf of all Man Utd fans on this thread we would like to apologize for any confusion that has arisen over the talent, ability and commitment of Berbatov.

Obviously initial comments such as 'complete waste of space' 'lazy slob' 'overpaid crap' were taken to heart by many who subsequently declared he was an 'unmitigated genius' 'greatest player on earth' and furthermore emphasized that those who had doubted his talents should 'hang their heads in shame' as well as write a 'personal letter of apology' to SAF for doubting his ability to pick the finest talent available.

To clarify matters on behalf of all fans we would like to point out that while Berbatov clearly is an 'unmitigated genius' at some points in time and possibly in the future he also does appear to be a 'useless lazy fuc_ker' on others.

As a by the by, commentators were raving about Albrighton and although i know some consideration needs to be given for how young he is, i actually thought he was pretty wasteful. He had some clear chances which had he taken really would have sunk us. Perhaps the Villa have a lower expectation from their strikers. If so, we have a Bulgarian that might interest them...

On behalf of all Man Utd fans on this thread we would like to apologize for any confusion that has arisen over the talent, ability and commitment of Berbatov.

Obviously initial comments such as 'complete waste of space' 'lazy slob' 'overpaid crap' were taken to heart by many who subsequently declared he was an 'unmitigated genius' 'greatest player on earth' and furthermore emphasized that those who had doubted his talents should 'hang their heads in shame' as well as write a 'personal letter of apology' to SAF for doubting his ability to pick the finest talent available.

To clarify matters on behalf of all fans we would like to point out that while Berbatov clearly is an 'unmitigated genius' at some points in time and possibly in the future he also does appear to be a 'useless lazy fuc_ker' on others.

:cheesy:

As a by the by, commentators were raving about Albrighton and although i know some consideration needs to be given for how young he is, i actually thought he was pretty wasteful. He had some clear chances which had he taken really would have sunk us. Perhaps the Villa have a lower expectation from their strikers. If so, we have a Bulgarian that might interest them...

Agree - he needs some work on his finishing, but if he can get that right he's a future star. Fast and delivers accurate quick ball and repeatedly arrives in the six yard box with great perspicacity (I can't believe I just used that word in a football thread).

Agree - he needs some work on his finishing, but if he can get that right he's a future star.

As a striker, saying that he just needs some work on his finishing, is a bit like saying of a goal keeper that he just needs some work on his saving. Well, kind of. laugh.gif

Fast and delivers accurate quick ball and repeatedly arrives in the six yard box with great perspicacity (I can't believe I just used that word in a football thread).

Any word that has "city" in it, is a word that's not welcome round these parts. biggrin.gif

Glazers to pay off PIK loan

£220million loan expected to be paid with owners' own money

Last updated: 16th November 2010 Sky Sports

Manchester United owners the Glazer family are reportedly ready to pay off £220million of debt.

According to a voluntary free-payment notice, the Glazers' holding company Red Football Joint Venture will settle the high-interest payment-in-kind (PIK) loan next week.

It is expected that the Glazers will use their own money, and not the club's, to settle the debt, which will leave the £526million bond agreed earlier this year as the Red Devils' sole debt.

Joel Glazer, the co-chairman of Red Football, has signed the document which has been sent to the holders of the loan, who are mainly hedge funds.

The document says Red Football will "pre-pay 100% of the outstanding loan on November 22".

Comfortable

The move may help to reassure United fans who have been concerned about the debt burden on the club after chief executive David Gill last month insisted supporters should not be unduly worried by the figures.

Gill said: "I can't speak for any other club, but the United fans should not be concerned.

"We have a long-term financing structure in place, excellent revenues that are growing, we are controlling our costs - total wages are 46% of turnover - and we can afford the interest on our long-term finance.

"In our opinion if something changed in the ownership this club will survive and continue - it is covering the financing cost more than adequately.

"We still have cash to invest in players and to give good contracts to players and we are comfortable with the business mode

Hhhhhhmmmmm.....! <_<

redrus

What can you say after a performance like that we was shocking but still managed a win.

A good weekend of results for us and now joint top.

Just as well they were down to nine methinks.

Unbeaten run marches on. biggrin.gif

Utd are a particularily good side by their standards of recent years but with SAF at the helm you will always challenge for the title.

What can you say after a performance like that we was shocking but still managed a win.

A good weekend of results for us and now joint top.

Just as well they were down to nine methinks.

Unbeaten run marches on. biggrin.gif

Utd are a particularily good side by their standards of recent years but with SAF at the helm you will always challenge for the title.

I think i meant "are NOT a particularily good side by their standards of recent years" ;)

I think i meant "are NOT a particularily good side by their standards of recent years" ;)

I thought that is what you meant so did not pick you up on it mate,and i agree we are very stale and if not for letting in two late goals at everton and vds clanger v wba we could be 4 points ahead.

Scarry really we have not hit top gear and we are level top it is a funny league this season and i think it is very exciting league at the moment.

We never have hit top gear until xmas this year is no different!

Carmine by our standards we are just a good side at the moment ;) the nice thing for all reds is that there is so much to improve upon and we are still undefeated and in all competitions :D

I've been surprised by your side.....mind you yis played well against us as usual. :(

I wonder if you have the extra gear this year tho.....time will tell.

Cheers Rus a good start to the day that......Simply the BEST!!!

No worries pal.

"Pele said George was Best.....!"

redrus

Strange, i was always under the impression he said Bobby Moore was..

Thats just silly, it doesn't even work, "Pele said Bobby was Moore"......! Nah, you're mistaken there pal...! ;)

PS; 25th November, George Best Day. Five years gone but never forgotten.

redrus

Edited by redrus