Manchester United

redrus

First of all I will like to thank some blues I know, not of here but childhood pals who after what happened in Manchester came out and said they want united to win to give Manchester a lift, hats off lads!!.

Second I don't think Mred will be making and appearance he was still getting bladders on the piss at 6am Thai time.

And finally it has not been pretty to watch at times but we have achieved what we set out to do get back in the champions league and along the way pick up a few trophies.

And to all supporters on here enjoy you break from football its been great banter!!!!.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Congrats.

Loved your post Sparkles...

"...Most Reds have given up coming here as its difficult to have an intelligent debate without the haters and their one liners...

...If United  happen to win, or lose the usual suspects will be on here whining , or mocking, United. Its what makes this forum at times about anything but football and is like a bunch of old womans shelling peas..."

So true and the reason some decent posters have departed here. Your post really makes me consider whether I can be bothered anymore on here after 11 years...

The funny thing is Trigg that some of that is probably aimed at you  :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

8 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Well petermilk you could well be left holding the baton on this forum next season. I have tried to get fellow footballers I know involved and when they see some of the posts they say"why would you bother.

Well Sparkles, I hope you decide to stick around. There is quite a bit of dross on the forum but some valuable contributions as well. You add to the latter. As for the rubbish, blocking works well for me.

Cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Well petermilk you could well be left holding the baton on this forum next season. I have tried to get fellow footballers I know involved and when they see some of the posts they say"why would you bother"

What eventuated last night in a drab game was the only way United would get back in the CL.They did it to a tee and the City of Manchester got a lift

United simply suffocated Ajax who had 67 % possession but the not the ability to breakthrough.Wayne Rooney could have played 90 mins in goal.It wasnt pretty but it was effective.

Looking at the player ratings this morning Pogba and Fellaini scored high and I totally agree Ajax seemed unable to deal with their physical prescence and after hitting the post 8 times this year Pogba finally got a break with a deflected goal.

The medal presentation set a record for players on crutches but nice to see Zlatan walk unaided.

I wish there was a team format where it was compulsory for teams to field a certain number of players that have come through the Academy but the method escapes me.I look at the likes of Tueznabe, Fonsu, Harrop, Peirara,Mitchell,Gomes and others and the last thing they need is to be sitting in the stands

I thought you was a ref sparks ?  and why would you want to get fellow footballers involved ?

2 hours ago, balo said:

Ajax made it easy for you but congrats and see you in CL. 

Or we made it difficult for them, a very solid defensive display by us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nev said:

Or we made it difficult for them, a very solid defensive display by us.

Yes, you ceded possession quite happily and made Ajax blunt.  

I read somewhere that 50m sponsorship money hung on the win as well so in this final it was a case of "however way you needed to do it" , despite the type of game people might want to watch.

With all that hung on the result it was a very competent performance, and now in the CL it will surely open the door to some big signings.

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester United won't offer Zlatan Ibrahimovic new deal to stay - sources

Ad (0:05)

Alejandro Moreno contemplates Zlatan Ibrahimovic's future after reports suggest Man United won't offer him a new deal.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is not expected to be offered a new contract by Manchester United, sources have told ESPN FC.

The striker's current one-year deal is set to expire on June 30 and with no new agreement in place he is unlikely to be on United's list of retained players when it is published by the Premier League on Friday.

Ibrahimovic, 35, had an impressive season at Old Trafford, scoring 28 goals in 46 games following his free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain, but his campaign was cut short by a knee ligament injury during the Europa League quarterfinal with Anderlecht on April 20.

Despite undergoing successful surgery in the United States in May, Ibrahimovic is not expected to return until January at the earliest. Sources have said United have decided it does not make economic sense to continue to pay Ibrahimovic reported wages of more than £300,000-a-week with no prospect of him playing for at least the first five months of the season.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Zlatan Ibrahimovic may have played his last game for Manchester United.

Doubts over Ibrahimovic's long-term future have already affected Jose Mourinho's summer transfer plans.

Interest in Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann has cooled in favour of signing an established No. 9 to replace Ibrahimovic.

Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata and Torino's Andrea Belotti are on the list of targets, along with Romelu Lukaku, but the latter is expected to return to Chelsea if they can agree a fee with Everton.

Alexandre Lacazette at Lyon is considered a back-up option after his proposed move to Atletico Madrid fell through because the Spanish club were banned by FIFA from signing players until 2018.

Ibrahimovic has been linked with a move to MLS side LA Galaxy. However, his agent, Mino Raiola, has said his client would prefer to find another team in Europe if his time at United is brought to an end.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 11:19 AM, wilai said:

Jose being done for tax fraud of 3.3m euros by the Spanish. He'll try anything to get back in Ronaldo's good books:wink:

Wrong........on both counts :whistling:

On 28/06/2017 at 4:24 AM, mrbojangles said:

They aren't old enough for his taste

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

He only used the "granny" to learn...........now with his new hair its the young ones he,s after :clap2:

Some journalist was having a go at Mourinio for signing Lindelof instead of Keane, stating its because of Mourinio not trusting younger players, I do wish the prick would do some research before Lindelof is two years younger than Keane <deleted>.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rumour. Rooney being used as a make weight in a deal for lukaku.

Heard so many rumors about us, all I can say is when the window closes that's our team and squad until January.

If Rooney goes there we will have to subsides his wages, might not be a bad idea as he has lost it and will not get much game time with us, maybe going back to his boyhood club will rejuvenate him.

On 06/07/2017 at 9:43 AM, nev said:

Heard so many rumors about us, all I can say is when the window closes that's our team and squad until January.

If Rooney goes there we will have to subsides his wages, might not be a bad idea as he has lost it and will not get much game time with us, maybe going back to his boyhood club will rejuvenate him.

Yh nice reminder for his Mrs too when she bumps into the old granny he was doing, in iceland.

just realized that lukaku who man u signed is the belgian center forward who in the euro 2016 couldnt get a shot on target never mind score.

if you see before the belgium v wales game i said,if he plays it will be like wales playing against 10.

he did play and wales won 3-0.