Manchester United

redrus

With the addition of just one name, things look more rosy for next season already.......

Mata

Kagawa

Carrick

Januzaj

Rooney

VanPersie

Plus more to come.....

United in decline, just for one season..... Lol ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

With the addition of just one name, things look more rosy for next season already.......

Mata

Kagawa

Carrick

Januzaj

Rooney

VanPersie

Plus more to come.....

United in decline, just for one season..... Lol wink.png

With a different manager i'm sure you are right. With a different manager managing the league champions you would probably have been alright this season.

Thing is, replacing Moyes has become a very difficult process. Theres all his back room staff firmly entrenched and they would have to go and then theres a ludicrous six year contract......no, he'll stay unless the Glaziers want to take a massive hit paying him off. Keeping Moyes will probably be dressed up as stability but in reality its a financial must do. Whoever sanctioned a stupid and unnecessary six year contract is a blithering idiot. United is a big enough club to have called the shots on his contract surely and if they willingly gave him a six year it was sheer madness.

Ofcourse he'll fail to get anything like the best out of those quality players and United will remain, wallowing in mediocrity. Moyes' game plan consists of "get the ball to RVP or Rooney and fingers crossed"and that won't cut it. You will always be pre Martinez Everton "no mata"smile.png who you buy

When United are financially in a position to part with Moyes who would be on your shortlist? I suppose the obvious name would be Jurgen Klopp if he could be prized away. He's the perfect fit wouldn't you say?

^

Wow, thanks for that Carms but, I know your feelings re Moyes already, you've spent the last 6 ish months telling us.

I totally disagree. (You know that already)

See how quick that was... Move on to something new mate, seriously.

redrus

• Like 2

^

Wow, thanks for that Carms but, I know your feelings re Moyes already, you've spent the last 6 ish months telling us.

I totally disagree. (You know that already)

See how quick that was... Move on to something new mate, seriously.

redrus

Fair enough. Each to their own and i we all have our different take on things. I for one was always in support of Villas-Boas when others would routinely come on to the Spurs thread to slate him. So be it, we agree to disagree. I know there are many of you that are giving your full backing to Mr Moyes. Apart from the obvious one that you should always back your manager what i don't understand is why and on what evidence any of you feel he is taking you anywhere other than mediocrity. All i'm really interested in Rus is an explanation from any of you. what sign have any of you seen so far to suggest his appointment is anything other than a monumental error of judgement?

Mata

Kagawa

Carrick

Januzaj

Rooney

VanPersie

Plus more to come.....

United in decline, just for one season..... Lol wink.png

where's fellaini?

• Like 2

Apart from the obvious one that you should always back your manager what i don't understand is why and on what evidence any of you feel he is taking you anywhere other than mediocrity.

The reason why carmine is that we think he needs to be given more time than half a season. Half a season may be sufficient time for you and others to state with complete and utter certainty that he will be a failure, but for us, we knew that whoever came in to replace Sir Alex would face a massive task that would need patience and time, and we will give him it.

I appreciate that in this day and age, giving a manager anything more than five minutes to get things right, is very unfashionable, but as i have said before, i see no proof out there of the revolving door manager policy employed by so many other clubs, particularly bearing fruit... with the possible exception of those clubs that can afford to give every new incoming manager a blank cheque book and carte blanche to bring in a whole new squad. We can't, and long term, i think that's perhaps not such a bad thing.

• Like 2

Apart from the obvious one that you should always back your manager what i don't understand is why and on what evidence any of you feel he is taking you anywhere other than mediocrity.

The reason why carmine is that we think he needs to be given more time than half a season. Half a season may be sufficient time for you and others to state with complete and utter certainty that he will be a failure, but for us, we knew that whoever came in to replace Sir Alex would face a massive task that would need patience and time, and we will give him it.

I appreciate that in this day and age, giving a manager anything more than five minutes to get things right, is very unfashionable, but as i have said before, i see no proof out there of the revolving door manager policy employed by so many other clubs, particularly bearing fruit... with the possible exception of those clubs that can afford to give every new incoming manager a blank cheque book and carte blanche to bring in a whole new squad. We can't, and long term, i think that's perhaps not such a bad thing.

I appreciate you taking the time but it wasn't an answer to my question. I think Rus needs to understand that this situation will be under discussion and under the microscope because its the biggest job in English football. Compaired the absurd reaction towards AVB during his time at Spurs i think that David Moyes has been given a very easy ride.

Anyway, back to my question. Signs that he is thoroughly incapable are plentiful but what sign, if any, has he shown that he is in any way capable of dealing with the job? He just comes across as the Frank Spencer of football management. Now of course i agree its correct to stick by a manager for the longterm "if" he clearly shows signs of having what it takes to be successful in the job, but he simply doesn't. He's a slightly better version of Sam Alladyce and a club like Man United should be looking for a version of Guardiola or Klopp, or perhaps someone with european experience thats actually won something because beating newly relegated Wigan doesn't count in my book

Edited by carmine

Anyway, back to my question. Signs that he is thoroughly incapable are plentiful but what sign, if any, has he shown that he is in any way capable of dealing with the job?

The same signs that made him eligible for the job in the first place. The signs that everyone recognized and acknowledged(bar perhaps the Liverpool supporters of course), that have now been swiftly and conveniently forgotten.

On the Mata signing, i think to have done this sort of business in the winter window is really quite a coup. Notorious for being a time when you pay over the odds for something a bit desperate, i think we have paid a very fair price for a very decent player. Never imagined that Chelsea would allow it.

Let's hope now we can get rid of some dead wood.

• Like 1

On the Mata signing, i think to have done this sort of business in the winter window is really quite a coup. Notorious for being a time when you pay over the odds for something a bit desperate, i think we have paid a very fair price for a very decent player. Never imagined that Chelsea would allow it.

laugh.png 39m for a Chelsea reserve, the chavs must be pissing themselves whistling.gif

laugh.png 39m for a Chelsea reserve, the chavs must be pissing themselves whistling.gif

Well 37m sounded about market value to me. If the chavs are pissing themselves, jolly good for them.

Well 37m sounded about market value to me. If the chavs are pissing themselves, jolly good for them.

37 million sounds very much on the high side to me. And he doesn't seem to me much like a Moyes type player either. Not one to get stuck in.

Do you think Moyes is going to build a side around him? Have Carrick and Jones trying to protect him for example?

37 million sounds very much on the high side to me. And he doesn't seem to me much like a Moyes type player either. Not one to get stuck in.

Do you think Moyes is going to build a side around him? Have Carrick and Jones trying to protect him for example?

He's Premiership proven. That to me ups his value quite a bit. And how much did Chelsea pay for him? What was it, 23m? Something like that. And that was a few years ago. Prices have crept up since then, and plus, he has shown that he can cut it in this league. I think it is good business, especially as i didn't even think Chelsea would entertain the idea of selling him to us in the first place. As i say, if they are pissing themselves, good for them, but to be honest, that's not the impression i get from their fans myself.

They all seemed to like the idea of Mourinho coming back, so they can hardly complain if he gets rid of a flair player who doesn't fit into his concept of dour, efficient football.

Although one wonders if Mata will fit into Moyes concept of dour, inefficient football.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Blimey. I find myself liking one of Chiccy's posts. That's not happened for a while biggrin.png

Seriously though. How are Rooney and Mata gonna play together? Are they going to be joined at the hips?

I thought Mata coming in meant Rooney was on his way but that seems not to be the case now.

I think at £37m Utd has a good player and Chelsea got a good price, both winners in the deal. I'm sorry to see Mata go, but I understand the reasons for it. AND as unfashionable as it is, Chelsea should be admired in the way they let a player go where he wants to go and not force them abroad. Direct rival or not, the deal seems in everyone's best interest.

Regarding Moyes and AVB, ha ha ha, they are both terrible managers! Both seem incapable of changing a game, both think things conspire against them and both are rubbish.

Mata is a fantastic player, but why play him on the wing? He is so much better in the hole.

In that side, Rooney and Mata would be free to do what they like..... I can't do the old Andy Gray arrows etc.. ;)

redrus

Mata is a fantastic player, but why play him on the wing? He is so much better in the hole.

In that side, Rooney and Mata would be free to do what they like..... I can't do the old Andy Gray arrows etc.. ;)

redrus

Why not? C-. Must try harder.

:-)

• Like 1

In that side, Rooney and Mata would be free to do what they like..... I can't do the old Andy Gray arrows etc.. wink.png

That was the reason for my asking. Both Rooney and Mata are best in the middle IMO. Mata didn't fit in with Jose's formation cos when he played him on the wing, he couldn't track back. Maybe a 4-4-2 along side Carrick with Rooney and RVP up front?

According to Opta, he has created more chances in the Premier League in the last three seasons than anyone save Manchester City's David Silva. He is comfortable playing on either wing as well as in the number 10 role, delivers the ball superbly from set pieces and can pass the ball well short or long. Allied with that, he has excellent acceleration, which makes him dangerous on the counter-attack. He's very comfortable in a free role and, if he's going to get one thing given the current cavern in Manchester United's central midfield, it's freedom to roam.

-------- VanPersie ------

Januzaj <--------> Rooney <----------> Mata

--------- Carrick ------------ Fellaini --------

Evra ------ Jones ------- Vidic -------- Rafael

------------------- DeGea --------------------------

redrus

I think at £37m Utd has a good player and Chelsea got a good price, both winners in the deal. I'm sorry to see Mata go, but I understand the reasons for it. AND as unfashionable as it is, Chelsea should be admired in the way they let a player go where he wants to go and not force them abroad.

Don't be silly, no-one else was going to pay that for Mata and he's on 10% of it (he didn't ask for the transfer), so I'd imagine he wanted to move there as well.

rolleyes.gif

I think Mata played on the wing for Valencia, but he was so much more effective in the middle for us. If Utd play him there I think the top 4 spot is theirs more than I did before.

Summary, on the wing good. In the centre, great.