Manchester United

redrus

Has anyone seen or heard from Redrus ? It's been ages since he posted last (about the 21st Nov I think)

I trust our ordained & discerning member is OK - Come Home Red We Miss You

Awe, sweet.... :o

Has anyone seen or heard from Redrus ? It's been ages since he posted last (about the 21st Nov I think)

I trust our ordained & discerning member is OK - Come Home Red We Miss You

He went missing last year for while. Around April i think. Everyone worried about him. But he turned up again. He hasn't predicted in the comp for a while either. Must be some bender he's on. :D :D

Yeah, one or two....! :D

He hasn't predicted in the comp for a while either. Must be some bender he's on. :D:bah:

Typical united fan. They start to lose in a competition and then say it's cos they are concentrating on something else :bah:

Come back Red ;)

Jeez, nearly two bleeding months before anyone notices I've gone. Seems like theres no point going missing anymore....!

I should be back a lot more now although, I'll need a bit of time to settle back in. I feel like a stranger....! :o

redrus

Good result for United yesterday.

I thought we did our best, but it was just not good enough, but if we continue to battle away like that for the rest of the season we may just survive, but it is getting hot down there.

When we get praise from AF it makes me proud.......it's what being in the Premiership is all about

I should be back a lot more now although, I'll need a bit of time to settle back in. I feel like a stranger....! :o

You'll never be a stranger in here Red. Welcome back buddy.

What you been uo to?

Cheers pal..... :D

PM.

redrus

I hope no one does spoil it :o

from the beeb:-

Fans want Munich silence re-think

Manchester City's official supporters club has written to Manchester United to ask for applause to mark the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

A minute's silence is planned before the rivals' match at Old Trafford on 10 February to commemorate the 23 people who were killed in the plane crash.

But City fans feel applause would "drown out rather than highlight any idiot who does not show respect".

City have also urged their supporters to "uphold our good name".

Eight United stars and former City keeper Frank Swift were among those who lost their lives as a result of the crash, which happened on 6 February, 1958.

City's supporters group has written to both United and the Premier League ahead of the derby.

The letter says they "plead" with United to change their plans, adding: "Although there is some friendly rivalry between supporters of the two clubs, there is also a great deal of hatred.

"There will be some City fans who will not want to go along with the recognition of the disaster.

"We think it is obvious that if there is a minute's silence some fool will interrupt it and this will reflect very badly not only on Manchester City but on Manchester and football supporters in general."

However, United are believed to consider a minute's silence the most appropriate way to mark the anniversary of the disaster.

Manchester City's official stance is that they will support whatever decision United take.

They have also written to the 3,000 of their fans who have tickets for the derby to ask them to show respect.

The letter also points out that former City keeper Swift, who was working for the News of the World, was among those who died in the crash.

I hope no one does spoil it :o

from the beeb:-

Fans want Munich silence re-think

Manchester City's official supporters club has written to Manchester United to ask for applause to mark the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

A minute's silence is planned before the rivals' match at Old Trafford on 10 February to commemorate the 23 people who were killed in the plane crash.

But City fans feel applause would "drown out rather than highlight any idiot who does not show respect".

City have also urged their supporters to "uphold our good name".

Eight United stars and former City keeper Frank Swift were among those who lost their lives as a result of the crash, which happened on 6 February, 1958.

City's supporters group has written to both United and the Premier League ahead of the derby.

The letter says they "plead" with United to change their plans, adding: "Although there is some friendly rivalry between supporters of the two clubs, there is also a great deal of hatred.

"There will be some City fans who will not want to go along with the recognition of the disaster.

"We think it is obvious that if there is a minute's silence some fool will interrupt it and this will reflect very badly not only on Manchester City but on Manchester and football supporters in general."

However, United are believed to consider a minute's silence the most appropriate way to mark the anniversary of the disaster.

Manchester City's official stance is that they will support whatever decision United take.

They have also written to the 3,000 of their fans who have tickets for the derby to ask them to show respect.

The letter also points out that former City keeper Swift, who was working for the News of the World, was among those who died in the crash.

I can understand the reason for the request but a minutes applause is intended to celebrate the life of a player or ex player after he has died 'naturally' after a career entertaining the fans. It's not just about the eight United players that died so by marking the anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster with applause the crowd would effectively be celebrating the disaster, and that can't be right. 'The minutes silence' is a time to remember the disaster, not celebrate somebodys' life, and as such should be the only respectful way to remember it. Anybody disrespecting it should be made public and barred from all football grounds for life, after all there'll be enough cameras at the game to cover the entire crowd.

Edited by sumrit

I can understand the reason for the request but a minutes applause is intended to celebrate the life of a player or ex player after he has died 'naturally' after a career entertaining the fans. It's not just about the eight United players that died so by marking the anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster with applause the crowd would effectively be celebrating the disaster, and that can't be right. 'The minutes silence' is a time to remember the disaster, not celebrate somebodys' life, and as such should be the only respectful way to remember it. Anybody disrespecting it should be made public and barred from all football grounds for life, after all there'll be enough cameras at the game to cover the entire crowd.

Totally agree, if they are a <deleted> then they should be banned for life. Anyone disrespecting such a memorial is no fan of football, and I'd say the same if it was a United Fan acting like a tit at Anfield if it was a Hillsborough anniversery.

If you can't keep your mouth shut for 1 minute on such an ocassion then you really have no place in football.

The only problem is boys, there are some sick people out there. The city boards that i go on, are even worried that some united fans will infiltrate the city end (not in colours obviously) and make a noise just so it makes us look bad. You may think this is ridiculous but there really are some sick puppies out there :o

The only problem is boys, there are some sick people out there. The city boards that i go on, are even worried that some united fans will infiltrate the city end (not in colours obviously) and make a noise just so it makes us look bad. You may think this is ridiculous but there really are some sick puppies out there :o

Regardless, MrBoj, they have no place in the game. If they <deleted> up the it has to be a sine die ban, as they use in football admin terms.

The only problem is boys, there are some sick people out there. The city boards that i go on, are even worried that some united fans will infiltrate the city end (not in colours obviously) and make a noise just so it makes us look bad. You may think this is ridiculous but there really are some sick puppies out there :D

Hhhhmmm, not sure about that MrBoj, not sure about that at all....!

You were against this a few months ago mate does that still stand...? You were against it because it was against youz, it would've taken place whoever came out of the hat for Feb 10th. Its not a personal thing.! I still hope to be there, I hope it doesn't kick off though.... For once........ :o

redrus

Minutes Silence For Busby Babes

By redissue

United have announced plans to hold a minute's silence to mark the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

United are to play local rivals Manchester City at Old Trafford on 10th February and despite the visitors supporters club opting for a minute's applause United say they would rather have the one minutes' silence.

"Manchester United have given great thought to the best way of remembering those who died at Munich," United's communications director Phil Townsend told the club's official website.

"We feel a minute's silence is the most appropriate way of paying tribute.

"We do not feel that applause is appropriate given that 23 people died."

redrus

Anderson Named In Brazil Squad

By redissue

Luis de Abreu Anderson has been named in the Brazil squad for their forthcoming friendly against the Republic of Ireland.

The United midfielder has been selected in the 22-man Samba's squad for the game in Dublin on Wednesday, 6th February.

Full Brazil Squad: Julio Cesar (Internazionale), Renan (Internacional), Maicon (Internazionale), Rafinha (Schalke), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Breno (Bayern Munich), Luisao (Benfica), Alex (Chelsea), Kaka (Milan), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Josue (Wolfsburg), Lucas (Liverpool), Richarlyson (Sao Paulo), Anderson (Man Utd), Thiago Neves (Fluminense), Julio Baptista (Real Madrid); Robinho (Real Madrid), Luis Fabiano (Real Madrid), Rafael Sobis (Real Betis), Alexandre Pato (Milan).

Bardsley Signs For Black Cats

By redissue

Phil Bardsley has joined Premier League strugglers Sunderland.

The 22-year-old United defender has joined the Black Cats for a fee that could reach £2million and has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at The Stadium of Light.

"We needed to strengthen our defence and Phil is a good addition to the squad," Sunderland boss Roy Keane said of his latest recruit.

Bardsley came through the youth ranks at Old Trafford and made just 18 first team appearances during his 5 years with United.

He had loan spells at Glasgow Rangers, Aston Villa and most recently Sheffield United.

Phil Bardsley

Date of birth

Friday, 28th June 1985

Height

Place of birth; Salford, England

Weight 11.8

Nationality England

Position Defence

Recent Career History By Club (1999 onwards)

Team

Debut Apps (+ sub) Goals Yellows Reds

Sheffield United

20 Oct 2007 16 (0) 0 4 0

Manchester United

26 Sep 2007 1 (0) 0 0 0

Aston Villa

20 Jan 2007 13 (0) 0 1 0

Rangers

19 Aug 2006 7 (0) 1 2 1

Burnley

18 Mar 2006 6 (0) 0 1 0

Manchester United

03 Dec 2003 9 (8) 0 2 0

Recent Career History By Season (1999 onwards)

Season

First App. Apps (+ sub) Goals Yellows Reds

2007/2008

26 Sep 2007 17 (0) 0 4 0

2006/2007

19 Aug 2006 20 (0) 1 3 1

2005/2006

24 Aug 2005 14 (7) 0 2 0

2003/2004

03 Dec 2003 1 (1) 0 1 0

Appearances 52 (+ 8 as sub); Goals 1; Yellow cards 10; Red cards 1

redrus

Edited by redrus

The only problem is boys, there are some sick people out there. The city boards that i go on, are even worried that some united fans will infiltrate the city end (not in colours obviously) and make a noise just so it makes us look bad. You may think this is ridiculous but there really are some sick puppies out there :D

Hhhhmmm, not sure about that MrBoj, not sure about that at all....!

No i'm not sure either Red. I'm just relaying what is being said on the city boards, of which ALL want us to show the respect.

You were against this a few months ago mate does that still stand...? You were against it because it was against youz, it would've taken place whoever came out of the hat for Feb 10th. Its not a personal thing.! I still hope to be there, I hope it doesn't kick off though.... For once........ :o

I wasn't against a minutes silence at all Red. If you remember i was against the ten or 15 minute recording that they played before the derby match a few years back. Do you know which one i mean? To be honest i haven't a clue what it was about, just this guy mumbling on and on. After 5 or so minutes of this, the city fans started to get restless and in the end just started singing. It was that what i was opposing and not a simple keeping a minutes silence. I'll try and search for my post.

Here you go Red, this is what i actually said.

I was actually going on about the 10 minute thing. The players wer'nt even on the pitch and they started playing this recording that went on and on. After a while the City fans got bored and started to sing. A one minute silence is totally different to what they put on that day. The players will be on the pitch and everyone should conduct themselves properly for that minute. Do any of you United fans know what that 10 minute or so speech was all about?

Anyone know if owts happening for the remembrance....? I know we play City on the 10th, I suspect there must be something then....!

It's stupid if they have rememberance on the derby game.....again.

They did it about 3 or 4 years ago at Old Trafford. I'm sorry and we don't mean to disrespect this day but you can't expect us to sit through that 10 minute (or whatever it was) in silence. It was absolutely boring, doesn't mean much to us and we're pumped up for the match.

If they do it again, don't be surprised that the city fans will sing all the way through it.

No idea mate, I tend to get in the ground at or after kick off and, have never hear anything about this....! I'll ask around.

Were understanding each other now mate, thanks for clearing that up.

redrus

No idea mate, I tend to get in the ground at or after kick off and, have never hear anything about this....! I'll ask around.

I'm not 100% but i'm sure it was some Irish geezer saying a poem or something. Don't know, couldn't understand it. :o

Were understanding each other now mate, thanks for clearing that up.

:D

I'm not 100% but i'm sure it was some Irish geezer saying a poem or something. Don't know, couldn't understand it. :D

Yeah, well we're all Irish in Manchester aren't we, and every single United fan knows the words to the flowers of Manchester....! :o:D

redrus

Manchester United 3 Tottenham Hotspur 1

by Footymad

Match report of yesterdays afternoon's home win in the clash against Tottenham Hotspur.

Manchester United's dream of a second treble in their history remains alive, but a 3-1 victory flattered them against Spurs in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

Spurs had taken a 24th minute lead through Robbie Keane and, although Carlos Tevez equalised 14 minutes later, the game turned on an incident midway through the second half.

United goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar's long kick from the edge of the box landed perfectly for Wayne Rooney in the Tottenham penalty area.

With central defender Michael Dawson at his back, Rooney tried to turn the Spurs man.

The battle for possession looked to be going Rooney's way and Dawson threw out his arm across the United striker to handle the ball.

Referee Peter Walton had no option but to award United the penalty and show Dawson a straight red card.

Up stepped Cristiano Ronaldo and in tried and trusted fashion took a couple of steps, a shimmy and then drilled the spot-kick right footed into the bottom left corner of the net as goalkeeper Radek Cerny went the wrong way.

United sealed victory in the 88th minute when Ryan Giggs fed Ronaldo on the left corner of the Tottenham box and he took a couple of paces before scoring with a right-foot shot which crawled into the net under Cerny's body for his 25th goal of the season.

It was a harsh scoreline on Spurs and ended their hopes of a second Wembley final this season.

They had caused United numerous problems in an even first half and hit the Red Devils with a classic goal on the break to open the scoring.

Dawson's superb 50-yard cross-field pass found Aaron Lennon on the right.

The England winger skipped past left-back Patrice Evra with ease before his low cross into the centre was stabbed home by Keane from close range as he ghosted in between Wes Brown and Rio Ferdinand.

However, the chance of a first Old Trafford win for over 18 years was soon put into perspective when United equalised in the 38th minute.

Rooney's glorious long pass from the halfway line picked out Giggs on the left side of the Tottenham box.

He shielded the ball skilfully from Dawson before laying it off for Tevez, who scored with a crisp left-foot shot from ten yards.

Spurs had the chance to regain the lead seconds before the interval when Steed Malbranque's excellent through ball sent Jermaine Jenas racing clear.

His shot from just inside the United box was well tipped away one-handed by Van der Sar at full stretch.

Spurs came close with two other chances - one early and one late - to support their just claims for a White Hart Lane replay.

Dimitar Berbatov's 15th minute header from a Lennon corner was cleared off the line by Rooney's header and the Bulgarian saw a late flick from a Malbranque cross hit a post.

Tottenham must now content themselves with the Carling Cup Final, while the treble remains firmly in United's sights.

e.on-sponsored F.A. Cup, Sunday, 27th January 2008 @ 14:00; Old Trafford

Tevez 38

Ronaldo 69 (pen), 88

Keane 24

Starting Line-ups

1 Van der Sar

3 Evra (Simpson 90)

6 Brown

22 O'Shea

5 Ferdinand

16 Carrick (Scholes 64)

7 Ronaldo

11 Giggs

4 Hargreaves

32 Tevez (Anderson 81)

10 Rooney

Substitutes

29 Kuszczak

25 Simpson (Evra 90)

8 Anderson (Tevez 81)

18 Scholes (Carrick 64)

17 Nani

21 Goal Attempts 10

11 On Target 3

10 Off Target 6

0 Hit Woodwork 1

1 Offsides 3

10 Corners 4

8 Fouls 6

Starting Line-ups

12 Cerny

20 Dawson

3 Lee (Gunter 59)

25 Lennon (Boateng 72)

8 Jenas

24 O'Hara

15 Malbranque

22 Huddlestone

6 Tainio (Defoe 81)

10 Keane

9 Berbatov

Substitutes

1 Robinson

5 Kaboul

44 Gunter (Lee 59)

17 Boateng (Lennon 72)

18 Defoe (Tainio 81)

redrus

• 2 weeks later...

Neville Hoping For Derby-Day Return

Gary Neville is hoping to return to action when United play Manchester City at Old Trafford next weekend.

The game will mark the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster and the United skipper, who has been sidelined for months with an ankle injury, is eager to lead out the side on Manchester derby day.

"It means the world to me every time I go out on the football pitch, but on a day like this it would be an incredibly proud moment," Neville told the Mail on Sunday.

"It was an awfully tragic event, but the sense of feeling runs through the club - we owe them so much. The way they played the game, the way the team play now, comes from that era.

"The (shirts) will be numbered 1 to 16, no names, no sponsors. To wear one of those shirts would be so special.

"Everyone is desperate to play every single week, but on that particular day they will be absolutely desperate to play."

Rooney: We must live up to their name

Daily Mail.

Wayne Rooney has told how Sir Bobby Charlton challenged the Manchester United squad to win the Champions League this season in memory of the players who lost their lives in the Munich disaster.

United will hold a service at 3.04pm on Wednesday afternoon — the time of the crash 50 years ago — at Old Trafford in memory of the eight players, three officials, eight journalists, two crew members and two other passengers who died in the crash.

As he prepares to play his first England game under new manager Fabio Capello at Wembley against Switzerland tonight, United striker Rooney recalled how an address from Charlton — one of the survivors of the crash — inspired him last month.

Rooney said: "We spoke to Sir Bobby and he has put a bit of gentle pressure on us to win the Champions League. It would be good for the club if we could win it this year.

"It would be a great achievement for us to win the European Cup, not just for ourselves but for the Busby Babes.

"Sir Bobby stood in front of us and said how fitting it would be for us to win the European Cup this year of all years.

"He said he didn't want to put too much pressure on us but if we did manage to do it, it would be the best possible way to mark the memory of the Busby Babes."

Charlton will be at Old Trafford along with other survivors and United officials for this afternoon's ceremony, which will also see a permanent exhibition dedicated to Sir Matt Busby's young players opened in the South Stand tunnel.

It is not known if Charlton will be at Wembley tonight when the anniversary will be marked by a minute's silence.

Rooney said: "It is a big day for lots of reasons. The important thing is paying our respects and making sure those who died are honoured in the right way."

Sir Alex Ferguson showed his players a DVD on the Busby Babes which left Rooney hugely impressed.

He said: "We saw the way they were playing before the disaster and you could see they were a good, young team growing together. It wasn't easy to watch the DVD because it was such a tragedy.

"It was incredible the team was playing again only two weeks after the crash.

"Just speaking to Sir Bobby you can see how much he loves the club and how much it means to him.

bobby charlton

"For a football club to bounce back from something a terrible as Munich and to go on and become the huge club it is today, it's just an honour to be a part of it and part of the history of United."

Rooney admitted that there is a responsibility to live up to that, saying: "To be a footballer, whether it's now, 10 years ago, 20 years ago or 50 years ago, is something you just love doing. I don't think it's money-driven.

"Obviously, as footballers playing now we get some great rewards and are able to enjoy the finer things in life but I've said many times that if I wasn't a professional footballer I'd be playing down the park with my mates every weekend.

"I'm sure the players of 50 years ago would have loved to be playing now with everything that comes with the modern game.

"I'm sure most of them probably could have played in today's game. Obviously there's a big responsibility on us as players these days and we have to try to live up to that responsibility."

How the Babes were reborn

By JEFF POWELL - Daily Mail » Last updated at 20:43pm on 5th February 2008

It is not only deeply haunting but monumentally appropriate that on this, the 50th anniversary of the disaster which charred our national game with its Kennedy moment, Manchester United should be locked with Arsenal in an epic duel for the championship of England.

In their last domestic match before Munich, a thrilling 5-4 victory at Highbury seemed to have revived United's campaign for the third in a hat-trick of League titles.

Five days later that dream lay buried with several of English football's finest young men in the wreckage of flight BEA 609.

The way they were: Keeper Harry Gregg and Duncan Edwards deny grounded Jimmy Bloomfield at Highbury five days before the tragedy

Yet now, half a century on, it is likely that another meeting of these two red juggernauts will resolve the 2008 edition of the most ancient championship in this most global of games.

The Re-Birth of the Babes was as remarkable as the plane crash which decimated Matt Busby's precocious team was tragic.

With Busby in hospital fighting first for life — then for recovery of his health — the first stage in the resuscitation of not merely a season, but of one of the world's great football clubs, relied solely upon the Welsh-born son of an Irish father who was the great man's trusted assistant.

Jimmy Murphy had been described by Busby as: "The first signing I made — and the most important."

Little was he to know just how important.

Roger Byrne and Dennis Viollet leave the field after the home leg of the Red Star tie

Destiny had decreed that a clash of fixtures would keep Murphy off the ill-fated journey to Eastern Europe.

As part-time manager of Wales he went to Cardiff to direct the win over Israel which helped secure World Cup Finals qualification.

The vacant seat next to Busby was taken by coach Bert Whalley, who perished.

Not until he returned to work at an empty, echoing Old Trafford did Murphy hear the dreadful news.

He flew to Munich to bring home the remnants of the heirs apparent to Real Madrid for the throne of Europe.

With the commanding captain Roger Byrne, the prolific Tommy Taylor, the mercurial Eddie Colman and the elusive David Pegg among the fallen on that snowbound afternoon, and the mighty Duncan Edwards to die in hospital, it was left to Murphy to assemble a team in the name of United.

He had just 13 days in which to do so.

Only two of the men who had helped United to a wondrous European Cup result over Red Star in Belgrade the day before that fatal refuelling stop in Germany were fit to play against Sheffield Wednesday in a delayed fifth round FA Cup - tie on February 19.

They were goalkeeper Harry Gregg, who had led the rescue effort by plunging back into that smouldering funeral pyre to pull out Busby and several of his teammates, and Bill Foulkes, who was to assume the captaincy.

Murphy had accepted the generosity of rival clubs, Manchester City among them, virtually to gift them replacements.

The key signings were Ernie Taylor, from Blackpool, and Stan Crowther, from Aston Villa.

Foulkes, Gregg, Taylor and Crowther supplied the glue of experience among players so young that Murphy and Co had been grooming them as the next generation of Busby Babes.

Taylor and Crowther were coaxed into volunteering over a pint or two with Murphy, accompanied by a few of his rousing recitals on piano and organ.

Jimmy Murphy leads United out in the Cup final against Bolton - three months after the tragedy

But it was the tidal wave of compassion flooding through the country which swept United to a 3-0 victory over Wednesday ... and all the way to an improbable Cup Final.

Wembley was a drama too far for a team wearied by trauma and the inevitable fixtures backlog.

They lost to Nat Lofthouse's Bolton Wanderers.

But the return of one player, more than any other, proclaimed that here was a team which refused to die.

Bobby Charlton, who recovered from his injuries in time for a sixth-round replay against West Bromwich Albion, acknowledged how the surge of sympathy was putting opponents in a no-win situation.

No one was more devastated, emotionally, than Charlton and to this day he remains deeply affected by the loss of his team-mates, as well as plagued by a strange sense of guilt for not dying with them.

Yet he recognised that it was the production line of apprentice footballers operated by Murphy, Whalley and scout Joe Armstrong which kept United alive, saying: "We recovered only because there were so many more good youngsters coming up behind the Busby Babes."

Charlton lived to become the flowing-haired symbol of the new United, not to mention the 106-cap maestro of England's 1966 World Cup glory.

Out of the ashes ...

Busby rose from his sickbed to lead them to second place in the next season's championship.

Charlton was the Pied Piper who helped lure to his side Denis Law, Pat Crerand and the ultimate Babe himself, George Best.

Together, at Wembley on a night in 1968 awash with tears of both delirium and nostalgia, they defeated Benfica and gave United their first European Cup.

That was a crown they might already have been wearing by right had Edwards, Taylor, Byrne and the rest of the Babes emerged from that third, doomed attempt to lift an old Elizabethan aircraft off an icy runway in Germany.

Fate moves in mysterious ways.

It is a poignant thought that the tragedy itself forged such a powerful bond between all who live, work and breathe United that it remains a core pillar of the club's success to this day.

Sir Alex Ferguson is almost as affected by the memory as Sir Bobby, even though it was not until years later that he went to Old Trafford to build a team cast in the Busby mould.

As for Murphy, he declined myriad offers, the most tempting to manage Brazil, to stay and mend the broken hearts of his club, his boss and his Babes.

He was to say later: "The survival of Manchester United was a miracle worked by God, not by Jimmy Murphy."

But while that may have been true of the recovery of Busby, Charlton and the others who lived to mourn 23 friends, team-mates and fellow travellers, God relied on Busby's right hand to put the pieces of his club back together.

redrus

I've just finished watching an interview with Sir Bobby Charlton regarding the anniversary and seeing his eyes well up with tears whilst talking about Munich brought a lump to my throat I must admit .

At the end of the day we are all football fans and what ever happens on Sunday against Man u and Man city i hope its in honour of the lads who lost their families :o .

Remembering Munich - February 6, 1958

Arsenal and the football world remember the 23 people, including eight Manchester United players and nine journalists, who perished in Munich on February 6, 1958.

Arsenal Football Club would like to extend their sympathies to all those affected by those tragic events 50 years ago.

One of the game’s darkest days — it will never be forgotten.

full tribute at Arsenal.com

Im lost for words of my own to add.... :o

Edited by MiG16

Arsenal and the football world remember the 23 people, including eight Manchester United players and nine journalists, who perished in Munich on February 6, 1958.

Arsenal Football Club would like to extend their sympathies to all those affected by those tragic events 50 years ago.

Im lost for words of my own to add.... :D

mig16 do you know the last game played by the babes was a 5-4 win to the babes at highbury,if you can find a link to this game a read about it you will see what a fantastic team the babes where.

is it just coincident that we are on the 58 th page :o

Im lost for words of my own to add.... :D

mig16 do you know the last game played by the babes was a 5-4 win to the babes at highbury,if you can find a link to this game a read about it you will see what a fantastic team the babes where.

is it just coincident that we are on the 58 th page :o

LOL, good for you mate. I have my settings different and am on 48 pages....! :D

redrus