Irish Euro 2012 Games In Bkk

Cabrinha

I know there there are loads of pubs all over town which will be showing the Euro 2012 games, but I'm wondering if there are any Irish groups in town going to a particular pub to watch the games? I'm new in town and I'd rather watch the Irish games with a bunch of Irish.

thanks in advance.

Cabrinha

Hi Cabrinha,

Our first three pool games are all at 01:45 AM. That poses a problem for the pubs showing it, because they are supposed to close at 02:00. Some will definitely stay open, perhaps showing them upstairs. In previous World Cups at this time of day, the police were lenient, but no-one really knows for sure what will happen.

Some of the well known Irish pubs are in high profile locations and are less likely to be able to open late.

And despite the sarcastic comments of previous posters, the Irish community here has frequently chosen to watch Rugby/football at a non-Irish pub, managed by an Irishman, rather than Irish pubs owned and managed by non Irish (Mulligans, O'Reillys, Hanrahans).

I'll drop you a private message, when I hear back from some pub owners and the Irish Chamber etc,, where people are planning to watch the games...

CDB

Hi I'm Irish and I'm planning on watching the games with someone from each country for each game. It would be great to get a big crowd for the Irish game.

I'm blogging all about it here http://bangkokfootballblog.wordpress.com/ and the Facebook page is here https://www.facebook.com/BangkokEuros and can be used to build interest. Please let me know where you might be watching the games with a group on here or through those channels, Thanks.

Come to Thailand and spend your time in Irish pubs with Irish people. May as well have stayed at home.

W11guy, what a douch bag. Does it make you feel good to be like that?

If I was in the habit of spending my time in Irish pubs with Irish people, I clearly would not need to come on a forum asking where a group of Irish people might be going to watch the Euro games.

Do you think it would be more fun that I go as a solitary Irishman to watch the Irish games with my Thai friends only in a Thai environment, rather than the unique atmosphere of enjoying a very nationalistic competition in the company of my fellow countrymen?

• Like 1

CDB/Cabrinha, would appreciate it if you can drop me a PM also on wheres a good spot to watch it, would much rather the atmosphere if there was a bunch of Irish and dont want to be stuck somewhere watching it on a 14" TV with music blearing in the background so if you know a good spot that will be open let me know, was planning on checking it out tonight to see what the place is like in advance of tomorrows game so if anyone can recommend a good place please PM me.

Also im staying in Silom, has anyone come across somewhere thats selling Irish Jerseys, long shot i know but if you know somewhere let me know

Come to Thailand and spend your time in Irish pubs with Irish people. May as well have stayed at home.

Why do you constantly respond to topics with this rubbish? Ex-patriots in every country, from every country like to come together at certain times like for instance, national football team games, national holidays and so on. You can believe Thais in Ireland get together at Songkran. Meanwhile, you seem to spend your time in Thailand annoying farangs on a farangs forum for being farangs. Seriously, take a few moments to consider your life.

CDB/Cabrinha, would appreciate it if you can drop me a PM also on wheres a good spot to watch it, would much rather the atmosphere if there was a bunch of Irish and dont want to be stuck somewhere watching it on a 14" TV with music blearing in the background so if you know a good spot that will be open let me know, was planning on checking it out tonight to see what the place is like in advance of tomorrows game so if anyone can recommend a good place please PM me.

Also im staying in Silom, has anyone come across somewhere thats selling Irish Jerseys, long shot i know but if you know somewhere let me know

So far I've heard that The Sportsman near Suk22 is showing the game, as is Molly Malones in Silom. The Dubliner is not. If anyone has better options let us know or send a PM!

I haven't ever seen an Irish jersey for sale here. Maybe pick up a Bangkok United or Bangkok Glass jersey, both wear green and you'd be helping local soccer progress. Nice souvenir too!

Edited by gavinzac

Why do you constantly respond to topics with this rubbish? Ex-patriots in every country, from every country like to come together at certain times like for instance, national football team games, national holidays and so on. You can believe Thais in Ireland get together at Songkran. Meanwhile, you seem to spend your time in Thailand annoying farangs on a farangs forum for being farangs. Seriously, take a few moments to consider your life.

So far I've heard that The Sportsman near Suk22 is showing the game, as is Molly Malones in Silom. The Dubliner is not. If anyone has better options let us know or send a PM!

I haven't ever seen an Irish jersey for sale here. Maybe pick up a Bangkok United or Bangkok Glass jersey, both wear green and you'd be helping local soccer progress. Nice souvenir too!

Jamesons in Silom open for all games

Thanks Guys, Gullivers Tavern is showing it too, impressive bar but it lacked atmosphere last night, going to try out Jamesons and Molly Malones for the first match and see if there is an Irish crowd building, if not im going looking for where these guys are clap2.gif

I watched it in Mulligans on Soi 11, they are open 24 hours and for every game.

Went to Jamesons in Silom first, lovely pub, georgeous food and great pool tables but only a couple of Irish were there so went to Molloy Malones but there was only 2 other Irish there but stayed anyway. Off to Phuket for the other games so hopefully better luck down there, a better result would be nice too!! Thanks to the people who pm'd me too.