Fridge/Freezer Not Working, Need A Handy Electrician.

BIGJIMMY

We have a large upright fridge/freezer that all of a sudden isn't that cold, the freezer section is fine but the fridge is warm as is all of my beer in it, this fridge/freezer is mine and is full of wine and beer and ice cream.

Can anyone recommend a decent and honest electrician who could come and have a look at it first before it has to be transported?

Thanks

Jimmy

If freezer section is cold and keeping items frozen then compressor is working okay. Most units have a dial located in the refrigerator section that controls how cold you want refrigerator section. Perhaps someone has changed the setting to warmer.

Yes Numchai come out, their service centre is at the back of their store on Sukhumvit., did my fridge very quick and very cheap!!

Come on guys, help Bigjimmy out, this is very important, cant have a man forced to drink warm beer!!!:):)

• Like 1

Thanks peeps, the dial in the fridge was the first thing I checked it was on 3/4 high so I dialled it all the way to cold and it's still warm, I put a thermometer (I'm a nerd I know) into the wifes fridge and it was 5 oc, mine is 26 - hence the warm beer. I think I'll pop down to Numchai then.

Ta

Jimmy

Yes Numchai come out, their service centre is at the back of their store on Sukhumvit., did my fridge very quick and very cheap!!

Come on guys, help Bigjimmy out, this is very important, cant have a man forced to drink warm beer!!!smile.pngsmile.png

For sure...and one reason I have 3 fridges!!!!

Since refrigerator dial was not problem then fan that pushes air through evaporator into fresh food section is not working or evaporator is frosted over preventing air movement into fresh food section. The latter is cause by defrost cycle not working.

Edited by ballbreaker

Up 2nd road, 2nd turning @ dolphin roundabout up Pattaya-Na Kluea, maybe 2 kilometers up on the right hand side you will see a place with lots of what look like 2nd hand washing machines and fridges outside. (Sorry cannot be more specific).

When I had a problem with my washing machine he sent 2 of his lads out to the house. They fixed it there and then for a few hundred baht. (edit to add) --> That was a year ago and the problem remains fixed.

The boss does seem very competent and they repair washers and fridges etc all the time.

Edited by pattayadingo

Since refrigerator dial was not problem then fan that pushes air through evaporator into fresh food section is not working or evaporator is frosted over preventing air movement into fresh food section. The latter is cause by defrost cycle not working.

Wouldn't it be unusual to have a defrost problem in the main fridge unit? Don't think I have ever seen this before, especially as the main unit is not deisgned to go below 0 degrees C

Thanks again peeps, we're got The Numchai dudes coming to check it. There is air being blown into the fridge but it's warm.

I've had to wrestle some of me ale into the wife's fridge, she ain't smiling - ha ha!!

Jimmy