How Many Sizzlers Restaurants In Bkk And Which Is Your Favorite?

cathy211

They all seem the same to me, but I'd say that the ThongLor Sizzler is my favorite. Especially if you can get a table at the window and watch life go by on the street below.

Someone already mentioned SCB park- this is the one we go to most often because it is close to home / on the way home from mine / ms' offices.

Another one at Mall Bangkapi is Ok, but always busy. Queue at the door every time we are there.

I almost always choose the MBK one over Siam Center - the latter seems to be consistently PACKED. I used to regularly go to the one on Chaengwattana in that strip mall (avenue? Forgot the name) but I don't live there anymore.

God I feel like getting my meat fix now with a sizzler steak.... This is why I hate TV sometimes!

Basically the ones that deal with heavy foreign customers tend to be good at what they provide and service.

Thought my biggest complaint about Sizzler, is that they bring out your meal before you finish your salad and having to rush you through your dining experience, also the toasted bread come way too soon to enjoy with your meal. They have to learn to wait until the customer to finish what they are eating before proceeding with their main course.

About the salad bar at all Sizzlers – There needs to be a ranch dressing and bigger plates.

C.P Tower, CP Tower 2nd Floor, Silom Road. AVOID IT!

Got food poising there many times due to the meat products not being cooked thoroughly.

Staff there also rushes you to finish what you eat and bring over your main meal before you’re finished with your salad or soup. The women servers tend to be overbearing while the male staff are courteous.

MBK Center, MBC Center 7th Floor.

They’re service is good and professional. They deal with customers from many different places around the world.

The Mall Bangkapi - The Mall Bangkapi 3rd Floor, Ladprao Road.

This one is good, but as mentioned before by others, it's often packed in the evening before dinner until late and also during lunch.

Central World Plaza, Central World Plaza, 6th Floor.

Central world is good and the staff are friendly and do understand English quite well and are open to suggestions.

Major Ratchayothin, Major Ratchayothin Ground Floor.

The staff and service are very good, and I used to go to this one when I lived in that area.

The Mall Ngamwongwan,

The staffs there are very good and are quick to respond to your requests. I’ve eaten there many times and felt welcome. Most of the staff go to the local university near the mall.

Major Ekamai - Major Ekamai Ground Floor, Sukhumvit Road, Wattana.

Is ok, but they don’t speak English or have someone who does speak English. Often when you order something it either comes out cold or an item that you didn’t order.

There is another one at Seacom Square.

Personally haven't noticed much difference food wise between them as they are all formula food , probably sent from a central location and is only heated or prepared by staff .

As for service it is just luck if you get somebody who is better than average . The worst service i have had is just that commonly experienced disinterested attitude, but it is nothing really bad. That " i would rather be doing something useful like playing with my iphone than be here !" attitude.

On the subject of Sizzlers, has anybody had any luck with getting a discount card from them. I had one my ex-wife but it expired and everytime i ask for a new one i get all these excuses (or lies). I wonder if these are only for Thais' use. They get you a 10% discount on most items plus little bonus things next time you go to Sizzlers .

Edited by xen

Personally haven't noticed much difference food wise between them as they are all formula food , probably sent from a central location and is only heated or prepared by staff .

As for service it is just luck if you get somebody who is better than average . The worst service i have had is just that commonly experienced disinterested attitude, but it is nothing really bad. That " i would rather be doing something useful like playing with my iphone than be here !" attitude.

On the subject of Sizzlers, has anybody had any luck with getting a discount card from them. I had one my ex-wife but it expired and everytime i ask for a new one i get all these excuses (or lies). I wonder if these are only for Thais' use. They get you a 10% discount on most items plus little bonus things next time you go to Sizzlers .

To tie in with your comments, I went to a Sizzler and did receive some poor service at the cash end. I wrote the GM and 3 days later received 600 baht in gift certificates, a fat coupon book for all kinds of Sizzler freebies, and the discount card. The bill has the name of the cashier and your server so I knew who to complain about.

To tie in with your comments, I went to a Sizzler and did receive some poor service at the cash end. I wrote the GM and 3 days later received 600 baht in gift certificates, a fat coupon book for all kinds of Sizzler freebies, and the discount card. The bill has the name of the cashier and your server so I knew who to complain about.

Thanks Cathy , perhaps i should write to the head office about the discount card because everytime i ask at a sizzler they tell me that the new ones are not available for four/ ten / whatever weeks/ months/years or i have to pay varying amounts from 50 baht to 200 baht for the card. I don't think they know how to deal with it at the cash register end. Usually when i go it is for one of the kid's birthdays and the bill creeps up so a discount can help.

I just can't seem to renew the card i have.

• Like 1

Thanks Cathy , perhaps i should write to the head office about the discount card because everytime i ask at a sizzler they tell me that the new ones are not available for four/ ten / whatever weeks/ months/years or i have to pay varying amounts from 50 baht to 200 baht for the card. I don't think they know how to deal with it at the cash register end. Usually when i go it is for one of the kid's birthdays and the bill creeps up so a discount can help.

I just can't seem to renew the card i have.

You can have mine. It's good until April 2013. Will you be in Pattaya sometime? I might be in Bkk sometime soon. Get in touch privately please.

Royal Plaza, outside the Anantara hotel on the river (Marriot resort and spa).

The food is always cooked great, the salad bar is always full and fresh, the staff are very attentive even changing my glass of sprite before i have finished it haha. I visit on a saturday lunch while the wife is working, sit and read my book, devour the salad bar and then have a nice pork chop.

All season's place on soi ruam rudee, 2nd floor. and Siam center, top floor both are my favorite smile.png

Although the back of All Seasons Place is on Soi Ruanrudee, it is more commonly known as being on Wireless (or Wittayu) Road. BTS Phloen Chit station is a 5 minute walk from here, and (I assume) the All Seasons free bus still runs between the BTS and All Seasons Place.

They all are exactly the same !!!

True! In a city with such an abundance of good restaurants, why would anyone want to get stuffed at Sizzler?

But ok, here you go: http://www.sizzler.co.th/

Getting a decent, reasonably priced steak in Bangkok, even at a upper end western managed restaurant is chancy at best; disappointments usually outweighing successes. While Sizzler is indeed formulaic, their product is consistently dependable and while not comparable to a steak from something like the JW Marriott's "New York Steakhouse", you can depend on it being flavorful and reasonably tender for a price that wont kill your budget. The salad bar remains to me, one of the best bargains anywhere.

Sometimes formula works.

• Like 1

I think Sizzler steaks are OK and consistent. Salad bar good. But the chicken burgers are absolutely dreadful. They are made of some material which looks and tastes like plastic.

The branch in Royal Garden Plaza, Pattaya seems to be slightly better overall than others in Pattaya/BKK/CM.

I think Sizzler steaks are OK and consistent. Salad bar good. But the chicken burgers are absolutely dreadful. They are made of some material which looks and tastes like plastic.

The branch in Royal Garden Plaza, Pattaya seems to be slightly better overall than others in Pattaya/BKK/CM.

I like sizzler, but I have noticed their sausage is very bad as well. Like on a scale of 1 to 10 it is a 1 for sure.

About the salad bar at all Sizzlers – There needs to be a ranch dressing and bigger plates.

Do any places serve ranch??? I can't even find the hidden valley ranch packets to make my own. I have found Newman's Ranch in the bottle, but not very good.... :(