Wireless Card Via Tdac - Good Service ?

Chivas

Hi,

I currently use a Vodaphone Wireless Card via Dtac for my connection to the net at a flat rate of 1 Baht/minute.

Speed is constant at 57k and have never been disconnected from memory.

I was considering switching to a monthly package deal via my landline, but having read all reports on this gives the impression that I might be better off sticking to my existing set up even if somewhat more expensive ??

Chivas

I think it depends a lot on how you use the Internet...if it's just for light browsing, this setup should be fine, however if you want to download stuff or just stay on the net for a longer amount of time, a proper package is the way to go (I assume you mean an ADSL package, right?). GPRS is a good complement to an existing connection for when you're on the road, but for any kind of medium/heavy net use, ADSL would be cheaper and much faster.

I think it depends a lot on how you use the Internet...if it's just for light browsing, this setup should be fine, however if you want to download stuff or just stay on the net for a longer amount of time, a proper package is the way to go (I assume you mean an ADSL package, right?). GPRS is a good complement to an existing connection for when you're on the road, but for any kind of medium/heavy net use, ADSL would be cheaper and much faster.

Florin,

You've hit the nail on the head.I need a connection thats not going to "drop off" every hour or so.

Any suggestions as such ??

Chivas

Well, you could try these guys:

http://www.truecorp.co.th/eng/products/onl...ly_hi_speed.jsp

Of course, with DSL, depending on where you live, only one company might be available...in BKK there's basically choices between TOT, Loxinfo, the above-mentioned TRUE, KSC, BuddyBB and CAT.

TRUE has the widest userbase, and like in all such cases, many love or horror-stories can be heard about them...try asking around in your building and see what people have and how it works for them.