What'S With Thai Young Women & Ugly Breast Tattoos?

In browsing some Thailand-based Internet dating sites lately, I was reminded of the tendency of quite a few Thai young women to get what strike me as exceedingly ugly tattoos placed, of all places, on their quite lovely breasts.

I'm not a big fan of tattoos for anyone in general. But I am a big fan of women's breasts, and defacing them with often ugly black ink blobs that often have little artistry to them seems a real shame.

It's one thing to put a tattoo on an inconspicuous place where perhaps only someone intimate would find/see it... But it's an entirely different matter to place such a tattoo on a lady's cleavage where it can be seen even under regular clothing.

So I guess I'm asking the question, what the heck is inspiring Thai women to place these kinds of markings on their breasts??? For the life of me, I can't imagine why anyone would want to do it...

I'm sure fans of tattoos might argue there's some element of self-expression and artistry involved. But in looking at this sampling of photos I gathered, it's hard for me to find anything much appealing about any of the tattoos in these displays.

post-58284-0-41274100-1339498965.jpg post-58284-0-21136700-1339498977.jpg

post-58284-0-02954700-1339498994.jpg post-58284-0-85757900-1339499009.jpg

post-58284-0-82496700-1339499025.jpg post-58284-0-59370700-1339499042.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the other way to approach the question is to ask quite "a few Thai young women (why they) get what strike me you as exceedingly ugly tattoos placed, of all places, on their quite lovely breasts" ... and report back here.

Most of us are not Thai, of the female gender and ... how dare you ask about my man cans!

I've never dated or personally socialized with a Thai woman sporting a tattoo, and especially the ugly variety depicted above.

But I have no doubt that there's any number of TV members here who have had or still have Thai GFs -- short-term or long-term -- with tattoos of this sort and who might have some ideas on what led to their placement.

As for the question above, I wasn't looking at all to explore about ladies' tattoo trends. But with all those ugly markings staring you in the face time after time, it's kind of hard to ignore them.

If ever a thread was potentially loaded its this one...

The phase including two words both of which rhyme with 'damp'...

A ) A word beginning with T which also describes a homeless person living on the street.

B ) A word beginning with S to describe a distinctive mark or impression made upon an object or a device used to make it.

whistling.gif

Edited by richard_smith237

I've never dated or personally socialized with a Thai woman sporting a tattoo, and especially the ugly variety depicted above.

But I have no doubt that there's any number of TV members here who have had or still have Thai GFs -- short-term or long-term -- with tattoos of this sort and who might have some ideas on what led to their placement.

As for the question above, I wasn't looking at all to explore about ladies' tattoo trends. But with all those ugly markings staring you in the face time after time, it's kind of hard to ignore them.

Can't say I've ever noticed.

You want to get yourself a better pair of glasses; either with a saffron tint, or welder's goggles like I wear, and drive like Nelson.

SC

its a matter of freedom to do with your own body as one wishes,if you dont like it,its up to you as the thais say, i have many tattoos since i got my 1st when i was 13 years old my mam gave me the money for my birthday ever since then i cant stop,my wife and mother now keeps begging me not to get any more but a few drinks one just appears on my body,so better you stop going with them if it annoys you.ps have a nice day

I'm just curious, How did you manage to take the close ups? Did you get them to sign a consent form?

They're copied from dating sites, see original post.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

I don't like tattoos of any sort.

It's sad that a person feels so inadequate they need to make themselves more interesting by disfiguring their body.

And those poor sad souls with piercings and chunks of metal hanging from any available point are to be pitied more so.

Would anyone notice them without all that junk stuck on them.

Probably the parents are to blame for not bringing up their kids with more self esteem.

• Like 1

Many tattoos are Culturally based ... Thais have a predisposition to them.

I find that neither good nor bad ... it just is.

post-104736-0-18280200-1339549541_thumb.

The New Zealand Culture has a strong history of Tattoos

One fad which does elude me is the thinking behind this style which seems popular now ...

post-104736-0-19183700-1339549947_thumb.

post-104736-0-63569000-1339549949_thumb. post-104736-0-68450800-1339549944_thumb.

But they do have some practical uses!

It's sad that a person feels so inadequate they need to make themselves more interesting by disfiguring their body.

And those poor sad souls with piercings and chunks of metal hanging from any available point are to be pitied more so.

Probably the parents are to blame for not bringing up their kids with more self esteem.

Like you, I am not that fond of tattoos myself. I dont have any and wouldn't get any.

I think you have hit it on the head for a lot the people getting tattoos. They like to be noticed.

The rise of narcissism and the 'me' culture is also adding to the rise in use of visible tattoos.

Not so sure it is a matter of low self esteem for a lot the young people these days....and indeed many middle aged men and women who are getting them/adding to them

Like you, I am not that fond of tattoos myself. I dont have any and wouldn't get any.

I think you have hit it on the head for a lot the people getting tattoos. They like to be noticed.

The rise of narcissism and the 'me' culture is also adding to the rise in use of visible tattoos.

Not so sure it is a matter of low self esteem for a lot the young people these days....and indeed many middle aged men and women who are getting them/adding to them

Not fond of them myself also.. I also find seeing a beautiful girl in a wedding dress with arms covered in tattoos quite repugnant ! Whether its because I am unsure what appendage is under the wedding dress or not I am unsure but my preference lies with virgin skin.

• Like 1

Yes but all the people with tattoos are quick to tell there inked up buddy's that their tattoos look great. And their friends return the favor. So they all carry this fragile confidence that what they did was cool. Meanwhile everyone is actually thinking. "Where did you get that? in jail from a blind guy?"

Yes but all the people with tattoos are quick to tell there inked up buddy's that their tattoos look great. And their friends return the favor. So they all carry this fragile confidence that what they did was cool. Meanwhile everyone is actually thinking. "Where did you get that? in jail from a blind guy?"

A wee butterfly in a discreet area on a beautiful girl I would class as passable, but this butterfly looses much of its beauty on a mature woman, in fact it looks repulsive to me.

02.jpg

However, I fully acknowledge and respect the spiritual angle and tattoos on fishermen, south islanders etc.

Why it should make a difference I dont know.

Tattoos are made to cover birthmarks, stretchmarks & similar defects on quite a few occasions,

donno the rest of the reasons, perhaps a statement similar to prison tattoos

"look, i'm a prisoner/prostitute"

If ever a thread was potentially loaded its this one...

The phase including two words both of which rhyme with 'damp'...

A ) A word beginning with T which also describes a homeless person living on the street.

B ) A word beginning with S to describe a distinctive mark or impression made upon an object or a device used to make it.

whistling.gif

Why the need for such cryptic secrecy Richard?

Oh well, another rhyming slang for a girl's tattoo is:

first word beginning with S and finishing with LAG

second word beginning with T and finishing with AG

Edited by Radar501

I'm just curious, How did you manage to take the close ups? Did you get them to sign a consent form?

Must learn to read the text and not just look at the pictures!!

This is an age thing- the farang guys who hate tattoos are generally 50 yrs ++. Younger generation dont think much of them, or actively like them.

My observation is that women who have tattoos are generally sluttier than those who don't, so i think they are great as proxy indicators :)

This is an age thing- the farang guys who hate tattoos are generally 50 yrs ++. Younger generation dont think much of them, or actively like them.

My observation is that women who have tattoos are generally sluttier than those who don't, so i think they are great as proxy indicators smile.png

My siblings and I are in our early twenties and we all actively dislike them.. mind you I do have a Mother that drummed into us about girls with tattoosrolleyes.gif

Must learn to read the text and not just look at the pictures!!

why? most of it is judgmental opinion being passed as fact (just for a change)

We all have our opinions on tattoos, I like them but in moderation, others think ONE is an indication of a cry for help or proclamation that the person be a slut. I feel in some cases they enhance (on both men and women) but in others they are detrimental. I know women who are empowered by having a secret tattoo for some its an act of defiance.

If piecing ones skin is a cry for help why do so many people have earrings? Only prostitutes have tattoos? I read last week only prostitutes hold hands in public. In both cases these aren't facts, merely personal opinion.

As for girls looking more slutty with tattoos - well, I'm like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Total Recall, I like my fantasy women, sleazy...

tattoos, nerdy glasses and pigtails - the 2u kryptonite trifecta

• Like 1