How To Do A Multi-Listing In Thailand When Selling

Question: How to make sure the commission goes to the correct agent and they do not fight over it ?

We are look at selling up, we plan to list the property our selves on many Thai based real estate web sites, (including TV classifieds) and I feel that this particular property may be of interest to Pattaya or Bangkok agents. The misses thinks it is suited more to a Farlang than a Thai, I tend to agree and I feel it will probably eventually sell to a 'westernized' family wanting to get out of Pattaya & move here for the similar reasons as we did.

Anyway it is to far to expect an agent to travel to travel to with a prospective customer, if agents list it as well, what is the procedure in Thailand to make sure he commission actually goes to the right agent.

Is 3%of the gross sale the going rate?

I want to avoid issues of 3 people knocking on my door all believing they should have 3%. There must be some organized procedure.

MS

.....surely its the agent that introduces the customer that retains the commission

Makes sense to me.

If the agent doesn't bring the buyer to you in the first place then he has no claim on the commission.

I would add that commission is entirely negotiable, even if many agents consider (quite erroneously) that they deserve 5 or 6% or more. They can dream.

If the agent doesn't bring the buyer to you in the first place then he has no claim on the commission.

Yes, around where I am there are not actual real estate agents, except every man and his dog wants commission of course thinking they can introduce someone that will buy it, just greed and baht spinning in their eyes. We are well and truly off the normal foreigner map, in a quiet little seaside area, I was thinking there may be a market of people in the exact same situation I was in when we found this place by accident and then moved here. Fed up of all the crap & pollution in Pattaya & Bangkok. It may be wish full thinking, that if someone walked into their office looking for a quiet retreat are, it may be suitable. Issue being I am worried about, if I have it listed with many agents and the same buyer has been to many of them, I don't want a cat fight between agents.

The going rate is between 3 to 5% commish of the asking price.

It is up to you to offer the commish.

Some offer 6 to 10% commish because they believe a high commish means a quick sale.

You can offer any brokers 3% (or whatever you offer) commish if they just introduce their potential client to you by phone or email.

You write down the name of the client, write down the name of the broker and the exact time and date for the introduction.

Then you will take care of closing the deal yourself.

If some brokers introduce the same client as a previous broker, then you just tell them right away: "I am already in contact with Mr. X".

You can offer a higher percentage, say 5%, if the brokers introduce their clients to you in person and assist you closing the deal.

Again you write down the time and date of every single introduction, first one is the one who get the commish.

You can also state if you PREFER the broker to accompany the client to you and pay 5% rather than just an email or phone contact.

You can tell that you ACCEPT a phone or email intro, but that you prefer the broker to show the property in person, and that you favor the personal apperance over email and phone intro, so if 2 different brokers have the same client, then the broker who introduce him IN PERSON will get the commish!

Just have in mind if you chose personal appearance you will get less brokers on the case... not many brokers wanna spend one day out on the roads showing a property far from their office.... :-)

The going rate is between 3 to 5% commish of the asking price.

It is up to you to offer the commish.

Some offer 6 to 10% commish because they believe a high commish means a quick sale.

You can offer any brokers 3% (or whatever you offer) commish if they just introduce their potential client to you by phone or email.

You write down the name of the client, write down the name of the broker and the exact time and date for the introduction.

Then you will take care of closing the deal yourself.

If some brokers introduce the same client as a previous broker, then you just tell them right away: "I am already in contact with Mr. X".

You can offer a higher percentage, say 5%, if the brokers introduce their clients to you in person and assist you closing the deal.

Again you write down the time and date of every single introduction, first one is the one who get the commish.

You can also state if you PREFER the broker to accompany the client to you and pay 5% rather than just an email or phone contact.

You can tell that you ACCEPT a phone or email intro, but that you prefer the broker to show the property in person, and that you favor the personal apperance over email and phone intro, so if 2 different brokers have the same client, then the broker who introduce him IN PERSON will get the commish!

Just have in mind if you chose personal appearance you will get less brokers on the case... not many brokers wanna spend one day out on the roads showing a property far from their office.... :-)

Although the OP may be some distance from Pattaya or BKK.....its imperative that any agent who agrees to list his property at least visits once for a description and photos...how can an agent possibly sell a property they havnt even seen!!!...also if a genuine customer is interested the agent is obliged to take time to show them the property.......however if its miles away and not a marketable property it wont be worth listing and the OP would do better marketing himselfe through free websites etc.