Need Paper From 'Soon-Wife' For Marriage -- How To Get ?

lung

i need for my ''freedom to marry paper'' the same from she first and housebook,birthpaper...

i have all this but the paper are to old. they not accept this in my homecountry and without i not get the 'marry-ready'-paper from the embassy in bangkok. what a hassle... ;-(

can i get the paper everywhere maybe order or i need to go where she come from ? not really want to see mom and dad. ;-)

thanks for any help.

:wai:

Maybe best to try to translate so we can understand here, let me know if I get anything wrong:

> i need for my ''freedom to marry paper''

You need to get the certification that you aren't currently married, necessary in order to marry your Thai girlfriend.

Why not just get this from your embassy?

> the same from she first and housebook,birthpaper...

No idea what this means, maybe your girlfriend needs her birth certificate and house registration book.

> i have all this but the paper are to old. they not accept this in my homecountry and without i not get the 'marry-ready'-paper from the embassy in bangkok. what a hassle... ;-(

Why is it a hassle? Where are you located now? What is your home country? Why do you care about what they accept or not, you're getting married in Thailand right?

> can i get the paper everywhere maybe order or i need to go where she come from ? not really want to see mom and dad. ;-)

You're now talking about her papers? She doesn't want to see her own parents?

She can register on a different house registration wherever you're living now and transfer her ID card to there.

She doesn't need any papers, (unless she is divorced, then she needs the divorce papers) but her ID-card and maybe her household registration book where she is registered on.

It is very unlcear what papers you want.

she want we go to ampher where the parents live. i want it easy. kao tshai ? thanks anyway...

Easy is you give her bus fare, she goes and takes care of her business and then comes back to you.

No need at all for you to go along.

she want we go to ampher where the parents live. i want it easy. kao tshai ? thanks anyway...

Easy is you give her bus fare, she goes and takes care of her business and then comes back to you.

No need at all for you to go along.

I have a German friend and he's had no end of problem's with his embassy regarding paper work for marrage, it has taken him several MONTH'S so far to get it sorted. At one time he nearly gave up. When I told him how I got on via the British Embassy easy, he just said the German one want's every thing even the kitchen sink, and he's never been married before, Buddha know how he would have got on if he had been.

N/B all she need's is her ID & House book.

Edited by fredob43

thanks for all replys...

i just come back from germany. there i been to the 'standesamt' (office for marriage). from there i will get my affirmation freedom to marry.

they need for this the paper from soon-wife.ok?

with my affirmation i will get in bangkok from the embassy another paper and then i can marry anywhere in los.

i know the english ones got that easy moore.

germany...

so i only want to know , we have to go to the ampher from she (its a long way) or maybe i can order them online or so.

thanks again for any help and sorry for that crappy english.ok ?... i write this from my phone and can't google the same time.

:wai:

No, you need the Affirmation certified by your Embassy, the Standesamt thing will not be recognised by the Thais. Get the affirmation to marry stamped at the Embassy, then go to a translation office to get the document you receive from the Embassy translated into Thai, then you need to go to the MFA to get their approval, only then can you get married (without the MFA stamp you have no chance of getting married).

Your girlfriend can go to any amphur to get married as long as she has ID card and Blue book (Tambien Baan), you might also require 2 witnesses, this depends on the office.

Edited by beano2274

No, you need the Affirmation certified by your Embassy, the Standesamt thing will not be recognised by the Thais. Get the affirmation to marry stamped at the Embassy,

the embassy really want the paper from standesamt.after that everything is easy.

will call tomorrow embassy again.i think it's a german thing.thanks...

You probably need to show the the paper from the standesambt to your embassy, in order for the embassy to issue the affirmation of freedom to marry.

Once you have the letter from your embassy, you have it translated into Thai by a translation agency and then go to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have it legalised. When that is done, you can go with your GF to any amphur in Thailand to get married.

See: http://www.bangkok.diplo.de/Vertretung/bangkok/de/04/Eheschliessung/__Eheschliessung.html

I grew up with German and English, but you're really hard to understand. Google translated, right?

Are you really sure to get married? Why would you buy a whole cow, if you only want to drink a glass of milk?

"Warum eine ganze Kuh kaufen, wenn du nur ein Glas Milch willst?"

If there's a problem, please page me in German and I can tell you the steps you'll have to go through.....rolleyes.gif

Edited by sirchai